Fitzpatrick Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

kelly

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

It was a sh*t pass. Jalin was running one way, whereas the ball would have hit the dirt the other way if it wasn't for the jump. As someone who played the WR position at club level, I can assure you Jalin jumping for that pass wasn't a choice. Could he have caught it without jumping? Sure, he could have, but the difficulty level of it increases. You lead your receiver in such circumstances. It was a sh*t pass. Fumble wasn't Fitz' fault though. If it makes you feel any better, if Fitz throws such a pass again and completes it, Im not going to complain about it. It was a sh!t pass, like I said, but it was a completion and there's only so much you expect from a journeyman QB. 

keep pretending like you know something. how does that saying go? fake it till you make it? or something like that

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I think that guys like Joe Montana made a career on s passes and were bailed out by guys like Rice. You throw the ball and expect the receiver to catch it and it doesn't have to be a perfect spiral either. So the Jalin Marshall throw wasn't perfect. He caught it didn't he. What were your other complaints about Fitz in the Bills game. Looks like the NFL and millions of fans think he had a good game.

That pass wasn't my complain. Was it a sh!t pass? Absolutely. Was is a completion? Yes. Does it matter much beyond that? No, not most of the time. Now had that been a 3rd down pass where he doesn't lead his receiver in that situation, you can bet your balls I'd pissed off about it. You want to give your WRs an opportunity to make a play and a good pass there would have given him that opportunity. Having said that, I think its only fair to point out that Fitz gave his WRs plenty of opportunities to make plays last week. He had one hell of a game to be honest and a discussion about one particular pass (a completion on 2nd down at that) is pretty idiotic, so I'm with you there. 

19 minutes ago, j4jets said:

That pass wasn't my complain. Was it a sh!t pass? Absolutely. Was is a completion? Yes. Does it matter much beyond that? No, not most of the time. Now had that been a 3rd down pass where he doesn't lead his receiver in that situation, you can bet your balls I'd pissed off about it. You want to give your WRs an opportunity to make a play and a good pass there would have given him that opportunity. Having said that, I think its only fair to point out that Fitz gave his WRs plenty of opportunities to make plays last week. He had one hell of a game to be honest and a discussion about one particular pass (a completion on 2nd down at that) is pretty idiotic, so I'm with you there. 

Joe Kapp was the master of the 'sh*t' pass as you say. As was Billy Kilmer. Both were NFL 'legends' to a big degree. They had that special ingredient that made them leaders and their teammates would leave it all on the field for them - similar to Fitz.  Once a WR makes the catch, it's on him to hold onto the ball, especially after he makes a move. No sh*t about it. 

28 minutes ago, Pac said:

Have we gotten to the part where people do that thing where they declare "people are rooting for losses to be right" and get likes for it?  That's one of my favorite parts!  Especially since it was said nowhere, ever.

I wonder who they were rooting for when Geno was QB, because obviously you cant root for a team and at the same time not be high on the quarterback.

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Jerry Rice bailed him out. A lot. It was his job.  And I saw them play. And Montana was a great Qb and Fitz isn't.  And like Fitz and Marshall they had set plays where a great receiver is put into a position to make great catches. Bailing out a Qb is a good thing not a bad thing. 

Well if you watched Montana play and came away thinking that he's a product of his WRs, was bailed out a lot, you watched a different QB than I did 

2 hours ago, Powpow said:

Joe Kapp was the master of the 'sh*t' pass as you say. As was Billy Kilmer. Both were NFL 'legends' to a big degree. They had that special ingredient that made them leaders and their teammates would leave it all on the field for them - similar to Fitz.  Once a WR makes the catch, it's on him to hold onto the ball, especially after he makes a move. No sh*t about it. 

Maybe you missed the part where I said it was a sh*t pass and not a sh*t fumble by Fitz. 

You also missed the part where Kilmer was a 2 time All Pro and Kapp was SB QB. I just don't see the similarities. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Montana may be the best ever, stop.  We know Rice was great, not the point.  

IMO Rice was the best ever at his position. The point is that great receivers make great catches. Including acrobatic ones that were maybe over the guys head, etc. You can call that a bail out to me it's a reception. I don't even like the term bail out. Anything catchable is a legit reception. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

IMO Rice was the best ever at his position. The point is that great receivers make great catches. Including acrobatic ones that were maybe over the guys head, etc. You can call that a bail out to me it's a reception. I don't even like the term bail out. Anything catchable is a legit reception. 

