Rappaport reports Fitz on short leash today.

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

How is mike rooting against the Jets? All he's saying is hallelujah if Bowles goes to another QB if the starter is sucking it up. Stop putting words in his mouth. 

Thank you sir.  

Though I probably shoulda just let it go.  Especially on gameday.  Acting like some sort of superior fan seems to be his shtick.

35 minutes ago, jack48 said:

you are probably right as far as the balls are concerned.  Bowles has not shown a sh*tload of aggressiveness since he got here.

You mentioned signing Fitz.  .  I took that ot mean that they signed him for a lot of money, so...whatever. Fitz has had two bad games out of three.  I am not sure they think he is their best bet. We do not see them practice.  But he has been the starter, so he starts.  He may not finish today.  That does not mean he starts next week, either.  We have no franchise guy.  This could wind up being one of those George Blanda type  things--where he comes in every other game to rally a team.  When your starter stinks, that happens.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You don't sign Fitz and hand him the job for him to be on a short leash week 4. But also I think Fitz plays well enough today that there isn't even going to be a chance of a QB switch and no one here should be hoping for that either.

That said, I wish Petty was healthy so that if he was, the Jets could evaluate a QB that could have a future here. 

And you don't subject your team to an inferior QB who threw 6 INTs you play the players that give you the best chance to win 53 man roster all eligible to play regardless of salary. 

And you don't subject your team to an inferior QB who threw 6 INTs you play the players that give you the best chance to win 53 man roster all eligible to play regardless of salary. 

Which is exact why, barring injury, Geno Smith will never see the field.

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Thank you sir.  

Though I probably shoulda just let it go.  Especially on gameday.  Acting like some sort of superior fan seems to be his shtick.

And rooting against your own team seems to be yours.

It's ok mate, other than a tiny little cadre of like-minded folks here at JN, we all know what you're rooting for most today.

And it isn't Fitz throwing 4 TD's and 350 yards for a big must-win.

Maybe you'll get your wish, who knows.  Difference will be if Geno plays, I'll actually root FOR him without condition or reservation, not against him.  

Just like I did both years he sh*t up the place with his worst-in-NFL play.

I root the laundry.  You root for Geno and against Fitz.  Really is nothing to debate about it, tbqh.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's ok mate, other than a tiny little cadre of like-minded folks here at JN, we all know what you're rooting for most today.

Maybe you'll get your wish, who knows.  Difference will be if Geno plays, I'll actually root FOR him without condition or reservation, not against him.  

I root the laundry.  You root for Geno and against Fitz.  Really is nothing to debate about it, tbqh.

No one is rooting for our starting QB to stink up the place we are rooting for a change if he does. 

Exactly.

The only thing worse than Geno Smith is these mindless Genobots.

Let them root for Seattle all they want.

4 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Exactly.

The only thing worse than Geno Smith is these mindless Genobots.

Let them root for Seattle all they want.

Exactly nothing 

We want our team to win if Fitz is stinking up the place Bowles has to bench him sadly FitzNation doesn't see it that way 

We root for the NY Jets to win and be competitive 6 INTs isn't being competitive 

Exactly nothing 
We want our team to win if Fitz is stinking up the place Bowles has to bench him sadly FitzNation doesn't see it that way 
We root for the NY Jets to win and be competitive 6 INTs isn't being competitive 

JAG: Just Another Genobot

Have fun rooting for Seattle today.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This is the other thing: Marshall and Decker loveeeeeee Fitz. Marshall has been a space cadet all year. There's no guarantee he'll stay on board if/when Fitz finds his way to the bench. 

He was roomies with Geno when Geno was the starter. He'll do whatever he needs to to get more passes thrown his way

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Listened to pregame on the way in and thought it was interesting that a former player said pulling Fitz means pulling the plug in the season/hitting the reset button.

They aren't stupid. They know Geno isn't a sparkplug. He's piss in the gas tank. 

Fitz would have to play pretty badly again which I don't see happening.  He's a seasoned vet and will bounce back.  Good for Bowles to light a fire under Fitz's azz and ;wake him up. He's been up and down this year; from fair in the Bengals game, to player of the week in Buffalo, to the abomination in KC.  If a change needs to be made, wait until Petty is ready to return. We know what Geno brings to the table, farts and belches.  Bringing Geno in would be Genocide.   

58 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That avatar you pose is a guy who threw 6 ints 3 times in his career.   You don't dump your starting QB over one bad performance.  Especially for a QB who had the worst qb rating for the 2 years he started and has shown no progress whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Rightfully so, let Geno use his legs and then stretch the field with Our speed guys. Hopefully no 20-30 yard sacks or any sacks in the end zone. I don't have that much faith in Geno but I am sure as he'll pulling for him to surprise us all.

Yes let Geno use his legs. He's so good at going backwards, avoiding the DL and ultimately throwing into double coverage or getting sacked 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Cant wait! 

6 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Doubt it, prior to Geno getting punched Marshal was pro Geno. 

That was prior to the fact that Fitz was the better QB for him.  Marshall got an up close view of what a loser Geno is.  Case closed.

7 minutes ago, Powpow said:

That avatar you pose is a guy who threw 6 ints 3 times in his career.   You don't dump your starting QB over one bad performance.  Especially for a QB who had the worst qb rating for the 2 years he started and has shown no progress whatsoever. 

True, but he also played when the CBs could actually play. These days with rampant PI calls, illegal contact, and rules that favor the passing game..... Well, context is everything. 

Archived