5 (part time) former Jets named HoF finalists

Sarge4Tide

Hall of Fame?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 5 NFL HoF Finalists deserve to be in the Hall of Fame? (Check all that apply)

• RB LaDainian Tomlinson
    • Kevin Mawae C
    • Alan Faneca OL
    • Jason Taylor DL/LB
    • Ty Law DB
    • None deserve to be in the Hall of Fame

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He deserves to be in.

But not over LT. 

I disagree. I saw Klecko play, and he revolutionized the DL. To this day nobody has done what he did by being voted all Pro at all 3 DL positions. Unreal accomplishment.

4 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I disagree. I saw Klecko play, and he revolutionized the DL.

I saw him play too.  He was a great DLman.  I don't see what he revolutionized other than he was a bull who succeeded at all DL spots.  For a couple of years he really dominated.  Injuries hurt him though

LT is one of the best ever, a top RB for a number of years.  

I would kill for either to play on my team today

12 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Which of these 5 NFL HoF finalists who spent some time with the Jets deserve to be in the Hall of Fame? (Check all that apply)

Maybe not Faneca, I can't really judge a guard who I didn't watch that often.

The other 4 do.

3 hours ago, ljr said:

Pretty sure Faneca had a standing Probowl birth at OG most of his years in Pitt

True.  8 time All Pro, 9 time Pro Bowl (I had to look it up)

Plus he got a ring with the Steelers, and was part of the line the Bus got to drive behind.

17 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Joe Klecko should be in the HOF before any of them.

My all time favorite Jet. Klecko was a man among boys until injuries caught up with him. If Mark Gastineau showed maturity him and Klecko and Lyons would have been all time greats.

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Jason Taylor might be my least favorite football player of all time, but he deserves to go in.

You are a bigger man than I !

until/unless Klecko makes it in ... I have no problem having Taylor have to pay for his own ticket still as well !!

Mawae, LT and Faneca belong. 

Jason Taylor was a great stat sheet stuffer but always disappeared in big moments/big games.  He was the leader of one of the worst postseason D's of all time in and 7-8 playoff games did not register a single sack.  He is wildly overrated b/c of some meaningless sacks.

Ty Law was a good player but also very underrated, just look at his one season for us.  everyone thinks he was great b/c he had 10 picks but he was awful that season, the ball just bounced his way a bunch of times b/c he got picked on so often.  good player, I just don't think he's a HOFer

20 hours ago, rangerous said:

taylor deserves to be in even if he was a real pos when he was a doltfin.  he was one of those freaky athletes who was very fast and agile.

and never showed up in a big spot.  he was nothing more than a meaningless stat sheet stuffer. 

Archived