Fitzpatrick Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

kelly

It's a real shame that we have a respectable veteran QB giving us some good football, and fans can't seem to get behind him, because of the insecurity they tether to terrible debate skills.

I mean, if we have to endure the pathetic argument that Rex cannot be mocked because he gave us 2 good years of football... doesn't it create a double standard for criticism of Fitz, or anyone else in this current regime?

"Fitz couldn't get us into the playoffs" - well, neither could Rex, we needed other teams to do that for us, and we still ultimately fell short of the SB. But it was good, relevant football. 

Double-standards are for dimwits.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bergen Jet said:

No, not at all.  Q caught two balls thrown behind him.  I think Fitz had a good game and I am a fan of his.  He is a throwback football player and a leader.  This isn't a knock of Fitz, he had a good game...  I just don't think he was great.

That's why I said "almost all".  If you want crisp throws from your QB every time, your standards for a "great game" are entirely too high.  No one is saying Fitz is a great QB.  But on Thursday, he WAS great, and was the # 1 reason we won that game. 

Why was he great?  Because regardless of the circumstances he put the team on his back and scored when we needed him to.  Jalin Marshall fumbles, surrendering a TD?  Marshall drops an easy one?  Didn't matter.  We had Fitz that night. 

23 minutes ago, Bergen Jet said:

I didn't think he looked great against Buffalo at all.  Stat line said he was great, the eye test disagreed.  Q bailed him out a couple of times... 

We shouldn't get too excited over being named offensive player of the week...

By those measures Eli sucks; have you seen some of the amazing catches their WRs make. You don't think Brady, Rodgers, etc ever had some receivers bailing them out? Also, Q had less yards than Marshall and Decker did they bail him out too? Also, it is about match ups, sometimes you need your WR to go get the ball. What about the Marshall drop and the big Decker play (hit him in stride) taken back because of the penalty?

In my mind it is the results. He played well, was basically unstoppable, and the won the game.

This site is ridiculous. Half the people say that stats are everything (except of course the stats they don't like); the other half only cares about awards (like the only real measure of a GM is the number of pro-bowlers he has drafted), some only care about winning. Here we have a QB that excelled in all three areas this week (including the most import % completion) and some people still aren't impressed.

FYI, you can admit he had a good game (or not say anything) and still think he stinks (1 game doesn't mean anything), but really, it was a pretty damn good game for him.

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I may be totally off base here, but I think Fitz Jet career is a case of a QB getting it really late. What I mean is he had no real success for the first years of his career until he got here. Once he got here, he began to improve into possible elite status dare I say? Of course I want to see more, especially this week in a really tough environment, but how much tougher could it possibly be to play in KC then it was in Buffalo against Wrecks? I am "guardedly" optimistic.

Yep. He looks more and more like Jim Plunkett as time goes by. Now, if he can just continue the trend and win us a couple Lombardis. 

31 minutes ago, Pac said:

You just proved you can't shut up about Geno by posting about Geno in a Fitz thread.

35 minutes ago, Pac said:

Guarantee they'll make another "This board is unreadable" thread. 

The saltiness is real! 

43 minutes ago, Pac said:

When Geno is voted offensive player of the week 3 times in 6 games then you should start demanding some respect for him. 

3 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Then shouldn't Garapolo be the AFC Offensive Player of the week?

Fitz

Comp   Att     Pct       Yds        Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
 24 34 70.6 374 11.0 1 0 1 4 116.5 5 21 4.2 0 1

On the road against the Bills defense ranked 23rd

Garapolo

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
18 27 66.7 234 8.7 3 0 0 0 130.8 -- -- -- -- -- --

At home against the Dolphin defense ranked 27th.

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

and the fact that you can't see the difference is all anyone needs to know.

Duh, yeah, there's no difference.  

Someone else brings him up you ride them, they're obsessed.  You bring him up, it's different.  

Whatever works for you.  Just saying. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

"Geno, White Russians, Pugs and the canals of Rochester.. These are a few of my favorite things"

That's all great but here's the thing: yes, I'm happy that the Jets had a winning record last year, but the reality is that Fitz has yet to bring this team to the next level. The only way to do that, as far as I'm concerned, is by leading the Jets in a win over a playoff-caliber team (which the Bills are not). That's one of the reasons I was so disappointed about blowing a winnable game against the Bengals. jets still have yet to show that they belong with the upper echelon teams.

KC and Seattle, however, will be very good tests.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

"Geno, White Russians, Pugs and the canals of Rochester.. These are a few of my favorite things"

The funny part is I'm indifferent about Geno..  Months ago I made what I thought was a pretty logical case and was bombarded with silly posts about being obsessed.  The fact that they were so ridiculous with their praise for Fitz and chiding of Geno is what made me want to keep the fight alive.

Plus I'm right.

Archived