When Monday comes and Bowles is still the coach we expect ...

Maxman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

From what I have seen Smith is still the best Jets QB. Didn't you propose signing Futz last year? A lot of posters here don't like valid arguments. Furthermore, they have little logic or reason when they argue. 

Yes I supported resigning the QB who helped lead us to a 10-6 season as a backup (after Geno proved what a dumbass he was and was lost for the year) and who had a franchise record-breaking performance with what was thought to be a win-now roster.

So did nearly every single professional NFL watching and commenter in the medisphere.

It was absolutely logical to take a swing on Fitz for another year.  There was literally no logic in dumping Fitz and instead going with a proven failure in Geno Smith.

The risk didn't work out.  When Geno got his chance, he didn't work out either (and was gone in what felt like fifteen seconds).  

The re-signing of Futz was the worst decision. The man held out of OTA's/TC and barely signed for the PS. He was handed the starting job even after he choked in Buff week 17. It is difficult to argue with posters who cannot grasp facts.

Facts like Geno Smith's resume to-date?   Please note, no one is saying we should resign Fitz for 2017.

But you are saying we should resign Geno, a total proven bust and failure with no record of success of any kind, for 2017.

And your only argument boils down to "FITZ!!!!!!".:rolleyes:

Geno Smith will not be a Jet in 2017.  

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I still believe Bowles is gone after this season. 

Woody didn't show his hand with the Mancini firing and one more crushing defeat may very well seal the deal.

if we're terrible next year, Mac and Bowles will be out. If Mac fires Bowles, he can buy himself 2 more years

I too have a slight inclination that if the Jets do what they have done the last 12 weeks and do not show up to play Sunday, and we get embarrassed again at home by a back up QB and no HC opponent, Mr. Magoo will pull the trigger and make the move that imo, has to be made. I hope you are right I really do, I do not think I can stomach another year of Mr. Moribund as our HC.

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes I supported resigning the QB who helped lead us to a 10-6 season as a backup (after Geno proved what a dumbass he was and was lost for the year) and who had a franchise record-breaking performance with what was thought to be a win-now roster.

So did nearly every single professional NFL watching and commenter in the medisphere.

It was absolutely logical to take a swing on Fitz for another year.  There was literally no logic in dumping Fitz and instead going with a proven failure in Geno Smith.

The risk didn't work out.  When Geno got his chance, he didn't work out either (and was gone in what felt like fifteen seconds).  

Facts like Geno Smith's resume to-date?   Please note, no one is saying we should resign Fitz for 2017.

But you are saying we should resign Geno, a total proven bust and failure with no record of success of any kind, for 2017.

And your only argument boils down to "FITZ!!!!!!".:rolleyes:

Geno Smith will not be a Jet in 2017.  

It was logical to sign Futz up until he missed OTA's after that it was stupid as many others said here. The many who do understand the kind of QB he is and the deep threat team that Macc built at the WR position said otherwise. There was no listening to logic from those like you. The highly emotional and irrational of the site. Pompous and boastful rules though. Clearly I am not easily lead by others including the experts. Lol

Geno was injured in the first half of the game he started. Your irrationality shows there bro. He did not fail. Injury is not a failure. His resume to date is still not clear. He did not have the type of WR attack that Petty and Futz have enjoyed. Those players are not even in the NFL any more except for Decker who btw is injured. So that makes Geno a failure? Based on what?

The argument is Futz!!! He missed all of the time until just before PS started. He choked against Buff in his last start of the 15 season. That signing ruined things for the younger QB's as it took reps and costs them prep time. Overall it pushed the cap to the hilt and the Jets are on the hook for more $$$$ next season. 

Petty may have been better if Futz was not signed. Instead he looked much worse than the 4th rounder who starts for Dallas in his rookie season. The 4th rounder who took the place of another aging QB. An aging QB whom some are clamor ing for here. SMDH.

