Gruden

drdetroit

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Before you say he's never coaching again -- that's not true.

Rex is taking his job on MNF.  Gruden needs to coach again next year which is why he is being linked to the Rams.

Your avatar is terribly blurry. 

SAR I

10 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Gruden has been out of football forever...no thanks

what does "out of football" mean actually ??? Did he suddenly go full retard and forget the game of football ? The guy is around football all the time he studies film and hes very in tune to whats going on with QB's and offenses . He does that QB evaluation thing every year and hes involved in the draft on some shows as well. So what exactly do you mean out of football ?

Dick Vermeil was out of football for years and was not doing anything football related and all he did was come back and coach the Rams to one of the greatest offenses in the history of the game. So much for out of football.

Bottom line, if you read between the lines on Grudens comments ...its going to take a lot of money to get me to move on from my comfortable gig on Monday night.

So just like I said with Harbaugh .... Hey Woody if you want a good HC your going to have to pay up or shut up OR which I know we all fully expect hire yet another crap shoot like the last 4 Idiots that have been paraded through here

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gruden couldnt take the raiders where they needed to go, won the super bowl w/ tony dungys team and then proceeded to run the bucs into the ground.

No.

uh...he took dumgies team because he had the raider's play book.  callahan didn't change a thing when he took over from gruden.

but as for gruden being a coach, hard to say. he may not be able to handle all of the weight he will have to carry.  he'll have to deal with the morons like costello, manish, and cimini on a daily basis.  and he's not coming in with the qb situation set.  on the other hand he had a lot of success with journeyman type qb's and the raiders seemed to always be motivated. he's also going to want a ton of money.

Archived