LaDainian Thompson has seen enough of Fitzpatrick

joewilly12

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

With even competent QB play we definitely beat Cincinnati and probably KC.  

Playing Fitz now shows we've given up.  Playing Geno shows Petty isn't ready and that they'd prefer seeing what Geno can do with a good team around him.  The team already knows what Fitz can do, and it's crap.

The KC game I'll give you. It Fitz was fine in Cinci. Defense and kicking game sabotaged that win. 

Honestly, what makes you think this staff and management cares to see what Geno can do? If they wanted that, Fitz isn't here. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Honestly, what makes you think this staff and management cares to see what Geno can do? If they wanted that, Fitz isn't here. 

I can't explain the Jets FO and how they think.  What I can see though are the results.  Whoever made the decision to re-sign Fitz was wrong.  Cut losses and move on.

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I can't explain the Jets FO and how they think.  What I can see though are the results.  Whoever made the decision to re-sign Fitz was wrong.  Cut losses and move on.

I can the Jets reached by signing Fitzpatrick let alone the fact they spent $12 million so if they start Geno Smith and he plays well Macc looks like a jackass Bowles is protecting Macc and vice versa. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I can the Jets reached by signing Fitzpatrick let alone the fact they spent $12 million so if they start Geno Smith and he plays well Macc looks like a jackass Bowles is protecting Macc and vice versa. 

Sure.  But they need to realize they already look like jackasses.  No way around it.

Question is can they adjust in time to salvage something from the season?  I have my doubts.  

Whoever is calling the shots in Jet Land now is very bad at his job and doesn't deserve to have it any longer.

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

That can and has been debated as nauseum. They made the decision, he's back, and he's the starter until the wheels fall off. They obviously think he's the best option, they obviously feel this isn't a lost or wasted season after 4 weeks, and they obviously don't regard Geno as a future Jet or else he would have gotten his job back after his jaw healed. 

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sure.  But they need to realize the already look like jackasses.  No way around it.

Question is can they adjust in time to salvage something from the season?  I have my doubts.  

Whoever is calling the shots in Jet Land now is very bad at his job and doesn't deserve to have it any longer.

Next home game they will hand out Todd Bowles bobble heads and everyone will be happy win or lose. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That can and has been debated as nauseum. They made the decision, he's back, and he's the starter until the wheels fall off. They obviously think he's the best option, they obviously feel this isn't a lost or wasted season after 4 weeks, and they obviously don't regard Geno as a future Jet or else he would have gotten his job back after his jaw healed. 

Until the wheels fall off??????????

9 INTs in 2 games I think the wheels are off 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why wait Carl?  Isn't this about winning games putting the best players on the field. Or did the NY Jets declare after 1969 that they were losers for life.

So you're saying management and staff are purposely not playing the best players each and every week? Is that what you really believe? That Bowles is sabotaging the Jets by playing bad players?

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So you're saying management and staff are purposely not playing the best players each and every week? Is that what you really believe? That Bowles is sabotaging the Jets by playing bad players?

With the QB situation yes there cant be any other reason but stupidity that another QB isn't playing. 

Why didnt Kerley get a chance here?  

Todd Bowles strange man with strange ways and coaching skills.

Bowles said he's playing Fitzpatrick based on what he did last year. Which means he's emotionally attached to Fitzpatrick and he finds it hard to bench him because he's his guy so he's giving Fitzpatrick plenty of rope in hopes that he turns it around. This contradicts Bowles own statement from last year, if the team is winning and the QB is playing well he won't make a change. This year it's the opposite we're not winning and the QB is playing poorly. 

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Whos the future is irrelevant, what is relevant is that Fitz isnt the future or the present.  Its time to move him out, I'll take one week, could care less about the future at this point.

5 hours ago, Nostradamus said:

Marshall is all in with Fitz........Fitz deserves another shot in Pittsburgh.  He pulls a win out of his ass there he is the QB.....if he loses and looks bad doing so then all bets are off. 

What happens if Fitz looks good and the Jets still lose because the defense is horrid?

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Whos the future is irrelevant, what is relevant is that Fitz isnt the future or the present.  Its time to move him out, I'll take one week, could care less about the future at this point.

This is a very shortsighted approach and quite frankly not the way to go about things at all. 

12 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Disagree completely.  I'm thinking we'd be 2-2 at worst now.  Likely 3-1.  And that's vs the rough part of the schedule.

Your QB has a waterfall effect on the team.  The players see how Fitz is playing.  He can't read defenses.  Doesn't have the arm to make most throws.  Throws idiotic interceptions.  And even when the opposition does't catch the ball, Fitz's accuracy is putrid; throwing feet behind/below/avove/beyond where the ball should be placed.  Even most "good" completions were placed horribly and should have been bigger plays.

