To Renew or NOT to Renew . . . STH how many are jumping ship?

Gas2No99

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

One down year after a 10 win season and they're ready for Jim Jones Kool Aid and white Nike Sneakers?

No wonder the state of major league sports is so bad.  Millennial hipsters want it all their way and have no patience.

SAR I

Post baby boomers are running out of patience also.

We won our last SB 8 months before Woodstock.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

One down year after a 10 win season and they're ready for Jim Jones Kool Aid and white Nike Sneakers?

No wonder the state of major league sports is so bad.  Millennial hipsters want it all their way and have no patience.

SAR I

Yeah because millennials are the only ones who are fed up with this franchise ..Hows that patience working out for you? The team sucks  . 

16 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Yeah because millennials are the only ones who are fed up with this franchise ..Hows that patience working out for you? The team sucks  . 

New England made the playoffs 1 time in 10 years prior to going on their run.

Arizona had 1 playoff appearance in 25 years before their recent success.

Seattle had 1 playoff appearance in 15 years before their recent success.

Detroit hasn't won a playoff game in the last 25 years.

Dallas has won 1 playoff game in the last 20 years.

Oakland has not made the playoffs in the last 14 years.

The New York Jets have made the playoffs 6 times with 6 playoff wins in the last 15 years.

We have actually had it pretty good, it's actually been the most fruitful decade-and-a-half in franchise history.  Am I happy?  Do I get a parade and t-shirts?  No.  But am I suicidal and ready to quit being a season ticket holder after a small amount of time in a down period because I'm a spoiled brat with no understanding of NFL history?  No.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Party Pass:  Gameday Jets tickets in a real seat, not SRO, can be had to any Jets game for $25, even when we have a good team.  This isn't a 'feature' of Cowboys Stadium, any team can add SRO.  It's actually a nuisance for fans paying full price to have their facility jammed with interlopers on the cheap.

No, there are no $25 seats on the primary market. And no, elitism is far more unwelcome than fans who would like to come to the game without spending outside of their means. At least I know they'll bring the passion.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Capacity:  You're the first person I've heard complaining that the stadium is too small.  Most feel that a building that can hold 82,500 that for both the Jets and Giants only averages 78,000 is too big.  Not to mention, the extra 20,000 seats in Cowboy Stadium are bolted onto the upper deck, they literally have an upper-upper deck, the views are awful way up there.

The stadium is too big in terms of size, because there is an enormous amount of wasted space. In this market, there's simply no reason both teams couldn't fill up this stadium and more. They don't because of the poor quality of the stadium, as well as the ridiculous pricing structures. Both severely overpriced. Further, the size and shape of the building provides for virtually no noise, no intimidation factor, and absolutely no home field advantage

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Roof:   We live in a perfect climate not to need a dome.  It's never so hot and humid that we need air conditioning (see Dallas, Houston, Arizona, Atlanta, New Orleans) and never so cold we need heat (see Minnesota, Detroit).  Only 8 domed stadiums in the NFL exist, and they are there for reasons we don't face in New York.

Many would disagree. If we could close the roof for those cold, rainy days and nights, it would improve the experience greatly. The real point however, is that this is a huge feature that Dallas was able to get and still spend about what we got for this pile of cement. We got nothing.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Restrooms:  I can only speak for the lower level and the mezzanine, but the bathrooms are clean and there are very few lines at MetLife.

Downstairs is not so bad. Upstairs is a disaster. Huge room for improvement. It's clear by the placement and quantity/size that very little thought went into this as far as fan experience. The approach seems to be "we need to stick bathrooms in this thing somewhere"

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Vending:  "Cheaper" in Dallas needs to take into account the cost of living variance to New York which is 57% more expensive to live in.  So if a beer in Dallas is $10 and in New York it's $15, the New York beer is actually cheaper.  This goes for ticket prices too.

Cute guess, but cost of living index is more like 70%. Dallas is a major metropolitan area (in a state with no income tax). Additionally, none of this speaks to the quality of the food and service at all.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

HDTV's:  The 4 we have in the corners are far less distracting than one big one in the middle of the field.  That huge TV is needed because of the upper-upper deck seats in ATT Stadium which is so high up they need oxygen tanks.

Those seats aren't higher than our highest. It's a quality feature. We have nothing of the sort. What's MetLife's signature feature? It's resemblance to an air conditioning unit?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Our stadium is very nice and suits the fanbase and our climate quite well.  Prices are in line with other large metropolitan areas.  No one can complain.

