KC Tendencies & Other Stuff

KRL

I watched the KC / HOU game and I refuse to buy what I saw because they were awful.
They were without Justin Houston (who won't play against us) and Jamal Charles:

Offense

- They weren't explosive at all and didn't/couldn't stretch the field.  They ran
a very compressed offense within 15-20 yards of the line of scrimmage

- Their main weapons were Kelce & Maclin

- Supposedly they were missing a couple of OLinemen and Smith was harrassed all day

- Usually Smith is very accurate, but not today.  In addition HOU really limited his
ability to scramble

Defense

- Peters & Berry are their most dynamic defenders.  Peters kept them in the game with
two INT's

- Their front 7 was very pedestrian.  Sutton runs a Ryan type of 3-4, their DLine is
stout against the run.  But without Houston there wasn't anything threatening coming
off the edge.  Hali is a shell of himself

Other Stuff

- No surprise about JAX bad start, Bradley their HC is awful.  No matter how much $$$ they
spend or big name draft picks they get they'll never go anywhere with him in charge

In addition I watched the SEA / LA game, and SEA has MAJOR offensive issues.  Wilson
is supposedly playing with a high ankle sprain and with the way he didn't move I
believe it.  Also, their OLine is VERY leaky and they miss their "Beast Mode" identity
with no Lynch.  If we want to be a playoff team we need to take advantage of the 
weaknesses KC & SEA have

Thanks KRL. Sea is in a transition. They are trying to become a passing team. They will miss Beast Mode a great deal. 

KC cannot stretch the field as you stated. They certainly can beat SD who missed their window a few years back. Jet should win both of these games. Still I doubt if the media will be impressed. 

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Chiefs lose to the Texans and the Seahawks lose to the Rams. Really how tough is this schedule?

Hence why reading too much into the schedule before preseason even starts is silly.

Teams change, coaches change, injuries happen, suspensions happen, the season is a fluid thing, not a static thing.

1 hour ago, rillo said:

KC is a different team at home, but they are beatable. 4o'clock game ugh. 

I'm considering getting out of work early that day to watch the game at home. Unfortunately, that would almost certainly be the kiss of death. 

Archived