Fitzpatrick sucks big hairy moose balls.  Plain and simple.  The rest of the team sees this and it obviously affects them.  Spending 12mil was idiotic, but every drive Fitz is still our #1, it only gets worse.

We need a spark.

As I mentioned previously, start Geno for at least a few weeks, giving him time to get acclimated and practice as the 1.  Prepare Petty in the meantime.

If after 4 or 5 weeks Geno sucks still, play Petty while prepping Hack.  

If Petty sucks, play Hack the last couple games.

At least they're trying and the team and fans see this.  It's a very different appearance than starting a useless POS QB in Fitz.

If any of the QBs play well, they're the starter next year.  Or at least front runner.  Hack is the only QB who should be able to fail while keeping a roster spot in 2017.

Fitz has already failed.  He can go.

No. At this point Petty is too close to returning to steal another 4 games from his tryout. Let Fitz stay out there until Petty is game-ready and get him onto he field to see what he's got as soon as humanly possible.

Last thing needed by a team that is already looking to next year is to see Geno have an ok game or two (it's Thursday already & just accept that he's simply not starting Sunday vs Pittsburgh), followed by 3 Fitz-like games from Geno against the easy ones so Bowles keeps him out there, then Bowles gives him another 2-3 games to hang himself. Then Petty finally gets to see the field with only 5-6 games left. Problem with that is even if Petty looks decent it won't be enough to head into 2017 without forgoing an attempt at another QB. 

No, let Fitz stay out there until Petty can take the field, and then give him a good 10 games to start. And actually evaluate him as a QB, not just the emotional lift the whole team gets after the injection of big change. Actually look at the reads he's making before & after the snap, not just clap because a wide open first read was thrown to for a completion (or wasn't open but against better QB judgment it was completed for a mild gain anyway instead of the TD that was there to someone else if he'd only bothered to look). The more games to assess this the better because he'll get some, "hey it's his first game/month/etc" mulligans, and he should get some.

Week 6 is already too late to put Geno out there before Petty, unless literally Fitz gets knocked out badly before Petty is back. Pray that doesn't happen. You want to see as many games from Petty as you can, good or bad, to make a decision for 2017 as educated as possible.

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No. At this point Petty is too close to returning to steal another 4 games from his tryout. Let Fitz stay out there until Petty is game-ready and get him onto he field to see what he's got as soon as humanly possible.

Last thing needed by a team that is already looking to next year is to see Geno have an ok game or two (it's Thursday already & just accept that he's simply not starting Sunday vs Pittsburgh), followed by 3 Fitz-like games against the easy ones so Bowles keeps him out there, then Bowles gives him another 2-3 games to hang himself. Then Petty finally gets to see the field with only 5-6 games left. Problem with that is even if Petty looks decent it won't be enough to head into 2017 without forgoing an attempt at another QB. 

No, let Fitz stay out there until Petty can take the field, and then give him a good 10 games to start. And actually evaluate him as a QB, not just the emotional lift the whole team gets after the injection of big change. Actually look at the reads he's making before & after the snap, not just clap because a wide open first read was thrown to for a completion (or wasn't open but against better QB judgment it was completed for a mild gain anyway instead of the TD that was there to someone else if he'd only bothered to look). The more games to assess this the better because he'll get some, "hey it's his first game/month/etc" mulligans, and he should get some.

Week 6 is already too late to put Geno out there before Petty, unless literally Fitz gets knocked out badly before Petty is back. Pray that doesn't happen. You want to see as many games from Petty as you can, good or bad, to make a decision for 2017 as educated as possible.

We need someone who can be ready to play the 2nd half this week.

Petty is gonna need what, at least 3 or 4 weeks once he's back to prep?  More than enough time to finally see what Geno can do with an NFL caliber team.

I don't give two sh*ts who eventually ends up being our QB, so long as they're good.  Good be Geno, Petty, Hack or some kid still playing college ball.  

No way do I hold things up just so Petty can have an ideal situation.  Get the whole process started ASAP.  If Petty is ready to go in 3 weeks and Geno just looks average, then play Petty.

I am all for putting the best product on the field, but it's obvious they don't think that's is Geno at the QB position. If you think Geno is a better overall QB that's fine but they are not benching Fitz in the first quarter of the season for someone they obviously have no faith in and especially after they paid him 12 million. Calling for a 2nd year HC and GM to be fired for not playing Geno is ludicrous. I have to agree with Sprem Edwards I think that is exactly what the CS should do.

28 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

We need someone who can be ready to play the 2nd half this week.