Tell me exactly why Smith won't be here in 2017? Just don't put sh1t on the board and expect that to stick. Back your empty words up with thoughts. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

while geno may be the best qb on the roster today it is only in reference to the existing coaching staff and players.  i would assume that there are going to be quite a few launchings from the roster and the coaching staff even if bowles stays.  the other thing is that geno got injured during his first start.  it took petty 5 starts to be knocked out for the season so imo geno wasn't going to last the season anyway.  i don't see where geno can or should be an option for the jets going forward.  if he re-signs with the team, what does that say about his character?  not much and that's precisely what got him replaced in the first place.

I can only speak as of right now. No doubt Smith is the best on the roster. 

Understanding that what is the logic of keeping players who are worse outside of Hack? Only the Jets do mind boggling things like that. Keeping the worst players while keeping and adding players who are not as valuable or as good. The Jets invested a 2nd round pick on Smith. That is a high value to just let walk out of the door. His play has shown that he does have the tools. He has never had the weapons.

He can be signed for a reasonable price. The Jets should not be signing cast offs from other teams at Tiffany prices. Where is that a logical decision? Look at Brock lol. If Smith was over 30 then yes, let him walk. The only other value at QB I see out there if they let Smith walk is CK.

oh yeah, he kneels during the flag ceremony. The Jets need football players. Not Marines. Although it may take a Marine like effort to save this team quickly lol. I see posters here trading SR another home grown talent. Well he will play much harder next season as it is contract time for him. Why should he play hard somewhere else? Cause he makes videos?

He is a football player. They generally are not choir boys. The Jets need a team of football players, a crafty coach and an intelligent GM. We do have a few football players. 

53 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Unlike many here I actually use both of my eyes. Thank you

At least one of them may have a problem then. Geno Smith has 28 TD's to 36 Int's after 4 years in the NFL. There is more to playing QB than arm strength, or Jay Cutler would be the best of all time.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

At least one of them may have a problem then. Geno Smith has 28 TD's to 36 Int's after 4 years in the NFL. There is more to playing QB than arm strength, or Jay Cutler would be the best of all time.

Who was he throwing to smart guy? Why are those men no longer in the NFL? Get real

14 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Well, when someone makes blanket statements that go against all measurable facts, this is what type of posts they can expect back. Go figure.

I back my statements up. You still have not named those WR's. Please stop being silly

Just now, NoBowles said:

I love these hypothetical redirects.

You, Geno is the best!

Me, based on what?

You, if he had good WR's he would be.

Me, lol.

I've shown how good he is on the Jets in many other posts. I am not going to point that out every time. Go look them up

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

I've shown how good he is on the Jets in many other posts. I am not going to point that out every time. Go look them up

With all due respect, I am not overly interested in going back and searching for arguments about how good Geno is. If he wasnt a colossal suckass bust, "Futz" would not have had a chance to suck so bad here. All logic and measurable piece of info we have goes against your arguments about how good Geno is.

Just now, NoBowles said:

With all due respect, I am not overly interested in going back and searching for arguments about how good Geno is. If he wasnt a colossal suckass bust, "Futz" would not have had a chance to suck so bad here. All logic and measurable piece of info we have goes against your arguments about how good Geno is.

You are wrong again. In what game did Geno throw 6 picks? Just stop being silly bro. Your comments are global 

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

You are wrong again. In what game did Geno throw 6 picks? Just stop being silly bro. Your comments are global 

What exactly does it mean to have my comments be global? Im thinking its an insult, but not quite sure. 

I can play this game too, in what season did Geno go 10-6? 

Fitzpatrick sucks, Geno sucks worse, it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

What exactly does it mean to have my comments be global? Im thinking its an insult, but not quite sure. 

What season was it that Geno had the easiest schedule in the NFL and 2 top WR's in the NFL I cant seem to remember. 

What season was it that Geno lost a pivotal game throwing 3 INTs keeping us out of the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What season was it that Geno had the easiest schedule in the NFL and 2 top WR's in the NFL I cant seem to remember. 

What season was it that Geno lost a pivotal game throwing 3 INTs keeping us out of the playoffs. 

Look brohski, I am not a Fitzpatrick fan, I can't wait until neither Geno nor Fitzpatrick is our QB anymore, because they both suck balls. So please stop trying to make me defend Fitzpatrick. The fact is that Geno is worse, that is how bad he sucks. He never did those things because he will never get to the point where he is playing in a pivotal game to keep us out of the playoffs, he sucks too bad to get to that point. They both suck, lets move on.

