Darron Lee Assaulted in Ohio

AFJF

I was openminded and not negative about him before, but I think this guy has some issues.  

My guess is that these issues were also evident to someone doing the scouting work last year.

Tough to put your finger on it....Mama's boy...prima donna....David Harris-he is a football player, albeit old and slow now.

I hope they get a handle of what he is up to here.  Part of me would prefer Deion Jones, who looks like a football player, but don't know whether he plays a 4-3.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Beerfish said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This guy is such a tool.  First of all he makes some bizarre, the white man  doesn't understand comments.  The he comes across as a wanna be with his 'brutha' comment.  His with standing the blows comment is bizarre and the worst part of his comment by far is this.  ' I want to thank Columbus Police Department for sparing a young man's life tonight '

As if we need and idiotic comment like that with zero context.  Yeah all police officers are gunning for young men. 

This guy will be kneeling next year.

Will be interesting to hear what the full story is on this.

Wow. You are so completely tone deaf. 

1. His comment RE: 'the white man' was pretty clear if you know anything about the history of oppression and assimilation of African American culture and its problematic duality, especially in the current socioeconomic and political atmosphere we live in. I'll translate for you- If you are white, just b/c you take on certain very specific African American cultural reference and assimilate it i.e. the 'nay-nay', which is what Lee happened to specify, doesn't mean you understand or can relate to what it is to be an African American man, woman or even child in today's society.

2. A wanna be b/c of his 'brutha' comment? Are you saying like a fake gangster? WTF are you even talking about? You need to back off that s**t b/c you are clearly headed for troubled waters with that statement unless you clarify, even then, just don't even go there, you will lose.

3. I think when he said he was withstanding blows its pretty obvious he was trying to say he did not fight back. Typically the right thing to do when you are outnumbered and a non-violent person. No reason to get in a fist fight and risk further injury or even your life, especially if the assailants are after money. And I most are not so naive as to understand that had he fought back, the headline would not have been Lee gets assaulted, it would be Lee gets in fight.  

4. You have NO idea how the incident transpired. So don't assume. It's very much possible there was a mini stand-off and the officer had every opportunity and right to shoot and kill the assailant/s, but chose not to. It's possible reason and level-headedness prevailed over rash judgement and ended up saving a man's life- a criminal, but still a human being. Point is, you don't know, so don't assume. And his comment is valid without having to give full context. If you want to pretend like there has not been a slew of men getting killed unjustly by police b/c of the color of their skin (BROWN skin), and only recently has been put a spotlight on b/c of the rise of social media, body cams, cell phone cameras, etc. then go ahead and keep your head in the sand. You are on the wrong side of history- good luck with that.

5. He can kneel if he feels its the right thing to do. This is America and he has every right to do so, despite what you or anyone else may think. Everyone who stands up against the status quo b/c of something they believe in knows they will face blowback, criticism and in this case fines/suspension, etc. So let him kneel and whatever the NFL wants to do as punishment (they will probably do nothing b/c they, as a corporation, have PR people that recognize its a bad move) they will do.       

6. Yes, indeed, before you throw out your moronic tone-deaf comments, lets hear the full story.        

16 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

Well, his Mom is his Dad. 

Wow, we have reached a new low. Pathetic. So now we're going after the fact that he grew up with a single mother raising him?

Say you are sorry, put your dunce hat, go sit in the corner and think about what you have done.  

14 hours ago, varjet said:

I was openminded and not negative about him before, but I think this guy has some issues.  

My guess is that these issues were also evident to someone doing the scouting work last year.

Tough to put your finger on it....Mama's boy...prima donna....David Harris-he is a football player, albeit old and slow now.

I hope they get a handle of what he is up to here.  Part of me would prefer Deion Jones, who looks like a football player, but don't know whether he plays a 4-3.

"My guess is that these issues were also evident to someone doing the scouting work last year."

Let me just address this comment first. If YOU did ANY research on Lee, the FIRST thing that would come up is his exceptional leadership on and off the field and his competitiveness as a player. Having come from humble beginnings, being raised by a single mother (a Navy vet no less), coming out of high school as a QB (a position that teaches you leadership and character) and working his way into a starting role as a LB on one of the most talented defensive teams in college football history, Lee has all the character traits you look for in a draft prospect. Scouts checked that box twice over. 

Momma's boy? Prima donna? Try again. Try harder. 

He're a fairly short article on him, but its worth a read as it will clear up some of your notons on who the guy is and hopefully you wont judge the character of a man b/c of some f'ing tweets.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/division-talent-qb-new-jets-lb-darron-lee-shines-article-1.2620357

Jets fans. I'm really losing hope in a lot of you. 

21 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Wow. You are so completely tone deaf. 

1. His comment RE: 'the white man' was pretty clear if you know anything about the history of oppression and assimilation of African American culture and its problematic duality, especially in the current socioeconomic and political atmosphere we live in. I'll translate for you- If you are white, just b/c you take on certain very specific African American cultural reference and assimilate it i.e. the 'nay-nay', which is what Lee happened to specify, doesn't mean you understand or can relate to what it is to be an African American man, woman or even child in today's society.

2. A wanna be b/c of his 'brutha' comment? Are you saying like a fake gangster? WTF are you even talking about? You need to back off that s**t b/c you are clearly headed for troubled waters with that statement unless you clarify, even then, just don't even go there, you will lose.

3. I think when he said he was withstanding blows its pretty obvious he was trying to say he did not fight back. Typically the right thing to do when you are outnumbered and a non-violent person. No reason to get in a fist fight and risk further injury or even your life, especially if the assailants are after money. And I most are not so naive as to understand that had he fought back, the headline would not have been Lee gets assaulted, it would be Lee gets in fight.  