The prices are absolutely way off. If they were correct, every ticket would be sold every week and there wouldn't be a secondary market in which you can get signnificant discounts. Supply and demand. That's how it works. Many teams in the league are now using dynamic pricing models (like the Mets are to some extent). People like Woody, who didn't earn a penny in their lives, but were gifted it at birth, have no understanding of maximizing profits. He's making some extra dough to add to his pile and meeting B list celebrities. He's loving life. There's no real desire or instinct to get better.

23 hours ago, Lizard King said:

You can take a $100 writeoff per ticket in the upper deck and buy a seat back for $8, its the best tax arbitrage of all time

Yeah, I hit the "donate" button for Sunday as soon as Fitz was named the starter (donated MNF against the Colts too), but I'd rather keep the cash in my pocket, minimal tax benefit aside.

14 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Since the new stadium opened the Jets have plenty of tickets they sell to ticket liquidators (i.e. Prime Sports, Dynasty Sports & Entertainment, S4K Marketing, etc.)  This stadium was never sold out of PSLs or upper level seats but instead sold them to ticket liquidators since day 1.  A few years back I dated a girl who was working in the sales department who told me about their deal and how a few months before the season the place was barely half sold.  Don't believe me?  There are at least two people in this thread who know me off this board and know I wouldn't be making this stuff up. 

The marketing of this stadium back in 2008 when they made phone calls telling people they'd never sit in the upper deck and to save their PSL money ended the Jets season ticket holder joy.  There are parts of the stadium where people know everyone around them but there are other areas where it is all groups of different people each week. 

As long as my friends and family still go I will be there ready to go.  When they stop wanting to go I will probably re-evaluate things.

Do you know the particulars on the deal the Jets have with liquidators? I'm curious what kind of discount the liquidators get. Is it like 50 cents on the dollar?  More? Less? Or do the Jets essentially give them away and get a percentage of the ultimate sales price of each ticket sold? 

33 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Our stadium sucks, lets call it as it is...  

I'm all for hating on the team right about now for just about everything.  Excluding the stadium though.  That's the only thing I think we have going well for us at the moment other than Leonard Williams.

For every functional aspect of what I want a stadium to do, MetLife does it great.  Nothing else (pretty pictures, sophisticated architecture, insanely large video boards that actually ruin the experience) means squat to me.

Good views?  Check.

Good customer service and security?  Check.

Plenty of different price options?  Check.

- In the higher priced options, great luxury amenities?  Check × 100.

Beer and food?  Check.

No more "Midgets Stadium"?  Check.

Transportation options?  Check.  They added a darn train stop and still have a massive parking lot.

Tailgates?  Check.

More and larger bathrooms?  Check.

WiFi?  Check.

Nothing else matters to me.  In fact I woulda been ticked if more was added and then ticket prices had to be even higher.  It's a football stadium.  Not sure what others want from it.

52 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'm all for hating on the team right about now for just about everything.  Excluding the stadium though.  That's the only thing I think we have going well for us at the moment other than Leonard Williams.

For every functional aspect of what I want a stadium to do, MetLife does it great.  Nothing else (pretty pictures, sophisticated architecture, insanely large video boards that actually ruin the experience) means squat to me.

Good views?  Check.

Good customer service and security?  Check.

Plenty of different price options?  Check.

- In the higher priced options, great luxury amenities?  Check × 100.

Beer and food?  Check.

No more "Midgets Stadium"?  Check.

Transportation options?  Check.  They added a darn train stop and still have a massive parking lot.

Tailgates?  Check.

More and larger bathrooms?  Check.

WiFi?  Check.

Nothing else matters to me.  In fact I woulda been ticked if more was added and then ticket prices had to be even higher.  It's a football stadium.  Not sure what others want from it.

Good points, except access in and out, which is a clusterFXXX  They close the crossovers between the esculators trying to get in and getting out gate off certain sections so IMO major design flaw there.  Plus it looks boring and feel vanilla inside. 

5 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Who the **** cares about WIFI watching a Jet game ?

Those listening to the Radio Broadcast of the game that is STREAMING LIVE via WiFI & the Jets Internet App so you can hear the loquacious Bobo Wichusen and Marty "Ma' Man!" Lyons provide play by play action and to know who's injured and their status updates. 

4 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Who the **** cares about WIFI watching a Jet game ?

On an entertainment level: anyone who plays Fantasy ball, or wants to check in on other games.

On a professional level:  anyone running their own business or who has a job that requires being on call 24/7.

On a sanity level:  anyone needing a break from seeing this $hit @ss team play lately.

On 12/29/2016 at 3:51 PM, FlagmanL11 said:

Good points, except access in and out, which is a clusterFXXX  They close the crossovers between the esculators trying to get in and getting out gate off certain sections so IMO major design flaw there.  Plus it looks boring and feel vanilla inside. 

The escalator design is an engineering marvel for idiots, 

Archived