Are you ready for the return of Geno in 2017?

JustInFudge

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, section314 said:

I agree. Sign a guy like McCown or Hoyer to a one year deal like 3-4 million. The job is to be a good teammate, play until week 5-6 , and then be the backup when Hackenberg takes over. 

That's how I see it playing out. I don't see the Jets going after Cutler, Romo, Kaepernick, Glennon or resigning Geno. 

4 minutes ago, August said:

That's how I see it playing out. I don't see the Jets going after Cutler, Romo, Kaepernick, Glennon or resigning Geno. 

Throw away the best QB on the team and keep the worst two. No wonder the Jets are losers. That is just what they typically do. This tweet makes it sound as though the Jets are getting serious about winning. Get rid of the worst performers and keep the better ones.

Then replace the ones they keep with even better players.  Geno is a 2nd round draft pick of the Jets. He can be signed at a reasonable price. He is still young. Clearly if you knew how to run a business he would have a good look from you.

Just please explain to me why you would keep Petty a 4th round pick who is just months younger than Smith? 

8 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Throw away the best QB on the team and keep the worst two. No wonder the Jets are losers. That is just what they typically do. This tweet makes it sound as though the Jets are getting serious about winning. Get rid of the worst performers and keep the better ones.

Then replace the ones they keep with even better players.  Geno is a 2nd round draft pick of the Jets. He can be signed at a reasonable price. He is still young. Clearly if you knew how to run a business he would have a good look from you.

Just please explain to me why you would keep Petty a 4th round pick who is just months younger than Smith? 

They did last year when they drafted Hackenberg, also a 2nd round pick. That's why he will be the starter this year, and Geno will be an ex Jet .The Jets have seen enough of Geno and his tired act .

12 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

We already unequivocally know that Geno sucks balls. Petty most likely sucks balls. Take the one who has a very slight chance of not sucking balls, over the one who clearly sucks balls, always sucked balls, and will always suck balls. Pretty easy.

2 hours ago, August said:

They only sign him to compete and hold the fort until either Hackenberg or Petty is ready. Considering that this is a rebuilding year I doubt they hang onto McCown like Bowles hung onto to Fitzpatrick. 

LOL hold the fort and rely on Petty and Hackenberg?  Its time to move on and move forward we need to address the QB situation sooner than later. 

Every year we cant say "theres always next year" and "we are rebuilding" it needs to end. 

22 minutes ago, section314 said:

They did last year when they drafted Hackenberg, also a 2nd round pick. That's why he will be the starter this year, and Geno will be an ex Jet .The Jets have seen enough of Geno and his tired act .

So keep Petty, a worse performer than Smith? Go figure

The Jets likely do not have a QB.  If there is a possible QB available when they pick  they need to pick him.   A chance on a first round QB is still cheaper than Osweiler, Glennon or Tryod.   They can spend the FA money on a CB they know is good rather than draft one.

So the question then becomes whether there is a QB available at 6 who can be successful in the NFL.  Don't know the answer to that, but last year Macc did not think Lynch was going to be an NFL and thought Hack was worth the chance.  Time will tell   

The Falcons could use their high picks on other positions because they have a QB.  

23 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

We already unequivocally know that Geno sucks balls. Petty most likely sucks balls. Take the one who has a very slight chance of not sucking balls, over the one who clearly sucks balls, always sucked balls, and will always suck balls. Pretty easy.

Please. Smith has a better chance making another club. Petty does not. His chances of making the Jets next season are right now tenuous IMO.

43 minutes ago, section314 said:

So Hackenberg is the guy!!!!!!!!  Nice lets roll with Christian Hackenberg we have finally found a franchise QB, move over Tom brady theres a new sheriff in the AFC. 

Image result for HACKENBERG JETS PICS

47 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Please. Smith has a better chance making another club. Petty does not. His chances of making the Jets next season are right now tenuous IMO.

Yes, Smith has a much better chance of being a backup on another team, I agree. He still sucks balls, and will always suck  balls and there is absolutely zero reason or upside to bring him back.

12 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yes, Smith has a much better chance of being a backup on another team, I agree. He still sucks balls, and will always suck  balls and there is absolutely zero reason or upside to bring him back.

Right now the Jets QB situation sucks balls and not winning a Super Bowl for 47 years sucks balls too. 

39 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

So the Jets need to keep the worse player at QB in Petty? The Jets are better off keeping the better player no matter your feelings.

33 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

So the Jets need to keep the worse player at QB in Petty? The Jets are better off keeping the better player no matter your feelings.

Not sure Petty will be worse or better this year. We know what Geno is, a terrible QB and a terrible teammate.  I am fine with neither Geno or Petty coming back. If Geno is brought back, it will likely be the final straw for me as a Jets fan who goes back to the 70's.

24 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Not sure Petty will be worse or better this year. We know what Geno is, a terrible QB and a terrible teammate.  I am fine with neither Geno or Petty coming back. If Geno is brought back, it will likely be the final straw for me as a Jets fan who goes back to the 70's.

Petty is nearly as old as Smith. Petty has very little starting experience. He upside is minimal when compared to Smith. Smith has won in this league. Petty has won one game. It may not be to your liking but facts are what they are.

12 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Petty is nearly as old as Smith. Petty has very little starting experience. He upside is minimal when compared to Smith. Smith has won in this league. Petty has won one game. It may not be to your liking but facts are what they are.

Not sure where you see me going to bat for Petty, I dont' think much of him at all. That said, I'd rather see him prove he sucks than Geno who has already proven that time and time again.

3 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

I'm just speculating on what I think they will do. Geno was not their draft pick they took Hackenberg and at some point they want to see what he can do. This year is the perfect opportunity to play a young unproven quarterback with no expectations and let him play. Petty is still on his rookie contract. Don't get me wrong if it were up to me I would keep Geno. But I don't think they want him back. 

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Not sure where you see me going to bat for Petty, I dont' think much of him at all. That said, I'd rather see him prove he sucks than Geno who has already proven that time and time again.

Smith gives the Jets a better chance to win than Petty does. Neither looks like SB QB's

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL hold the fort and rely on Petty and Hackenberg?  Its time to move on and move forward we need to address the QB situation sooner than later. 

Every year we cant say "theres always next year" and "we are rebuilding" it needs to end. 

I'm just stating what I think the Jets will do. They drafted their guys Petty and Hackenberg they are going to want to see them play. A clear rebuilding 2017 season is the perfect time to put them out there and let them sink or swim. If they sign a QB it will be McCown, Hoyer, Keenum etc guys that can mentor the young guys, start a game or two if need be and quietly head to the bench when it's time without being a distraction. This is what I think they'll do. I'd like to have Geno back and imo he's better than the other quarterbacks on the roster and he has a higher upside than them, but due to circumstances he won't be brought back. New regime ultimately wants to see their quarterback play, not hold a clipboard. 

35 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Smith gives the Jets a better chance to win than Petty does. Neither looks like SB QB's

Agree, so whats the point? We are talking about probably 2 wins difference on this crap ass team. Move on from Geno, he sucks, if your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Archived