Pat's receivers point to Chrebet as an inspiration

section314

Nice article today by Art Stapelton from USA Today network.  Danny Amendola said Wayne was his idol growing up, and had his poster on his wall. Last April, Chrebet, Amendola and Edelman met in NYC for dinner, and talked for hours about football. Chrebet said they " wouldn't even call me Wayne, they called me the Godfather of slot receivers."  Chrebet really likes and respects the way they play. He added that "they're the only reason I'd be anything close to happy as a Jet if the Patriots win on Sunday." Pretty cool read.

If I remember correctly, Belichick always said he had difficulties trying to figure a way to contain Chrebet.  That's probably why he went out and got players like him. Guys with a similar skill set that he knew would be difficult for other coaches to defend.

7 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

If I remember correctly, Belichick always said he had difficulties trying to figure a way to contain Chrebet.  That's probably why he went out and got players like him. Guys with a similar skill set that he knew would be difficult for other coaches to defend.

That's why he traded for Wes Welker when he was with the Fins..;)

this is more confirmation that we are responsible for the Pats dynasty.

-Parcells not being up front w/ BB which forced BB to look to move on

-Parcells allowing BB to leave for pick

-BB taking many ex Jet employees w/ him on his staff that found Tom Brady

-injuring Bledsoe which sped up Brady starting

-blowing a home game to a terrible Buffalo team late in 2001 which gave NE the div title

-inspiration from Chrebet

58 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

Yeah. That's the reason for the overwhelming statistical anomaly that is white receivers in New England. 

1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

Chrebet vs. BB D's

1996 Pats(BB was on staff but not DC):

3 recs, 33 yds

4 recs, 52 yds

2000 Pats:

4 recs, 71 yds, 2 TDs(including game winner)

2 recs, 22 yds

2001 Pats:

5 recs, 53 yds

5 recs, 48 yds

2002 Pats:

1 rec, 33 yds

4 recs, 61 yds, 1 TD

2003 Pats:

4 recs, 55 yds, 1 TD

2004 Pats:

1 rec, 18 yds

4 recs, 51 yds

11 games: 37 recs, 497 yds, 4 TDs

never had more than 5 recs, never had more than 71 yds

doesn't look like BB ever had an issue containing him.

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Chrebet vs. BB D's

3 recs, 33 yds

4 recs, 52 yds

2000 Pats:

2 recs, 22 yds

2001 Pats:

5 recs, 53 yds

5 recs, 48 yds

2002 Pats:

1 rec, 33 yds

4 recs, 61 yds, 1 TD

2003 Pats:

4 recs, 55 yds, 1 TD

2004 Pats:

1 rec, 18 yds

4 recs, 51 yds

I said he had difficulties trying to FIGURE OUT A WAY to contain him. I never said he couldn't do it. ?

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

mj_19841.jpg

Actually, all our woes and the Patriots success can be blamed on one man:  Michael Jackson

The financial failure of his 1984 Jackson 5 Victory Tour forced Patriots owner Billy Sullivan to put up Foxboro Stadium as collateral and ultimately led to his financial ruin and Robert Kraft buying the stadium and the team.  Kraft is so grateful for Michael Jackson's failure that a Victory Tour poster hangs proudly in his office at Gillette Stadium to this very day.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

mj_19841.jpg

Actually, all our woes and the Patriots success can be blamed on one man:  Michael Jackson

The financial failure of his 1984 Jackson 5 Victory Tour forced Patriots owner Billy Sullivan to put up Foxboro Stadium as collateral and ultimately led to his financial ruin and Robert Kraft buying the stadium and the team.

SAR I

what about this guy?

hqdefault.jpg

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

what about this guy?

You think the Jets are dysfunctional, the Patriots had 4 owners in a 10 year period.  Kiam to Sullivan to Orthwein to Kraft.

Prior to Brady and Belichick, the Patriots were the Jets in blue uniforms.  Unbelievable.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You think the Jets are dysfunctional, the Patriots had 4 owners in a 10 year period.  Kiam to Sullivan to Orthwein to Kraft.

Prior to Brady and Belichick, the Patriots were the Jets in blue uniforms.  Unbelievable.

SAR I

they were close to becoming the St. Louis Patriots or the Hartford Patriots.

6 hours ago, section314 said:

Nice article today by Art Stapelton from USA Today network.  Danny Amendola said Wayne was his idol growing up, and had his poster on his wall. Last April, Chrebet, Amendola and Edelman met in NYC for dinner, and talked for hours about football. Chrebet said they " wouldn't even call me Wayne, they called me the Godfather of slot receivers."  Chrebet really likes and respects the way they play. He added that "they're the only reason I'd be anything close to happy as a Jet if the Patriots win on Sunday." Pretty cool read.

Thank you for this post!!

I have said it for years, what would Wayne Chrebet have been had he had a Brady or Manning throwing him the dam ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Chrebet vs. BB D's

3 recs, 33 yds

4 recs, 52 yds

2000 Pats:

2 recs, 22 yds

2001 Pats:

5 recs, 53 yds

5 recs, 48 yds

2002 Pats:

1 rec, 33 yds

4 recs, 61 yds, 1 TD

2003 Pats:

4 recs, 55 yds, 1 TD

2004 Pats:

1 rec, 18 yds

4 recs, 51 yds

uh, what are chrebet's career stats?  for his career he averaged just under 4 receptions per game and 50 yards per game.  chrebet was a money third down receiver for vinnie and then chad.  he never had a lot of speed but always managed to be open.

7 hours ago, Savage69 said:

That's why he traded for Wes Welker when he was with the Fins..;)

Yeah. And I was watching a Jet-Pat game with a bet.Pat fan once who would not admit Welker was  a lot like Chrebet. And yeah, Edelman fits the mold too. Glad there are others who see it.

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

-Parcells not being up front w/ BB which forced BB to look to move on

-Parcells allowing BB to leave for pick

-BB taking many ex Jet employees w/ him on his staff that found Tom Brady

-injuring Bledsoe which sped up Brady starting

-blowing a home game to a terrible Buffalo team late in 2001 which gave NE the div title

-inspiration from Chrebet

Never wanted to gauge my eyes  out with broken glass more than I do right now.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

mj_19841.jpg

The financial failure of his 1984 Jackson 5 Victory Tour forced Patriots owner Billy Sullivan to put up Foxboro Stadium as collateral and ultimately led to his financial ruin and Robert Kraft buying the stadium and the team.  Kraft is so grateful for Michael Jackson's failure that a Victory Tour poster hangs proudly in his office at Gillette Stadium to this very day.

SAR I

OK fine. I will keep my eyes.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The BIG difference is, Kraft wouldn't tolerate the nonsense, Woody is energized by it.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Actually, the Pats were even worse than the Jets. The Pats were one the few franchises the Jets had a winning record against.

Archived