Contract Expired - The End Of Ryan Fitzpatrick

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It is in New York.

Almost every National Anthem in MetLife Stadium is sung by a member of the armed forces or New York's police or fire departments.  Many times a wife or child of a fallen Jets fan from 9/11, the military, NYPD, or NYFD are honored right before the anthem begins. 

Point being, in New York the National Anthem is a reminder of 9/11, it's in honor of that terrible event, it's different than what the National Anthem represents in San Francisco or other NFL cities.  So Colin Kaepernick pulling his BLM protest would come across differently here. 

Savvy?

SAR I

luv that word...savvy

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, August said:

Do you want me to show you proof of troops/people who doesn't find what he did "disrespectful"? 

First off, i didnt say troops, I said fans find it disrespectful.

Second, how can you show proof that they don't find it disrespectful, you can find some, I get that but you can't prove that the majority are ok with it.  

I find it disrespectful, friends of mine find it discreectful, plentry here find it disrespectful.  Not worth the hassle for a mediocre at best QB

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It is in New York.

Almost every National Anthem in MetLife Stadium is sung by a member of the armed forces or New York's police or fire departments.  Many times a wife or child of a fallen Jets fan from 9/11, the military, NYPD, or NYFD are honored right before the anthem begins. 

Point being, in New York the National Anthem is a reminder of 9/11, it's in honor of that terrible event, it's different than what the National Anthem represents in San Francisco or other NFL cities.  So Colin Kaepernick pulling his BLM protest would come across differently here. 

Savvy?

SAR I

Didn't you once complain about the hoopla surrounding recognizing the Armed Forces,Emergency services saying it was overkill and you were sick and tired of it at MetLife. 

What makes you any different than Kaepernick? 

joewilly12

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Didn't you once complain about the hoopla surrounding recognizing the Armed Forces,Emergency services saying it was overkill and you were sick and tired of it at MetLife. 

What makes you any different than Kaepernick? 

joewilly12

I am speaking about my beliefs of how a New York audience at MetLife Stadium would react to Colin Kaepernick's kneeling protest, not my own personal feelings on the matter.  From what I know about the people that sit around me, tailgate in the parking lots, and post here, they would not at all be open to his ideals or his demonstrations.

As for my feelings on in-game stadium bombardment at every TV timeout, there is too much of it, too many commercials, too many warnings, too much Jet Up! pleading, too many PC Richard's whistles, too many garbage can tosses, too many helmet races, too many tee-kids, too much noise.  So much so I can't even hear myself think or have a conversation with the person next to me due to all the noise.  And, yes, in this context I believe 1 military tribute per game is sufficient, I personally do not like these recognition's of military personnel 4x a game no different than I don't like the rest of it-  because it's simply too much.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As for my feelings on in-game stadium bombardment at every TV timeout, there is too much of it, too many commercials, too many warnings, too much Jet Up! pleading, too many PC Richard's whistles, too many garbage can tosses, too many helmet races, too many tee-kids, too much noise.  So much so I can't even hear myself think or have a conversation with the person next to me due to all the noise. 

pulling this out of context for a moment.  Jets sent out a survey this morning about the Stadium experience again (not sure if it was to all STH or to a random sample).  I mentioned the above in my comments to them.  Did you get the survey?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

It is in New York.

Savvy?

SAR I

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

it sure the heck was when he decided on 9/11 to take a knee.  he couldn't put aside his misguided politics for one night. 

The issue isn't that he's taking a knee. The issue is the reasons why he's taking the knee. That reason offends people and they hide behind these phony "disrespect for the flag/troops/national anthem" bs. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

First off, i didnt say troops, I said fans find it disrespectful.

Second, how can you show proof that they don't find it disrespectful, you can find some, I get that but you can't prove that the majority are ok with it.  

I find it disrespectful, friends of mine find it discreectful, plentry here find it disrespectful.  Not worth the hassle for a mediocre at best QB

They said it was "disrespectful to the troops who lay their lives on the line to serve this country". There are fans that don't find it disrespectful and to be honest neither of us can prove who thinks this is/isn't disrespectful. That would be arguing semantics.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

pulling this out of context for a moment.  Jets sent out a survey this morning about the Stadium experience again (not sure if it was to all STH or to a random sample).  I mentioned the above in my comments to them.  Did you get the survey?

