The way I see next week playing out vs Pitt

Armyjet

I have this fear that somehow Fitz comes out next week and lights up an exploitable Pitt defense and we lose in a shootout with Pitt thus taking all focus off of Fitz and securing his spot as the starting QB through the end of the season and stunting the growth of the entire team.  I feel dirty saying this but I kind of hope he falls flat on his face next week and at least sets the wheels in motion for change.  But , being a jets fan i get the sneaking suspicions he'll have the Fitzmagic game and keep his job by playing well (and still losing).  Does it make me a bad jets fan to want him to fail next week?

I truly believe we’ll get to see Petty at some point this season if the Jets are 3-8 or something. If they are competing then the Jets will go with what must be working (that assuming if they are in contention that Fitz is playing well). But if the Jets are out of it we’ll surely get to see Petty so that the CS can evaluate him and make a decision on what they think they have. They’d be crazy not to if they think he can play.

I don’t think there is anything to worry about.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I truly believe we’ll get to see Petty at some point this season if the Jets are 3-8 or something. If they are competing then the Jets will go with what must be working (that assuming if they are in contention that Fitz is playing well). But if the Jets are out of it we’ll surely get to see Petty so that the CS can evaluate him and make a decision on what they think they have. They’d be crazy not to if they think he can play.

I don’t think there is anything to worry about.

Petty is a QB who hurt his right shoulder and has not practiced in weeks.  I think there is a deep dark mystery there.  

I have a crazier idea.  Start Geno against the Steelers.  They will spend the week preparing for Fitz.  Have the young WRs run fly routes and have Geno air it out.

It may not work every week, but maybe it works this week.  It has as good of a chance as any to succeed.

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

Petty is a QB who hurt his right shoulder and has not practiced in weeks.  I think there is a deep dark mystery there.  

I have a crazier idea.  Start Geno against the Steelers.  They will spend the week preparing for Fitz.  Have the young WRs run fly routes and have Geno air it out.

It may not work every week, but maybe it works this week.  It has as good of a chance as any to succeed.

Agree but if Geno lights up the Steelers Macc and Bowlels look fools who wasted $12 million on sh*tzPatrick

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

I'm not against taking one more look at Geno. But you know it's not happening this week. Fitz will be the starter it least until the bye week regardless IMO.

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Regardless of what Geno does, it's already clear the Jets wasted $12 million on Fitzpatrick.

Agree and the fact that we waited for him to sign was pathetic he held this team hostage a bum QB holding out on us and fans want answers look no further, 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree but if Geno lights up the Steelers Macc and Bowlels look fools who wasted $12 million on sh*tzPatrick

Look at what the Seahawks did with Flynn and Wilson?

Bowles needs to show the team that they are going to coach them to win, not not to lose.  He is going to prepare them.

Unless he turns it around, Kacy Rodgers will get sacrificed this season unless they get it together.

Let the players have some fun chasing long passes.  The only way they beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh is if they go for broke.  They will not beat the Steelers by playing like they did yesterday at home (which really was not that bad until the 4th quarter).

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

Look at what the Seahawks did with Flynn and Wilson?

Bowles needs to show the team that they are going to coach them to win, not not to lose.  He is going to prepare them.

Unless he turns it around, Kacy Rodgers will get sacrificed this season unless they get it together.

Let the players have some fun chasing long passes.  The only way they beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh is if they go for broke.  They will not beat the Steelers by playing like they did yesterday at home (which really was not that bad until the 4th quarter).

So you mean the conservative prevent scared offense isn't gonna beat the Steelers. 

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Playoff elimination???   Playoff elimination???   Please..I just spit out a $5 starbucks latte. Now you you owe me money. :)  

Oh, I agree...but the coaching staff will not bench him until it's official.  

We all talked about 3-3 and we're in good shape and 2-4 and there's still a shot.  That 3-3 is still in play (at least in the minds of management)  they still like Fitz..they must...they've watched the 11 years of film on the guy and deemed him worthy of $12mm - the last 4 games shouldn't really be a shock to them.  They're going to ride Fitz until they have no real shot.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We all talked about 3-3 and we're in good shape and 2-4 and there's still a shot.  That 3-3 is still in play (at least in the minds of management)  they still like Fitz..they must...they've watched the 11 years of film on the guy and deemed him worthy of $12mm - the last 4 games shouldn't really be a shock to them.  They're going to ride Fitz until they have no real shot.

Let me repeat if they do i hope it costs them both their damn jobs here. 

Woody Johnson has to be as frustrated as we all are. 

haha the responses have made laugh.  I do know the jets track record against the steelers especially in pitt.  but in typical jet fashion i expect them to reel us all back in just to let us down and end up 8-8 with a terrible draft pick and nothing to show for it.  38-30 Steelers on Sunday

4 minutes ago, Armyjet said:

haha the responses have made laugh.  I do know the jets track record against the steelers especially in pitt.  but in typical jet fashion i expect them to reel us all back in just to let us down and end up 8-8 with a terrible draft pick and nothing to show for it.  38-30 Steelers on Sunday

Wouldnt matter...if we had a top pick we would draft a bust as history has shown. :)

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Whats the status on Ik Enempkpali???  Lets get him and tell him Fitz owes him some money.

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My son drives the last Black car with Black interior I bought. Forgot how brutal that thing is in the summer.  My truck is white with tan interior and usually pretty reasonable.

I have one of each. Dead of summer drive the white/tan and leave the black on black in the garage.  

Archived