Petty is gonna need what, at least 3 or 4 weeks once he's back to prep?  More than enough time to finally see what Geno can do with an NFL caliber team.

I don't give two sh*ts who eventually ends up being our QB, so long as they're good.  Good be Geno, Petty, Hack or some kid still playing college ball.  

No way do I hold things up just so Petty can have an ideal situation.  Get the whole process started ASAP.  If Petty is ready to go in 3 weeks and Geno just looks average, then play Petty.

If Petty needs another 3-4 weeks after he gets back then there's no point in putting him out there at all.

Once he's back it means he's healthy enough to play. Maybe give him 1 week to get his body back in game shape then another week to split reps between the 1s and 2s. That's maximum. It was - if one is to believe Bowles - a shoulder bruise with no structural damage. Surely it was a bad bruise, but it was a bruise nonetheless. He's been in the film room, he's been around; it's not like he's been alone in a hospital bed this past month.

Next...

Waiting for Petty to be healthy isn't holding things up so Petty can have an ideal situation. It's holding things up so the Jets can have an ideal situation: a situation of maximum evaluation of the one QB no the roster they could actually expect to be the starter next season. If he sucks, then **** him, too, and he & Hackenberg battle it out for the roster spot.

If he looks decent (or better) I want to see that he didn't just look so in the last few games where there isn't much film on him yet and teams are more injured or pulling starters earlier in games to boot.

It isn't for the player. It's for the team.

@Mike135

A team that wants to "get the whole process started ASAP" is a team that pulls Fitz in Kansas City not one that waits to weeks 5 or 6. Since I won't outright wish for anyone - even Fitzpatrick whose Jets chapter I want closed - I am praying they're just keeping Fitz in there until Petty is ready to go and are bypassing Geno altogether at this point.

Again, what does GM Mike135 do if the team is mostly winning with Geno, but even though the team is playing well with some life in them after the switch, Geno is really not playing particularly well nor particularly poorly? Zero chance Bowles pulls him while the team is mostly winning, and then what for next year? Offer Geno a starter's contract? Or do you trade up to draft another QB high and/or pick up another veteran backup and Petty never really gets a solid look?

You can't make that switch and assume the only two outcomes are Geno Part III is so good so we must stick with him and he must be extended in the offseason, or Geno 3 is so bad he must be pulled within 3 weeks to coincide with Petty's health and readiness. Particularly since you're talking of giving Geno the "easy" games initially. He may be a bad QB but not look so bad because of the competition. It's not like he literally can't throw a tight spiral or ever hit an open receiver; it's that he's a poor leader and makes poor decisions in the heat of the moment (both on the field and off it). 

Also he has a freaking Twitter account and has the presence of mind to use it -- even worse, use it while he's the freaking backup. I've been easier on him than many because of the meh opportunities on the field in games that count (the most recent being coming off the bench after only working with the practice squad all week, following his missing the prior 2 months outright). But holy crap how can a person have such absent social skills to post his woe is me face on Twitter, knowing everyone is just itching for a reason to boo him further? It wasn't the worst thing he could have posted by far, but it's still super stupid.

Move on. At this point he gets in only if Fitz gets knocked out of a game before Petty's return. 

Just now, Freemanm said:

What proof have we seen that Petty isn't just the reincarnation of Brooks Bollinger? 

Absolutely zero... but if the season is gone what is the difference? Gotta see what you have eventually and no better time than when the games don't count.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Absolutely zero... but if the season is gone what is the difference? Gotta see what you have eventually and no better time than when the games don't count.

I think we can both agree with LT, though, that if you throw 9 pics in two games, you don't get to be the starter for the third game. And it's not like sh*tzpatrick threw them during garbage time. The D actually kept us in the game against KC. A TD anytime in the second half of that game and we would have been right back in it. 

Geno is the #2, he should start regardless

4 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I think we can both agree with LT, though, that if you throw 9 pics in two games, you don't get to be the starter for the third game. And it's not like sh*tzpatrick threw them during garbage time. The D actually kept us in the game against KC. A TD anytime in the second half of that game and we would have been right back in it. 

Again...starting Geno does nothing for this team except shut up people like you when he fails.

5 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

In name only, and that temporarily.  He has no future here, playing him if we're giving on on the #1, serves no purpose.  

Geno is here only for injury protection till Petty is back and healthy and ready to play.

If a change will be made, it'll be then.  And it won't be for Geno.

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In name only, and that temporarily.  He has no future here, playing him if we're giving on on the #1, serves no purpose.  

Geno is here only for injury protection till Petty is back and healthy and ready to play.

If a change will be made, it'll be then.  And it won't be for Geno.

The goal is to find a franchise/starting QB. If Geno plays this year and does well he can be re-signed. 

Archived