Firing a HC in under 2 years shows lack of professionalism and knowledge

AFJF

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AFJF said:

According to Chad Pennington, per JetsWire

If this is CP I totally agree. Except the infrastructure stuff. I thought we had it going into the season but we don't. If Chad wanted a job in our FO it would be a good hire because he's always been a good guy and a smart guy. 

No. A lack of professionalism is putting yourself before the team. The irony is that Todd Bowles wants several years to "build" his team but passed on the opportunity to develop Bryce Petty by refusing to bench Ryan Fitzpatrick. If Bowles wanted more than two years, he should have coached like it and benched under-performers for some of the younger players who can contribute next year and beyond. Instead, he decided getting a 3rd or 4th win was more important than getting an 8th or 9th loss. 

Bowles is a joke.

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

He named him the starter before he was on the roster LOL you delusional? Dude had 13 picks through 4 games and kept the starting job. 

He was going to be paid handsomely and you thought he was going in as competition for the position?  That at 12 mil he wast the starter?  Besides he was right.  Fitz was the incumbent starter who won 10 games the year before, he should have been named the starter before week 1.  On what planet was that not the right thing to say?  And i dont like Fitz, not even close

He played like shlt and was benched.  When he deserved to be benched.  Geno got hurt in the start, nothing Bowles could do about that.  

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Well I wouldn't be too surprised if there was something worse, but can't think of anything.  Name something that was worse.  

It was blatantly obvious Fitz sucked.  No other team wanted him and yet Macc pays him 12mil.  Then Bowles proceeds to start him week in and week out as he lost us games and the team gradually fell apart.

There was either some other dynamic occurring we don't know about, or Macc and Bowles truly are very bad at their jobs.  They willingly gave away the season.

lost which games?  to be sure fitz had some stinkers but he didn't miss the fg against cincy nor did he allow the ko to be run back after the antonio allen offsides penalty. and as bad as people think he is, you take away the ints and the jets are still -1 in turnover differential.  this is in contrast to geno who did lose at least 3 games in 2014 all by himself. it is far too easy to blame one guy.  what we are seeing is all 43 guys pulling to a common disaster.

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

But to answer you dumb condescending question, yep. So what would you do with Bowles since you are without a doubt such a knowledgeable fan?

In other words you have no clue what you're talking about on so many levels.

I would do what any knowledgable fan or GM would do.  Review his strengths and weaknesses and do the same with all the available candidates at seasons end.  If there is someone better you think about a move.  But they have to be a lot better otherwise I stay put and live with the learning cycle that I expected to live through with any first time HC

Just now, Jet Nut said:

In other words you have no clue what you're talking about on so many levels.

I would do what any knowledgable fan or GM would do.  Review his strengths and weaknesses and do the same with all the available candidates at seasons end.  If there is someone better you think about a move.  But they have to be a lot better otherwise I stay put and live with the learning cycle that I expected to live through with any first time HC

No clue what I'm talking about? Lol 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Dumb and condescending?

Yes, clueless son

Maybe just take a break from the forums for a little while it'll do you some good :) but hey you're right, Bowles is doing a great job with this team

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Maybe just take a break from the forums for a little while it'll do you some good :) but hey you're right, Bowles is doing a great job with this team

Maybe you should find the post where I even hinted that Bowles is doing a great job.  Start by rereading what I wrote in my last post.  You might learn something more than "He sucks, I dont care, fire him"

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

lost which games?  to be sure fitz had some stinkers but he didn't miss the fg against cincy nor did he allow the ko to be run back after the antonio allen offsides penalty. and as bad as people think he is, you take away the ints and the jets are still -1 in turnover differential.  this is in contrast to geno who did lose at least 3 games in 2014 all by himself. it is far too easy to blame one guy.  what we are seeing is all 43 guys pulling to a common disaster.

I could explain how Fitz has lost games and drastically hurt the season, but it's time to move on.  Almost two full seasons we've had to discuss Fitz.  That horrible chapter in our team's history has been written.

After years of hating the decision, I can happily say it's over.  We can disagree.  No worries, because what's done is done.

I'm just looking forward to cheering the team on Saturday Night.  May be soaking wet and freezing my nuts off in the freezing rain, but I'll be there thrilled the team is finally moving forward.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I could explain how Fitz has lost games and drastically hurt the season, but it's time to move on.  Almost two full seasons we've had to discuss Fitz.  That horrible chapter in our team's history has been written.

After years of hating the decision, I can happily say it's over.  We can disagree.  No worries, because what's done is done.

I'm just looking forward to cheering the team on Saturday Night.  May be soaking wet and freezing my nuts off in the freezing rain, but I'll be there thrilled the team is finally moving forward.

Cool, looking forward to this being your last post which is about Fitzpatrick, i was about a post away from ignore, hopefully you have something else to discuss.

3 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

Firing a HC in under 2 years shows lack of professionalism and knowledge

Bowles does not run a professional lockeroom and is not knowledgable  on how to run a football team.

Jets players in the 2nd half saved his job.  He should kiss each one of them.

We played a 1-11 football team and to took us OT to do it. 

10 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Cool, looking forward to this being your last post which is about Fitzpatrick, i was about a post away from ignore, hopefully you have something else to discuss.

Wait... so you're saying all I need to do is have one more post about $hitz.  When I think of something Fitz-worthy, I'll make sure to tag ya.

8 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Pennington know nothing....

Jets fans want QB's dumped and Coaches dumped at the first sign on trouble.

If you don't believe me go watch the game thread today when Petty throws a pick.

Thank you.

Ummmmm you were 100% correct and according to some out here, now Chad Pennington is part of the know nothing professionals who are secretly attempting a conspiracy to undermine the Jets....

You can't make it up... :) 

Archived