4. You have NO idea how the incident transpired. So don't assume. It's very much possible there was a mini stand-off and the officer had every opportunity and right to shoot and kill the assailant/s, but chose not to. It's possible reason and level-headedness prevailed over rash judgement and ended up saving a man's life- a criminal, but still a human being. Point is, you don't know, so don't assume. And his comment is valid without having to give full context. If you want to pretend like there has not been a slew of men getting killed unjustly by police b/c of the color of their skin (BROWN skin), and only recently has been put a spotlight on b/c of the rise of social media, body cams, cell phone cameras, etc. then go ahead and keep your head in the sand. You are on the wrong side of history- good luck with that.

5. He can kneel if he feels its the right thing to do. This is America and he has every right to do so, despite what you or anyone else may think. Everyone who stands up against the status quo b/c of something they believe in knows they will face blowback, criticism and in this case fines/suspension, etc. So let him kneel and whatever the NFL wants to do as punishment (they will probably do nothing b/c they, as a corporation, have PR people that recognize its a bad move) they will do.       

6. Yes, indeed, before you throw out your moronic tone-deaf comments, lets hear the full story.        

1.  It is 100% faulty to paint a whole race with one paint brush.  Complain that one race has no clue about another race and then immediately do what you accuse others of doing,

2. I'm not backing off anything, you talk like that and you look like a tool.

3. Yeah it was pretty obvious, he said one thing and meant something totally different.  Once again he sounded like a tool making that statement,.

4. No one knows how the thing transpired as so far there has not been any police report on the incident.  There is a narrative that can't be proven that any more black men have been killed by the cops than white men.  The ones in the press are what you are talking about.  It's 100% irresponsible to make such a comment unless there is really good cause for it.  His statements indicate he thinks that any interaction between the police and a young man means the young man is lucky to to get killed.  Just an idiotic comment.

5. What is kneeling standing up for?  Please inform me so we can all know. 

6. I will say the same thing to you.  If all that he said is true this will be a big story. 

He had every right to defend himself but chose not to.

No official reports only his own story on twit. (scrubbed)

Next time I encounter police I will wholeheartedly thank them for not shooting me .... and will be sure to laud them on twitter.

All makes sense right?

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There is a narrative that can't be proven that any more black men have been killed by the cops than white men.  The ones in the press are what you are talking about.  It's 100% irresponsible to make such a comment unless there is really good cause for it. 

This is b*****t. If you truly believe it I feel bad for you. Blinders on. 

Jets' Darron Lee says he was 'punched and tackled' when jumped inside bar

Jets practice before Rams game
New York Jets outside linebacker Darron Lee (50) pulls on his helmet during practice Wednesday at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. 11/9/16 (Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Connor Hughes | NJ Advance Media for NJ.comBy Connor Hughes | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on February 06, 2017 at 7:52 PM, updated February 06, 2017 at 8:15 PM

Jets linebacker Darron Lee says he was jumped inside a bar in Ohio on Saturday night, and he has the battle scars to prove it. 

A bruised Lee took to Periscope on Monday to explain what happened. The 22-year-old said he was leaving for his Uber back home when a stranger attacked him. 

"Midway from the exit of the bar, I get hit and tackled simultaneously," Lee said in the broadcast. "Have no idea who it was. I wasn't in an argument with anybody. I hadn't said a word to anybody. Just leaving the bar to go home, and I get punched and tackled. 

"I have no idea by whom. To this very moment I have no idea by whom. Don't care." 

Lee, who wasn't seriously injured, said he didn't fight back, and was taken completely by surprise. As he was getting assaulted, he continually said "I didn't hit you, I didn't hit you," but the assailant didn't stop. 

Lee grew up in the Columbus area and attended Ohio State. The Jets did not have a comment when contacted by NJ Advance Media. 

Eventually bouncers pushed Lee outside the bar. Lee didn't mention it in the broadcast, but indicated in a previous tweet police intervened. He thanked the police in a tweet that has since been deleted for "sparing a young man's life tonight." 

It is not yet known the exact bar the attack took place.

The Jets selected Lee in the first round of last year's draft. He was leading the team in tackles before suffering an ankle injury which cost him three games. He still finished the season with 73 tackles and a sack. 

Connor Hughes may be reached at chughes@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @Connor_J_Hughes. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, HessStation said:

Let's look at this sh*t team's first round picks to get an idea of complete incompetence:

Lee-  headcase

Pryor- bust 

Richardson- head-case

Milliner- bust/headcase

Coples- bust/headcase

Wilkerson- selfish douche/lazy 

Revis- will go down as the crowning jewel of the "new" ME FIRST player. Basically the mouthpiece and ring leader of the movement. An unprecedented douchbag of epic proportions

Revis is the 2nd best player in Jets history behind Joe Willie. He is a sure fire hall of famer. The Jets don't have many of those.  Got the money and then the ring. If he went into the Hall of Fame a Patriot.( if he could)..  Then he would be a douche.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

If you look at the data from the Fbi , it's true.     Like if you read the grand Jury testimony from Michael Brown/ Ferguson you know hands up don't shoot was a lie.

Yeah well... media never lets the facts stand in the way of a good story,

But back on topic.

All the NFL teams have security teams that investigate things like this one with Lee and they work fast to get out in front of stories like this to try and minimize the negative PR something like this causes. I would bet they are working overtime on this one and might be responsible for the tweets evaporating and the no comment no  report police response.

I think the kid is just an attention whore.

Archived