MNF Jets Playoff Game

kevinc855

On Monday night the Jets are playing for their season. One must ask, not only being on the national stage and having so much on the line what game plan Bowles and Chan will have. This is no time for conservative football or status quo play. The players need to come out jacked, playing fast and hitting hard. The Jets need to realize for this team and their fans there season is not off to a good start but not lost yet either. As I have stated on posts before a win in Arizona on MNF could be a turn around game for this team, a moment in their season.

Following the Cardinals is a Ravens team who is starting to be exposed, an awful Browns team and a terrible Dolphins team. It is really hard to fathom the Jets being 4-4 at the halfway point? The following week is the Rams who is not as good as their 3-2 record suggests heading into a bye week. This team needs to fight for itself and its fans. They need to clean up so much, play in the clutch and keep fighting.

I know I will be rooting my head off on Monday night, I expect my team to be amped as I am. TURN IT AROUND THIS WEEK!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its more than just the season, although realistically this is not a playoff team in this year's AFC.  But given their construction and the randomness of drafting high, the Jets are better off learning to play well, to compete, to game plan and to fight.

For this game in particular, people should be playing for their jobs.  Foremost, Kacy Rodgers.  If he is really just Bowles' stooge, he should say or do something, because he is going to get fired first.   They really need to show a functional defensive game plan.  Ok-Revis may not play, and he cannot cover elite receivers man-to-man.  But they need to cover people.  They have a long week to prepare.

Assorted players should be facing benching either before, during or after this game.   There are several players who should be pondering eventual retirement if they cannot bring their best to this game.

20 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

On Monday night the Jets are playing for their season. One must ask, not only being on the national stage and having so much on the line what game plan Bowles and Chan will have. This is no time for conservative football or status quo play. The players need to come out jacked, playing fast and hitting hard. The Jets need to realize for this team and their fans there season is not off to a good start but not lost yet either. As I have stated on posts before a win in Arizona on MNF could be a turn around game for this team, a moment in their season.

Following the Cardinals is a Ravens team who is starting to be exposed, an awful Browns team and a terrible Dolphins team. It is really hard to fathom the Jets being 4-4 at the halfway point? The following week is the Rams who is not as good as their 3-2 record suggests heading into a bye week. This team needs to fight for itself and its fans. They need to clean up so much, play in the clutch and keep fighting.

I know I will be rooting my head off on Monday night, I expect my team to be amped as I am. TURN IT AROUND THIS WEEK!

3 non-competitive games in a row.    3, 10, 17 points scored on offense respectively.  The D is the easiest to move on in the entire league.  Each unit is currently battling each other for who can be the worst in he league. 

Yes, it is kind of hard to fathom being 4-4 at the half way point.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

3 non-competitive games in a row.    3, 10, 17 points scored on offense respectively.  The D is the easiest to move on in the entire league.  Each unit is currently battling each other for who can be the worst in he league. 

It's hard to fathom four wins at all this season.  

We've played five games with a record of 1-4.  There are 11 left. Usually, 10 wins gets you into the playoffs.  But often, it takes more wins if you don't win the division, which we won't accomplish this season. 

So, that means we need to go at least 9-2 to even have a shot at the post-season.  LOL! Ain't happening folks.  Our season is done.  Period.  Get the signs ready for the big yard sale.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

You must be real young Kevin . This is the perfect spot for the jets to kick us in the balls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kicked-nuts-record.jpg

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Correct, but we'll be 7-7 rounding the corner into Christmas.

We are a victim of scheduling and sequencing.  If our early games were easy and our middle games hard we'd wind up in the same place.  We are a 7-9 team, we weren't going to beat all these playoff teams no matter when the games were played.

SAR I

Everybody counted the Jets out after Houston decimated us last year. Bowles righted the ship and the Jets got rolling on a 5 game win streak. The schedule softens up after the next 2 games, if you take Baltimore seriously.

1 game at a time but the season is not out of reach just yet... but it's heading in that direction fast.

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We are a victim of scheduling and sequencing.  If our early games were easy and our middle games hard we'd wind up in the same place.  We are a 7-9 team, we weren't going to beat all these playoff teams no matter when the games were played.

SAR I

Wrong.  We are the victim of too many sad-sack players and a slap-dick coaching staff.  Beyond the game scores and won-lost record, this team has more holes than Swiss cheese, and that is reflected in their lackluster play.  And even the so-called strength of the team, the D-line, has gotten their lunch handed to them.  Despite having talented players here and there, this is simply not a good football team.

1 minute ago, Il Mostro said:

Wrong.  We are the victim of too many sad-sack players and a slap-dick coaching staff.  Beyond the game scores and won-lost record, this team has more holes than Swiss cheese, and that is reflected in their lackluster play.  Despite having talented players here and there, this is simply not a good football team.

I agree this team is underperforming but each team we played so far was a GOOD playoff team. If we opened against the Browns, Rams, Dolphins etc, we would for sure have more wins. Let's see what happens though.....

Just now, kevinc855 said:

I agree this team is underperforming but each team we played so far was a GOOD playoff team. If we opened against the Browns, Rams, Dolphins etc, we would for sure have more wins. Let's see what happens though.....