Yes, I made a case in the open text boxes over three things (related to Stadium Experience, not the product on the field):

1.  The UBER infestation under the pedestrian bridge which eats up 1 of 3 paltry lanes and causes a huge backup in Lots D and E after each game.  They need to move those black cabs to an independent lot, put them in the spot where the buses used to be now that fewer people use the buses.  They don't let me double-park in the street, they shouldn't allow UBER's to double-park in the street.

2.  The bombardment of PA noise during each TV timeout.  You were our champion here at the town hall, I reiterated, shouldn't feel like a Miami Heat game, Jay Cross has been gone a decade already.

3.  Tailgate-free parking areas in all lots, not just the few they are in currently and are (in my case) too far away from where I usually park.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, August said:

The issue isn't that he's taking a knee. The issue is the reasons why he's taking the knee. That reason offends people and they hide behind these phony "disrespect for the flag/troops/national anthem" bs. 

They said it was "disrespectful to the troops who lay their lives on the line to serve this country". There are fans that don't find it disrespectful and to be honest neither of us can prove who thinks this is/isn't disrespectful. That would be arguing semantics.  

he has his beliefs as misguided as they are, he has a right to protest and I don't have an issue w/ that BUT on 9/11 you put all the other BS aside, you put your perceptions aside and you honor those that lost their lives on that day.  He failed to do that and that along w/ the pro Castro, pig socks and other nonsense showed me what a clown he really is.

12 minutes ago, August said:

That's you shaping the narrative to portray yourself more like the victim.  You should stop.  That doesn't help your argument, it only weakens it.  Not everyone is a Twitter savant.  Some of us are smart.

While there are people undoubtedly offended by his BLM stance and hatred of the police, I am referring to people who merely want to enjoy a sunny Sunday with their wives and children to get away from the problems of the world, not be brought deeper into it.  People who in addition were friends and family of those who perished in 9/11 who think about them when they remove their caps, rise, and sing the National Anthem. 

Do you live in the New York area?  I do, and I can't name a single person who wasn't a friend or a family member of a WTC victim or a friend-of-a-friend who was deeply impacted.  BLM means dick compared to 9/11 in New York City. 

We clear now?

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The UBER infestation under the pedestrian bridge which eats up 1 of 3 paltry lanes and causes a huge backup in Lots D and E after each game.  They need to move those black cabs to an independent lot, put them in the spot where the buses used to be now that fewer people use the buses.  They don't let me double-park in the street, they shouldn't allow UBER's to double-park in the street.

Why is Uber in all caps?

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, I made a case in the open text boxes over three things (related to Stadium Experience, not the product on the field):

1.  The UBER infestation under the pedestrian bridge which eats up 1 of 3 paltry lanes and causes a huge backup in Lots D and E after each game.  They need to move those black cabs to an independent lot, put them in the spot where the buses used to be now that fewer people use the buses.  They don't let me double-park in the street, they shouldn't allow UBER's to double-park in the street.

2.  The bombardment of PA noise during each TV timeout.  You were our champion here at the town hall, I reiterated, shouldn't feel like a Miami Heat game, Jay Cross has been gone a decade already.

3.  Tailgate-free parking areas in all lots, not just the few they are in currently and are (in my case) too far away from where I usually park.

SAR I

stupid me mixed in several comments about the team, coaches etc. entirely irrelevant to the survey.  I just had to.  It will probably never get read.

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

stupid me mixed in several comments about the team, coaches etc. entirely irrelevant to the survey.  I just had to.  It will probably never get read.

I can confirm this.

Every time I get the survey they ask at the end if you want to be contacted and I say "yes" and they never do.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Why is Uber in all caps?

The issue isn't that he's typing in all caps. The issue is the reasons why he's typing in all caps. That reason offends people and they hide behind these phony "disrespect for majuscules" bs.

