"Todd Bowles did not want Paxton Lynch"- Adam Schein on Sirius

Matt39

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true Bowles should be fired at season's end. You don't pass up big strong fast cannon armed QB prospects for LBs. I don't care how fast the lb is. This is why HCs, particularly a rookie hc, shouldn't call the shots. Bowles was thinking of "his unit" and what HE could do with him, but not the team as a whole both long and short term. 

Actually Lynch hasn't proven anything yet. And Lee has shown something. He was a good pick and fit what the team needed a fast linebacker. He is showing he can play in the NFL. He got beat yesterday a few times but his coverage of skill position players wasn't bad. Not too many linebackers can stay with those guys. It makes you think when he gets better he can be a very good and valuable player. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually Lynch hasn't proven anything yet. And Lee has shown something. He was a good pick and fit what the team needed a fast linebacker. He is showing he can play in the NFL. He got beat yesterday a few times but his coverage of skill position players wasn't bad. Not too many linebackers can stay with those guys. It makes you think when he gets better he can be a very good and valuable player. 

P. Lynch 14/24 170 1

First action off the bench due to injury. Long way to go obviously, but a good start. While I don't dislike Lee you don't pass on prototypical QBs for lbs. Lee hasn't proven much either, he's merely shown potential.

Back to the Rex Ryan years of the coach dictating how drafts go?  If that is the case don't fire Bowles fire macacagnan.  Most coaches should have very little input into drafting at all, I'd kick their asses out of the draft process if it was me.

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He hasnt. But if the HC is throwing his dick around in the draft room, specifically about QB's...yeah, not good. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Back to the Rex Ryan years of the coach dictating how drafts go?  If that is the case don't fire Bowles fire macacagnan.  Most coaches should have very little input into drafting at all, I'd kick their asses out of the draft process if it was me.

FIRE BOTH of them!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Good point. Mr Coffee in hand should have flexed some muscle and overridden the db coach.

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Just said it fwiw and had several sources confirm he was the guy hat persuaded he Jets not to go QB there. Great.

what sources?  Schein has been known to be an extreme exaggerator at times, although fairly reliable most of the time.

Frankly, I'd be shocked if Mac let Bowles dictate personnel decisions as important as this.  I call bullsheet on this, absent the sources.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

what sources?  Schein has been known to be an extreme exaggerator at times, although fairly reliable most of the time.

All he said he knew for a fact Bowles did not want Lynch...he didnt have any info on what Maccagnan thought of Lynch fwiw...Schein isn't Manish so I tend to think there's some truth to it....I'm sure Bowels pushed for Lee.

Just now, Matt39 said:

All he said he knew for a fact Bowles did not want Lynch...he didnt have any info on what Maccagnan thought of Lynch fwiw...

Maybe they both didn't like him.  He (Lynch) is as dumb as a rock, so they say.  

11 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

P. Lynch 14/24 170 1

First action off the bench due to injury. Long way to go obviously, but a good start. While I don't dislike Lee you don't pass on prototypical QBs for lbs. Lee hasn't proven much either, he's merely shown potential.

This would be on Mac and not Bowles...

But if Mac liked Lynch better than Hack and didn't take him because they wanted the LB (or because Bowles didn't like him) then Mac should lose his job.  

The only way Mac should have passed on Lynch is if he liked Hack better.  You don't mess around with QB's.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This would be on Mac and not Bowles...

But if Mac liked Lynch better than Hack and didn't take him because they wanted the LB (or because Bowles didn't like him) then Mac should lose his job.  

The only way Mac should have passed on Lynch is if he liked Hack better.  You don't mess around with QB's.

I think it's obvious that he liked Hack better or he would have taken Lynch. No H.C. is gonna talk the GM out of giving him his franchise QB.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Then Mac is a pusswah and serves no purpose here .

Coaches are always going to think short term...if Mac bent over on this yeah not good. My guess is Maccagnan liked Hackeberg enough that he didnt mind passing on Lynch, which is ****ed.

24 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Lynch proved he could come in the game on a pinch on the road and lead his team to a score in his first ever action.  It happened to be a 2 minute drill at the end of the first half.  He took no first team reps for an entire offseason (Sanchez and Seimian were battling) and managed a team to a victory by throwing a TD, completing 60% of his passes for 170 yards in a half of play, not turn the ball over and lead his team to 3 scoring drives.

Lee has proved he can do what every single LB'er in the NFL can do, tackle people. 

Lee looks like a good little player, Lynch may end up sucking...but acting like one has proved something more than the other is silly talk.

Well, if true, at least Bowles did something right.  Lynch is not a first round talent, not that he isn't going to be decent.  Far to many flaws, the biggest being his inability to throw to the left (without telegraphing by turning his entire body).

However, it's not the head coaches job to make that call.

1 minute ago, hawk said:

Well, if true, at least Bowles did something riget.  Lynch is not a first round talent, not that he isn't going to be decent.  Far to many flaws, the biggest being his inability to throw to the left (without telegraphing by turning his entire body).

The Super Bowl Champs felt comfortable enough to put him in the game, while the Jets guy still isnt allowed to fill up the gatorade jugs

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Coaches are always going to think short term...if Mac bent over on this yeah not good. My guess is Maccagnan liked Hackeberg enough that he didnt mind passing on Lynch, which is ****ed.

We're sooooo boned.  Mac is a moron/pusswah and Bowles was completely fooled by Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Once upon a time the Fans of a team thought a draft pick was a bust . Then that draft pick entered a game in the 4th quarter and threw some really nice passes and everyone was giddy . The following week, that same guy stunk up the joint, and went back to bust status .

Jet fans you folks really need to quit with this instant gratification garbage .

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

My guess is Maccagnan liked Hackeberg enough that he didnt mind passing on Lynch, which is ****ed.

This certainly looks to be the case, which is the worst-case scenario: that Maccagnan not only thought drafting Hackenberg was a good idea, but that doing so was some clever little coup.

Really though, if they had signed spiller and continued assembling the Bills 2011 offense then they could have scored like 10 points against the seahawks. Spiller also wouldn't have scored a touchdown against them.

I think the moral of the story is they really need to get the rest of the guys from that 2011 Bills offense.

Archived