56 members have voted

1. 1. WHOSE HEAD ROLLS?

• Fitzpatrick
    • Todd Bowles
    • Chan Gailey
    • Kacy Rodgers
    • Maccagnan

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I agree with what your saying but who would you like to see brought in as a HC?

Josh McDaniels would be my top choice. Any product of the Pats would be an immediate upgrade over Bowles who makes moves with glacial speed. McDaniels might be able to instill some of the Patriots way to a team woefully lacking identity and toughness. The Pats are plug and play. They can lose their best player and still win the next week. Nothing bothers them, nothing deters them because the system works and the Jets desperately need to steal some of that. Yeah, I know Mangini didn't work out, but I blame Tannenbaum and Mangini trying too hard to be exactly like BB than anything else. Tanny should have told Mangini "no way" when it came to Vernon Gholston, a workout warrior whose own coaches at Ohio State said they wondered about his committment to football. Red Flag? You think? Joe Flacco was the pick but neither recognized that and became enamored with Brett freakin Favre.

I think its got to be Kacy Rodgers. Or whoever is in charge of the secondary. Once again, the secondary gt beat like a drum last night. I know D.Johnson got a long run for a TD. But the Jets could not stop the pass game in the second half. And that was really what opened up the flood gates. 

As far as the offense. Well, it's on Fitz. But he's not going to get released or traded or anything like that. He MAY get benched. But that's about it. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Bowles isn't firing or benching anyone from what I see. I don't think anything happens until off season

The jets are the worst team in the nfl, time to scout qbs

What about the Browns??? Should be interesting to see who wins that match up week 8.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

Josh McDaniels would be my top choice. Any product of the Pats would be an immediate upgrade over Bowles who makes moves with glacial speed. McDaniels might be able to instill some of the Patriots way to a team woefully lacking identity and toughness. The Pats are plug and play. They can lose their best player and still win the next week. Nothing bothers them, nothing deters them because the system works and the Jets desperately need to steal some of that. Yeah, I know Mangini didn't work out, but I blame Tannenbaum and Mangini trying too hard to be exactly like BB than anything else. Tanny should have told Mangini "no way" when it came to Vernon Gholston, a workout warrior whose own coaches at Ohio State said they wondered about his committment to football. Red Flag? You think? Joe Flacco was the pick but neither recognized that and became enamored with Brett freakin Favre.

Do you think Josh would make that move? I don't think Mac will fire Bowles this year, I think they will give him one more year. Not saying I agree with it.

What I saw last night from both players and coaches was shocking, disgusting and demoralizing. Two runs for TDs right up the middle?  Fitz overthrowing the friggin' world. No run game. Us getting gashed for a 58 yard run?  Gailey calling the most ridiculous game since Shoddy or Morningdunce.  Bowles looking absolutely clueless on the sidelines and at the podium.  

Time to load up the moving van.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

What I saw last night from both players and coaches was shocking, disgusting and demoralizing. Two runs for TDs right up the middle?  Fitz overthrowing the friggin' world. No run game. Us getting gashed for a 58 yard run?  Gailey calling the most ridiculous game since Shoddy or Morningdunce.  Bowles looking absolutely clueless on the sidelines and at the podium.  

Couldn't agree more Woody Johnson must be so proud.

No one's head rolls, that's just stupid fan/media talk.  The rebuild of the organization needs

to continue with Maccagnan & Bowles in charge.  What has to happen the rest of the year

is EVERYONE needs to be evaluated so we know who stays and who goes.  And if a tempting

trade offer comes along take it

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You forgot Sparano.. he was worse than Shotty and Mornin.  Add to this steaming pile... Hackett, Heimerdinger, Henning, Erhardt etc. This team hasn't had a decent OC in ages

25 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Absent something worse over the rest of the season, doubtful anyone walks the plank until January. Then, everyone but Mccagnan is GONE. 

I don't feel like starting a thread so I'll bang this in right here.  I don't get why Maccagnan gets a pass, this team looks terrible.  And how the **** is it possible to build a roster in today's NFL w/ 4 QB's and no TE.   The team literally doesn't have a TE.   Who does that?   

7 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

I don't feel like starting a thread so I'll bang this in right here.  I don't get why Maccagnan gets a pass, this team looks terrible.  And how the **** is it possible to build a roster in today's NFL w/ 4 QB's and no TE.   The team literally doesn't have a TE.   Who does that?   

Think it's really hard to fire a GM after 2 years, after firing the previous GM after 2 years. That reeks of disorder and panic. But if the media squawks enough, not like Woody Johnson hasn't panicked before. 

I think last year's 10 win season gave us a false sense of security that this team was ready to take it to the next level and begin competing with the top teams in the league. Well, we were wrong to Believe this.its clear that this team has too many holes to cover up.  From playing 2 rookie line backers, a questionable secondary ( thus asking Revis to still play  as if he was 25), an offence  made up aging stars (that have always been suspect to numerous injuries), a journeyman QB that's always been hot or cold, a questionable offensive line, an inexperienced head coach, and last but most importantly A DEFENSIVE LINE THAT'S FAILED TO DOMINATE.

I think Bowles should fire Rodgers, the guy is his friend who he brought in and is clearly not doing a great job. If he fires the guy it will set as an example for the players that even people Bowles likes are not safe if they are incapable of doing their job well. I don't think it will fix all of our problems and Bowles himself may be a part of the problem but i think that would atleast be a good start. Also while he is at it on the whole setting examples thing bench Fitz as our starter next week even if it is only for one week and let the team see their leader isn't safe either.

Archived