SAR I

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

he has his beliefs as misguided as they are, he has a right to protest and I don't have an issue w/ that BUT on 9/11 you put all the other BS aside, you put your perceptions aside and you honor those that lost their lives on that day.  He failed to do that and that along w/ the pro Castro, pig socks and other nonsense showed me what a clown he really is.

Well "protest" or whatever you want to call it isn't always done in a manner that will please those that agrees with what he was protesting against. 9/11 is just more excuses because you disagree with what he's protesting against. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

That's you shaping the narrative to portray yourself more like the victim.  You should stop.  That doesn't help your argument, it only weakens it.  Not everyone is a Twitter savant.  Some of us are smart.

While there are people undoubtedly offended by his BLM stance and hatred of the police, I am referring to people who merely want to enjoy a sunny Sunday with their wives and children to get away from the problems of the world, not be brought deeper into it.  People who in addition were friends and family of those who perished in 9/11 who think about them when they remove their caps, rise, and sing the National Anthem. 

Do you live in the New York area?  I do, and I can't name a single person who wasn't a friend or a family member of a WTC victim or a friend-of-a-friend who was deeply impacted.  BLM means dick compared to 9/11 in New York City. 

We clear now?

SAR I

Translation: I don't care about what he's protesting against. But I don't want to come off a certain way either so I'll just say it offends those people who lost their lives on 9/11.  

2 hours ago, August said:

Translation: I don't care about what he's protesting against. But I don't want to come off a certain way either so I'll just say it offends those people who lost their lives on 9/11.  

Translation:  You are black and angry and want white people to know it even though they don't care about you or your issues.  Sound familiar?

This is an entertaining football forum. Take a knee somewhere else.   

SAR I

2 hours ago, August said:

Well "protest" or whatever you want to call it isn't always done in a manner that will please those that agrees with what he was protesting against. 9/11 is just more excuses because you disagree with what he's protesting against. 

How about we don't care what he's protesting or what his issues are. Just like we don't care about you or your issues right now. How about we go to football games on Sunday's to relax and have fun with the family just like we come to this forum to have fun with friends and we don't need you or Kaepernick to tell us about your woes. 

We all have issues, we all have things that bother us but this isn't the place to air those grievances.  Take a knee somewhere else.

SAR I

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Translation:  You are black and angry and want white people to know it even though they don't care about you or your issues.  Sound familiar?

This is an entertaining football forum. Take a knee somewhere else.   

SAR I

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

How about we don't care what he's protesting or what his issues are. Just like we don't care about you or your issues right now. How about we go to football games on Sunday's to relax and have fun with the family just like we come to this forum to have fun with friends and we don't need you or Kaepernick to tell us about your woes. 

We all have issues, we all have things that bother us but this isn't the place to air those grievances.  Take a knee somewhere else.

SAR I

imagegif

S-o-o-o-o-o, to brighten things, back to Ryan Fitzshiggle, he's set for life. Am I angry? Not really. I've got other things to worry about, like being billed up the butt for useless Sanitation guys throwing half of our garbage all over our snow covered lawn because, well, their crap coffee spilled and then they ran over our cans in a fit of revenge against the universe. I was walking my dog, and I witnessed this. I almost went into full body shock. "Hey, hey, hey!"  I couldn't run fast enough in my LaCrosse snake boots to wing the biodegradable bag of dog sh*t, praying to plant one for the ages. I got a hole in one, hit the dumpster.  Mind you, I throw like a girl, but adrenaline will do ya. Humps. I celebrated for hours. Life's little victories makes it all worth it on a small scale. 

10 hours ago, August said:

We can.  You want to protect the POS. Fine

6 hours ago, jetophile said:

S-o-o-o-o-o, to brighten things, back to Ryan Fitzshiggle, he's set for life. Am I angry? Not really. I've got other things to worry about, like being billed up the butt for useless Sanitation guys throwing half of our garbage all over our snow covered lawn because, well, their crap coffee spilled and then they ran over our cans in a fit of revenge against the universe. I was walking my dog, and I witnessed this. I almost went into full body shock. "Hey, hey, hey!"  I couldn't run fast enough in my LaCrosse snake boots to wing the biodegradable bag of dog sh*t, praying to plant one for the ages. I got a hole in one, hit the dumpster.  Mind you, I throw like a girl, but adrenaline will do ya. Humps. I celebrated for hours. Life's little victories makes it all worth it on a small scale. 