Really?  You and everyone else.

the point is you said Rice bailed out Montana.  That's a lot different than he made great catches.  The Implication is Montana needed help and was a product of his WR.  

You don't like the term bailed out?  It's not a football term and you brought it up.  You're an odd person.  Lol

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  You and everyone else.

the point is you said Rice bailed out Montana.  That's a lot different than he made great catches.  The Implication is Montana needed help and was a product of his WR.  

You don't like the term bailed out?  It's not a football term and you brought it up.  You're an odd person.  Lol

You guys, the Fitz haters like to use that term every time a Jets receiver makes a great catch. And give Fitz zero credit for a good play. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You guys, the Fitz haters like to use that term every time a Jets receiver makes a great catch. And give Fitz zero credit for a good play. 

Fitz hater?  Find one post where I've ever used the term bailed him out .   Find a post were I said a word about WRs making Fitz.  Find a post where i didn't give him credit when hes played well.  

Your problem is you've taken it on yourself to defend Fitz at every turn and have gone way to far.  Thinking that complaining about games he's played poorly makes someone a hater,

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fitz hater?  Find one post where I've ever used the term bailed him out .   Find a post were I said a word about WRs making Fitz.  Find a post where i didn't give him credit when hes played well.  

Your problem is you've taken it on yourself to defend Fitz at every turn and have gone way to far.  Thinking that complaining about games he's played poorly makes someone a hater,

Well then I won't expect you to use that term "bail out" in your criticism of Fitz. 

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fitz hater?  Find one post where I've ever used that term.   Find a post were I said a word about WRs making Fitz.  Find a post where o didn't give him credit when hes played well.  

Your problem is you've taken it on yourself to defend Fitz at every turn and have gone way to far.  Think that complaining about games he's played poorly makes someone a hater,

He's projecting bro. Same guy who will begin a statement with "Im not a Geno hater but....". 

They can dump all over Geno but its not considered hate, however you dump on Fitz its hate. 

You root for Geno to be replaced then you're just a "good fan", you root for better consistency from Fitzpatrick while pointing out his obvious inconsistencies and suddenly you're "rooting against the team just to be right on the internet". 

They're not listening or considering anything that you're actually saying. If it isnt what they deem as full-on support for this inconsistent QB then you're a hater who's rooting against your own team in order to be right on the internet. Same guys who will tell you that they were right (on the internet) the moment the opportunity occurred.

In one breath they say that Fitz isnt a franchise QB then you go on to see loose comparisons to Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Joe Kapp and Billy Kilmer. 

Then in another breath they say its about supporting the starting QB, but their support most of the time simply comes down to clowning the #2 QB and his supporters (being right on the internet???). What does that say about Fitz really? lol. 

Its gone as far as people now being called spammers because they writing in agreement on a topic within the thread that the topic is being talked about. How are you spamming when your message is staying within the confines of the topic thread? 

It's projection at its finest. lol. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

He's projecting bro. Same guy who will begin a statement with "Im not a Geno hater but....". 

They can dump all over Geno but its not considered hate, however you dump on Fitz its hate. 

You root for Geno to be replaced then you're just a "good fan", you root for better consistency from Fitzpatrick while pointing out his obvious inconsistencies and suddenly you're "rooting against the team just to be right". 

They're not listening or considering anything that you're actually saying. If it isnt what they deem as full on support for this inconsistent QB then you're a hater who's rooting against your own team in order to be right on the internet. Same guys who will tell you that they were right (on the internet) the moment they found out they were.

In one breath they say that Fitz isnt a franchise QB then you go on to see loose comparisons to Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Joe Kapp and Billy Kilmer. 

Then in another breath they say its about supporting the starting QB but their support most of the time simply comes down to clowning the #2 QB and his supporters (being right on the internet???). What does that say about Fitz really? lol. 

Its gone as far as people now being called spammers because they writing in agreement on a topic within the thread that the topic is being talked about. How are you spamming when your message is staying within the confinements of the topic thread? 

It's projection at its finest. lol. 

Hey Villain, do you really want Bowles to start Geno over Fitz? 

Sorry to disappoint some of you if Fitz has a good game on Sunday. You'll have to try and think of more reasons why he sucks. But I'm sure you'll outdo yourself the way you did last week when we was O player of the week. But the rule is you can't repeat the same attack. 

On September 22, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Powpow said:

Lost his "special ingredient"? Or came down to Earth?

Archived