And, if that were the case, they would fold against good teams.  You cannot win a championship without beating good teams.  Mediocre O-line, piss poor secondary (including Mevi$ who is regularly beaten like a rented mule), weak LB corps, and a "vaunted" D-line that must be so busy reading their own press that they cannot pressure opposing QB's are what is holding the team back.  It's that friggin' simple -- this is not a good football team by any measure. All made even worse with the joke of a coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sounding like the true ticket salesman you are. :D

5 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

And, if that were the case, they would fold against good teams.  You cannot win a championship without beating good teams.  Mediocre O-line, piss poor secondary (including Mevi$ who is regularly beaten like a rented mule), weak LB corps, and a "vaunted" D-line that must be so busy reading their own press that they cannot pressure opposing QB's are what is holding the team back.  It's that friggin' simple -- this is not a good football team by any measure. All made even worse with the joke of a coaching staff. 

I'm a die hard Jet fan but have the mindset of knowing they are not a superbowl team. My point is we got hosed with scheduling and think you will see a bounce back to be in the mix for a wildcard in early December. However I agree if this team continues to play the way they have they will be in any postseason and if they made one they be one and done.

52 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Wrong.  We are the victim of too many sad-sack players and a slap-dick coaching staff.  Beyond the game scores and won-lost record, this team has more holes than Swiss cheese, and that is reflected in their lackluster play.  And even the so-called strength of the team, the D-line, has gotten their lunch handed to them.  Despite having talented players here and there, this is simply not a good football team.

We weren't a good football team last year either, but the schedule allowed us to amass 10 wins despite our talent level.

I wasn't the only person warning the forum that this was going to happen and we were going to open 1-5.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If we continue to play like we are the place will be empty you better consider donating those tickets for the tax write off. 

Agreed but it won't be because of the quarterback.  See, he's performing exactly as we expected and Geno Smith is no improvement.

We are playing like ass because of the defense.  Pretty obvious observation, I don't think I'm breaking new ground here.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Agreed but it won't be because of the quarterback.  See, he's performing exactly as we expected and Geno Smith is no improvement.

We are playing like ass because of the defense.  Pretty obvious observation, I don't think I'm breaking new ground here.

SAR I

Geno Smith is a non factor here. you lessen your argument when you mention his name.  

We are playing like we are because of poor coaching and mismanagement. 

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Did Todd Bowltite just post this?

Most Jets fans are such cynics lol. I get that we've sucked horribly this year and it's been a total disaster, but at 1-4 I'm keeping hope alive for a turnaround. Will it happen? Most likely not, but giving up on the season this early is just depressing to me. I'm hoping for a win in Arizona, because if we can get this one then we have some easy games coming up.

Just now, JetUp91 said:

Most Jets fans are such cynics lol. I get that we've sucked horribly this year and it's been a total disaster, but at 1-4 I'm keeping hope alive for a turnaround. Will it happen? Most likely not, but giving up on the season this early is just depressing to me. I'm hoping for a win in Arizona, because if we can get this one then we have some easy games coming up.

Hey great we can cheer again goose each other grow beards buy Fitzpatrick jerseys and t-shirts alright alright alright cant wait. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hey great we can cheer again goose each other grow beards buy Fitzpatrick jerseys and t-shirts alright alright alright cant wait. 

Joe, you are an old school Jet fans the younger generation detest. Take your negativity down the turn pike and become an Eagles fan and be miserable with them.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Joe, you are an old school Jet fans the younger generation detest. Take your negativity down the turn pike and become an Eagles fan and be miserable with them.

Sadly you became a Jets fan because of me why do you detest older Jets fan like myself who really arent that old son. Im 53. 

Do you dis respect your elders in real life as well. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I don't understand why you torture yourself with this team when they clearly make you miserable. Nothing more insane than continuously doing something you hate, when you have complete control over it.

Just now, JetUp91 said:

I don't understand why you torture yourself with this team when they clearly make you miserable. Nothing more insane than continuously doing something you hate, when you have complete control over it.

Lifetime Jets fan diehard Jets fan bleed green not miserable just aggravated that most cant see whats going on and continue to pacify situations and make excuses for failure and are alright with it. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Sadly you became a Jets fan because of me why do you detest older Jets fan like myself who really arent that old son. Im 53. 

Do you dis respect your elders in real life as well. 

Mid 50's is exactly what I was thinking to. Spot on. Do you yell at the kids on your lawn and hate your boss to? Possibly balding? Im in my early 30's and started coming up during the Kotite years, YES we all know how much you suffered but aren't brand new fans either. We have traveled, traced social media and see how different fan bases are. This fan base is one of the most negative ones I know. I grew up in NY and know "the type all to well" its Week 6 and we are done? Give me a break

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lifetime Jets fan diehard Jets fan bleed green not miserable just aggravated that most cant see whats going on and continue to pacify situations and make excuses for failure and are alright with it. 

No, you're completely wrong. I do see what's going on, I'm not "pacifying situations" or "making excuses for failure," and I'm not "alright with it." You just quoted my above post where I said this team has been a disaster, but I just don't want to give up just yet. I'm just as frustrated as you are with the way things have been going so far. You're just choosing to bitch and moan about it while I'm choosing to keep my head up and see if we can turn this thing around.

Football is entertainment. If you're so annoyed by this team, walk away. It really is that simple.

Archived