Bingo.

No matter now much Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks, I still have 3 BMW's, makes me feel good.

SAR I

14 hours ago, August said:

he has his misguided thoughts, he is entitled to them.  My issue wasn't his manner of protest.  In reality I actually kind of respected the way he did it even if I didn't agree but doing it on 9/11, the pig socks, the castro stuff all made his stand look pathetic.  the biggest problem is everyone needs an excuse when something goes wrong, that was what his protest was about.

6 hours ago, jetophile said:

S-o-o-o-o-o, to brighten things, back to Ryan Fitzshiggle, he's set for life. Am I angry?

Why would you be angry?  He was set for a dozen lifetimes before he got his first $1.00 from the Jets.  And for what we paid (in 2015 and 2016), we got a pretty decent $$-for-Wins return.  He was cheap, we got what we paid for generally.

Lets hope our organization start picking QB's that don't force us to play players like Fitz anymore.  Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?  For a drafted Jets QB not to suck horribly forcing us to play some Journeyman JAG?

As for Kaep.....he's a bad QB, so pass.  But beyond that, he takes his personal politics and forces them on his workplace, which is 100% inappropriate.  He's famous, he has all the stage he needs to say his peace outside the games, on HIS time.  But no, he is such an arrogant self-important chucklehead that he thinks his politics have to infest our NFL on his work time.  Something, I should point out, that only actors and sports pros can get away with as elite-level contractors safe from being fired for it.  You and I do what he did at our Jobs, putting our politics into our Jobs.....and we're all sh*tcanned.  

TLDR:  Kaep does his thing on his own time, no complaint (no matter how ignorant I think he may be).  It's the forcing of politics into the workplace that makes me want him to sod off.  The workplace is not your political soapbox.

On February 14, 2017 at 9:40 PM, SAR I said:

Very few of the military members I am acquainted with joined because of patriotism.  Same for the two ex-NYC policemen in my family. 

They joined because they got a free education, short career, and healthy pension.  Neither was particularly smart, neither had good grades, neither would have gotten into a decent school.  One has been retired since his 30s, the other his early 40s.  One paints houses when he feels like it, the other enjoys his summer homes and his boats.  Neither of them claimed to be more patriotic or heroic.  It paid the bills and let them retire early.

SAR I

This is the typical response from an arm chair patriot. You have an issue with Kaepernick yet you post drivel like this. Your freedom of speech and expression is not better than his. Just as I would never kneel during the anthem, I would never write such a post as this.

The veterans you mentioned here do not get these benefits for free. They have sworn to give the government a blank check that can easily have the value of their lives. There is no padding near the end of your career with overtime to better your pension. Their lives are on the line up until about 6 weeks of EOS or Discharge Date. 

Just knowing this about how you feel about Service members and veterans, should your lively hood be risked because others feel differently? Should your rights to work be violated? It is no cheap thrill to have your life at risk in a hostile, foreign nation. You take your freedoms for granted, talk down about the people that risk their life for you and are critical of other Americans that express their freedom peacefully as they see fit.

Just this week Senator Schumer stated that we have the finest fighting force in the world. It is always made up of brave and heroic men and women like me. I completely agree with the NYS Senator. 

8 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

This is the typical response from an arm chair patriot. You have an issue with Kaepernick yet you post drivel like this. Your freedom of speech and expression is not better than his. Just as I would never kneel during the anthem, I would never write such a post as this.

The veterans you mentioned here do not get these benefits for free. They have sworn to give the government a blank check that can easily have the value of their lives. There is no padding near the end of your career with overtime to better your pension. Their lives are on the line up until about 6 weeks of EOS or Discharge Date.

Once again you misinterpret and misquote a post to play yourself as a victim.  You should stop.  You are better than this. 

