The Cycle goes around again.

UnitedWhofans

And it pisses me off because I think the Jets are rebuilding the right way in this town. Seem competitive to keep the fanbase happy and quietly get in new talent so that a young core can be formed.

They get a coach who is the total opposite of Rex personality wise, and everybody loves the hire. Media loves it and fans love it.

Now in year 2, Fans want to dump the coach and are questioning the GM.

Woody, because he listens to fans, will fire both of them and then they will start all over again. Same cycle different year. All because the fanbase will not accept a full rebuild like other teams do. 

Pisses me off because they are doing it the right way and impatient fans will force them out. Bowles should at least get 3 years. By that time, enough young talent will be here so that when a coaching change is made, the transition can be made easily

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are stupid and insane.  This teams actions have not been about a rebuild at all.  We signed a ton of vets this off season thus cutting down on comp picks next year.  We drafted a 1st rounder meant to be a help right now, we signed all sorts of vet secodnary guys last year.  we have done nothing to upgrade the oline with youth.  We have clung onto a limited boom bust vet qb.

Come back and talk to use when we actually do rebuild. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

You are stupid and insane.  This teams actions have not been about a rebuild at all.  We signed a ton of vets this off season thus cutting down on comp picks next year.  We drafted a 1st rounder meant to be a help right now, we signed all sorts of vet secodnary guys last year.  we have done nothing to upgrade the oline with youth.  We have clung onto a limited boom bust vet qb.

Come back and talk to use when we actually do rebuild. 

You are not seeing the forest for the trees.

1,Most of the veterans are on short term deals. They will be gone in the next two years.

2. Darron Lee is having a very good rookie season, so he is helping right now, no matter what your agenda says. 

3. Once again, most of the secondary guys are on short term deals.

4. Short term deal for Fitzpatrick.

I mean, if you cant see that, you are the one who is stupid and insane.

Thank god we have you here to tell us this. In every game thread since you joined and after every game in every single one of the 10+ threads you post every week. Between you telling people to shut up and calling countless people idiots or delusional, it's a miracle we were even able to discuss the basic rules of football before you registered.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Thank god we have you here to tell us this. In every game thread since you joined and after every game in every single one of the 10+ threads you post every week. Between you telling people to shut up and calling countless people idiots or delusional, it's a miracle we were even able to discuss the basic rules of football before you registered.

Because I bring evidence to the table. They bring opinions. OPinions are okay as long as you have evidence to back them up

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And it pisses me off because I think the Jets are rebuilding the right way in this town. Seem competitive to keep the fanbase happy and quietly get in new talent so that a young core can be formed.

They get a coach who is the total opposite of Rex personality wise, and everybody loves the hire. Media loves it and fans love it.

Woody, because he listens to fans, will fire both of them and then they will start all over again. Same cycle different year. All because the fanbase will not accept a full rebuild like other teams do. 

Pisses me off because they are doing it the right way and impatient fans will force them out. Bowles should at least get 3 years. By that time, enough young talent will be here so that when a coaching change is made, the transition can be made easily

Until they find a QB, they're not doing it the right way. Spending a second on Hack is not doing it the right way. In today's NFL, you either have a QB or you're on the couch in the playoffs. They find a QB, I'll start to come around. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1,Most of the veterans are on short term deals. They will be gone in the next two years.

2. Darron Lee is having a very good rookie season, so he is helping right now, no matter what your agenda says. 

Yeah, Beer, come on.  This team was built to be respectable in the short term, while drafting for the long term.  I don't see what the problem is with what United is saying here....

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Love you so much for this post.

The Jets are not in a rebuild. We are a talented team that is not playing like one (I go with coaching here) and we have a journeyman quarterback who, while can definitely hold the fort for the next guy, is not going to light it up for us.

We, like always, are a quarterback away and will continue to be until we can find a young one to build around. As a guy who was screaming for Derek Carr, it hurts to see him winning in Oakland.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Minimum money on most of those contracts too.

there is no rebuilding in the NFL. Just winning and sucking. Most contracts have guaranteed money for only 3 years. So, the Jets vets are the same as most teams. Please, your argument is stupid.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Any and all criticism is stupid......because.......rebuild. That's reasonable.

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You are slow. Todd will get year 3 but it's not q rebuild team when you got a journeyman qb with Marshall decker and forte and ancients on d like Harris and Revis. Stop you sound silly 

Just now, phill1c said:

there is no rebuilding in the NFL. Just winning and sucking. Most contracts have guaranteed money for only 3 years. So, the Jets vets are the same as most teams. Please, your argument is stupid.

That's bullsh*t. You try and build young cores within a team. And you try and trade for pieces that try to put you over the top.

Vikings attempted to do it with Herschel Walker, Jaguars have been rebuilding for a few years. 

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Please don't scold me for the Jets sucking.  No way to know if they are sucking for the greater good or just same old sucking. 

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Signing Fitzpatrick, Forte etc were not rebuild moves.  Dont blame the fanbase for this disaster.

Till the day I die (which should be soon watching one of these Jet debacles), I will never understand the fervor over signing Fitz at all cost.   This guy has been in the NFL for 12 seasons with absolutely nothing to show for it.  We are now in a season squarely on the shoulders of Mcc and Bowles. Next time, a-holes, sign a QB and at least some level of a TE.

That's bullsh*t. You try and build young cores within a team. And you try and trade for pieces that try to put you over the top.

Vikings attempted to do it with Herschel Walker, Jaguars have been rebuilding for a few years. 

Really?! Your supporting evidence is the Vikings of 20+ years ago, before the salary cap?

NO, the Jaguars have been SUCKING for a few years.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

You are slow. Todd will get year 3 but it's not q rebuild team when you got a journeyman qb with Marshall decker and forte and ancients on d like Harris and Revis. Stop you sound silly 

You're not getting it. Yes they have all those players. But they will be replaced by Anderson, Peake, Enunwa, Marshall etc. Harris and Revis will be replaced by Lee, Jenkins, and Burris. Same with Fitzpatrick

All younger. That's rebuilding.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Till the day I die (which should be soon watching one of these Jet debacles), I will never understand the fervor over signing Fitz at all cost.   This guy has been in the NFL for 12 seasons with absolutely nothing to show for it.  We are now in a season squarely on the shoulders of Mcc and Bowles. Next time, a-holes, sign a QB and at least some level of a TE.

I don't think the lack of a TE is really a significant factor. But, yeah, pinning your hopes on a QB with a 12-year body of work that doesn't include playoffs and who choked away your playoffs the year before seems incredibly stupid.

You're not getting it. Yes they have all those players. But they will be replaced by Anderson, Peake, Enunwa, Marshall etc. Harris and Revis will be replaced by Lee, Jenkins, and Burris. Same with Fitzpatrick

All younger. That's rebuilding.

If Anderson ever sees the field again after this game then Bowles and Mac truly don't know football

Just now, phill1c said:

I don't think the lack of a TE is really a significant factor. But, yeah, pinning your hopes on a QB with a 12-year body of work that doesn't include playoffs and who choked away your playoffs the year before seems incredibly stupid.

Maybe I was thinking of us actually covering a TE.  God almighty, has our secondary been an outright disaster, or what?  Seattle had guys running open all over the field today.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The team we faced today did it. 

The Seahawks had to rebuild after their Super Bowl in 2005.

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding your argument. You're saying that the jets are rebuilding?

When did they start?

Archived