I'd love to sit here and argue about whose poop smells worse too, but I am just not sure it matters that much in the grand scheme of things. Its time to move on past both Geno and Fitz, they both suck something awful. We deserve better than either of them.

4 hours ago, Mecca said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I still believe Bowles is gone after this season. 

Woody didn't show his hand with the Mancini firing and one more crushing defeat may very well seal the deal.

if we're terrible next year, Mac and Bowles will be out. If Mac fires Bowles, he can buy himself 2 more years

When was Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini a New York Jets employee? Can he come by and knock a few out? (Joking; we all make typos!). 

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Let's see; Geno throwing to no named WR's no longer playing pro football 8-8 as a rookie. Futz 10-6 throwing to BM and Decker after 10 or so years in the NFL. And you think Geno is worse. That is a lol right there. 

Your rudiculous posts are seen by people all over the world. You should not only be cognizant of that. You should also recognize that they are whimsical bordering on comedic. They lack insight and depth. Just proved it right here.

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

Let's see; Geno throwing to no named WR's no longer playing pro football 8-8 as a rookie. Futz 10-6 throwing to BM and Decker after 10 or so years in the NFL. And you think Geno is worse. That is a lol right there. 

Your rudiculous posts are seen by people all over the world. You should not only be cognizant of that. You should also recognize that they are whimsical bordering on comedic. They lack insight and depth. Just proved it right here.

Geno in 2013 threw 12 TD's to his 21 Int's en route to his magical 8-8 season. He had a whopping 66.5 QBR.

On the other hand, "Futz" threw 31 TD's to his 15 Int's en route to his 10-6 season, with an 88 QBR.

Come on dawg, you need to do better than this weak shiz. You can't go calling out other peoples posts for being comic while throwing these softballs out, come on dawg, I expect better.

I really hate having to defend Fitzpatrick, he sucks, I want him gone ASAP, but you Geno lunatics just keep forcing the issue.

11 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Geno's sack rate is also about double of what Fitz's is. 

6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Chan Gailey 

Kacy Rodgers and whoever the special teams coach is. All three and maybe a few more. I very much dislike Todd Bowles, but if he is back, I guess I will have to live with it. I just do not understand why Woody Johnson needs to give this guy another year. Yeah, I know he won 10 games his rookie year, but it is easy to coach when nearly everyone is having career years. Fitzpatrick, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Chris Ivory and on defense Revis and Wilkerson all had career or near career years. It is when players are struggling and coaches need to devise different 'schemes' to cover up for them that you see a coaches true strengths. In this case it has all fallen apart and Bowles simply looks confused and lies to the owner and media about team effort etc...

9 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Kacy Rodgers and whoever the special teams coach is. All three and maybe a few more. I very much dislike Todd Bowles, but if he is back, I guess I will have to live with it. I just do not understand why Woody Johnson needs to give this guy another year. Yeah, I know he won 10 games his rookie year, but it is easy to coach when nearly everyone is having career years. Fitzpatrick, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Chris Ivory and on defense Revis and Wilkerson all had career or near career years. It is when players are struggling and coaches need to devise different 'schemes' to cover up for them that you see a coaches true strengths. In this case it has all fallen apart and Bowles simply looks confused and lies to the owner and media about team effort etc...

If you are going to crap on the coach for a bad season. Which he has had, there's no question about it, you have to give them credit for a good season.

I just can't remember a coach winning 10+ games his first year and then fired after the next. I don't want to set a precedent.

I think for  whatever credibility this organization has with potential head coaches, this is a move to save it. Even if he's fired next year

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If you are going to crap on the coach for a bad season. Which he has had, there's no question about it, you have to give them credit for a good season.

I just can't remember a coach winning 10+ games his first year and then fired after the next. I don't want to set a precedent.

I think for  whatever credibility this organization has with potential head coaches, this is a move to save it. Even if he's fired next year

Isn't there a Time War for you to fight? - Your Tardis is calling.

Archived