I merely reported what I heard members of my family say regarding their careers in the military and law enforcement.  If the statement "free education" bothers you, I can mention it to them next Christmas when we have our annual extended family holiday party, they're the ones who said it, not me.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Just knowing this about how you feel about Service members and veterans, should your lively hood be risked because others feel differently? Should your rights to work be violated? It is no cheap thrill to have your life at risk in a hostile, foreign nation. You take your freedoms for granted, talk down about the people that risk their life for you and are critical of other Americans that express their freedom peacefully as they see fit.

I'm going to respond to this part separately.  And I'll start by saying I have nothing but respect for those in our military and law enforcement.  Again, I have several family members who have served in both capacities including my father and grandfather.

Don't you dare talk down to others because you chose a profession that causes you to risk bodily harm every day.  That was your choice.  You could have been a banker,  you could have been a college professor, you could have been a landscaper if you wanted to.  You get compensated very nicely and you have a career that's shorter than others allowing you an early retirement, just as many upsides as downsides. I can't speak for all military or law first responder personnel, but those who I know didn't do this because they are American patriots.  They did it because their high school careers were leading them nowhere and getting a college education and an early retirement in exchange for risk of bodily harm was a tradeoff they were willing to accept.

SAR I

I'm fiercely protective of the military and this is devolving into the same biodegradable bag of dogsh*t I aimed at the garbage truck. I'm gonna start getting really cranky really soon. 

16489NickPetrocelli.jpg

That was my neighbor across the street in Flushing, Queens. Nicholas Petrocelli, 19 years old, Vietnam. At least his body was recovered. I was only four, but I'll never forget the day we got the news, because I remember everything. Long term memory like a razor, which isn't always a good thing.  Yes, he was conscripted and our gov't sukks 99.9% of the time. The military deserves much of the criticism that it gets (racism among them), but Jesus Chit, get some perspective people. 

Buy poppies. Hug a vet. Volunteer. Thank anyone in uniform for their service. Don't forget the Forgotten War. Send care packages. Lobby for better care for PTSD. The suicide rate is unconscionable. As an aside, Daniel Inouye was a fukking Ninja. The Congressional Medal of Honor took 50 years too long. RIP. Rock on Leon Cooper as well. What an awesome dude. He still drops F bombs at 96. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm going to respond to this part separately.  And I'll start by saying I have nothing but respect for those in our military and law enforcement.  Again, I have several family members who have served in both capacities including my father and grandfather.

Don't you dare talk down to others because you chose a profession that causes you to risk bodily harm every day.  That was your choice.  You could have been a banker,  you could have been a college professor, you could have been a landscaper if you wanted to.  You get compensated very nicely and you have a career that's shorter than others allowing you an early retirement, just as many upsides as downsides. I can't speak for all military or law first responder personnel, but those who I know didn't do this because they are American patriots.  They did it because their high school careers were leading them nowhere and getting a college education and an early retirement in exchange for risk of bodily harm was a tradeoff they were willing to accept.

SAR I

You are silly. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I'm fiercely protective of the military and this is devolving into the same biodegradable bag of dogsh*t I aimed at the garbage truck. I'm gonna start getting really cranky really soon. 

16489NickPetrocelli.jpg

That was my neighbor across the street in Flushing, Queens. Nicholas Petrocelli, 19 years old, Vietnam. At least his body was recovered. I was only four, but I'll never forget the day we got the news, because I remember everything. Long term memory like a razor, which isn't always a good thing.  Yes, he was conscripted and our gov't sukks 99.9% of the time. The military deserves much of the criticism that it gets (racism among them), but Jesus Chit, get some perspective people. 

Buy poppies. Hug a vet. Volunteer. Thank anyone in uniform for their service. Don't forget the Forgotten War. Send care packages. Lobby for better care for PTSD. The suicide rate is unconscionable. As an aside, Daniel Inouye was a fukking Ninja. The Congressional Medal of Honor took 50 years too long. RIP. Rock on Leon Cooper as well. What an awesome dude. He still drops F bombs at 96. 

image.jpeg

Archived