Damon Harrison leader on the Giants Defense

joewilly12

1 minute ago, Larz said:

that's a better argument, the day they drafted Leo seemed like the day Mo's Jets career ended to about everybody but Mac

I wasn't upset that they let Harrison go to the giants. I was upset that they let Harrison go to the giants just to sign mo to 18m. with Richardson and Williams already on the cheap.

lost- draft compensation for mo

lost- all pro nose tackle

lost- Richardson playing WAY out of position. yea I know every time Richardson opens his mouth, his value goes down. couple that with playing out of  position, and his value becomes nada

lost-18m a year

loss- leadership. Harrison is 10x the leader that mo is

gain- mo's 40 odd tackles and 4 sacks

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

I wasn't upset that they let Harrison go to the giants. I was upset that they let Harrison go to the giants just to sign mo to 18m. with Richardson and Williams already on the cheap.

lost- draft compensation for mo

lost- all pro nose tackle

lost- Richardson playing WAY out of position. yea I know every time Richardson opens his mouth, his value goes down. couple that with playing out of  position, and his value becomes nada

lost-18m a year

loss- leadership. Harrison is 10x the leader that mo is

gain- mo's 40 odd tackles and 4 sacks

This guy gets it, Mo is not worth the 86 mill he does not rush the QB. I could have had an All World NT do what Mo has, for half the money and twice the productivity. Plus a 3rd round comp pick for the mugs that signed him.

9 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

This guy gets it, Mo is not worth the 86 mill he does not rush the QB. I could have had an All World NT do what Mo has, for half the money and twice the productivity. Plus a 3rd round comp pick for the mugs that signed him.

most likely a 2nd. mac could have traded mo but got stuck on a 1st rounder only

14 minutes ago, ylekram said:

most likely a 2nd. mac could have traded mo but got stuck on a 1st rounder only

Nobody knows that do you have a link where Mac said it?? The Pats traded Chandler Jones that had the same number of sacks that Mo had and he played 1 year less then Mo..The Pats got a 2nd for him and a bust player that's no longer on the team.. I like Mo and hope he does better in 2017 but in my opinion he's way over paid..

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Again I don't think people are giving Wilkerson the respect as a player that he should get. Dude had 11 sacks last year and has for the most part been productive. And if it's true that he had missed meetings in the past, then it certainly didn't hurt his production then.

I wouldn't give mo 18m worth of respect considering his replacement was already on the roster

50 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Nobody knows that do you have a link where Mac said it?? The Pats traded Chandler Jones that had the same number of sacks that Mo had and he played 1 year less then Mo..The Pats got a 2nd for him and a bust player that's no longer on the team.. I like Mo and hope he does better in 2017 but in my opinion he's way over paid..

obviously, that's just speculation on my part. in hindsight, it was the wrong move. some of us had the foresight to see it. I will mac did

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I always thought Sheldon because of his off the field issues would be the odd one out.

they both should have been the odd one out. mo should have been out when they drafted Williams or even the year after. followed by Sheldon come contract time.  that would have given the jets 4 years to find another defensive end, all the while collecting compensation for both players, saving a boatload of money, and not having to play players out of position. regardless if they wanted to keep snacks or not. it was a simple numbers game and mac failed in that respect

Just now, ylekram said:

they both should have been the odd one out. mo should have been out when they drafted Williams or even the year after. followed by Sheldon come contract time.  that would have given the jets 4 years to find another defensive end, all the while collecting compensation for both players, saving a boatload of money, and not having to play players out of position. regardless if they wanted to keep snacks or not.

Hmmm That's NE Patriot way..:)

36 minutes ago, bitonti said:

While the Jets' defense would be better with Snacks, stopping the run wasn't a problem for this Jets team. 

believe it or not if the Jets QB was Eli, the defense would look better

Agreed it's very much interconnected, but the point is still valid. We over paid a 3-4 End after a career year. We should have let him go, now we are stuck.

The only 3-4 End in the NFL worth that money is called JJ Watt.

33 minutes ago, funaz said:

Meh. Never liked snacks. Big run stuffing NTs not needed. He's good for the giants though

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

without a solid nose tackle, you have no 3-4. with 3 defensive tackles, you get the hybrid mess we had last year. the jets needed a top notch nose tackle more than they needed 3 defensive tackles

Just now, ylekram said:

without a solid nose tackle, you have no 3-4. with 3 defensive tackles, you get the hybrid mess we had last year. the jets needed a top notch nose tackle more than they needed 3 defensive tackles

Apparently the Giants dont need a NG because they are playing a lot of 4-3 in this game

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

There really isn't any. It's just an observation that the Giants paid Snacks a lot and seem to be not playing him as much in this big game. 

sorry. thought you were going somewhere with this. observation noted

he may have had something to do with the packers game plan early, the cheaters passed it 80% of the time on us once, but once the pack started running it outside and went to a faster tempo, he was out of the game or totally gassed

1 hour ago, Larz said:

he may have had something to do with the packers game plan early, the cheaters passed it 80% of the time on us once, but once the pack started running it outside and went to a faster tempo, he was out of the game or totally gassed

Although I loved Snacks on the Jets (who wouldn't) but he is not a 9.5 million/year player. He is awesome at stopping the run up the middle but a two down player should not be given that much cash. I think Simon will be just fine for us

I said this yesterday, but this game showed why you can't pay Snacks that money. FIrst off it seemed to me that the Giants played a lot of 4-3 yesterday, which is a misuse for him. Second, as was noted, the Packers started to run to the outside more and while Snacks made a couple of tackles on those runs, it may have tired him out. And third, when going against a passing offense, he doesn't pass rush a lot. 

His effort is not the problem, it is the position that he is used that makes him expendable.

Archived