" Eric Decker could join the exodus of Jets veterans " ~ ~ ~

kelly

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

All speculation.  

Where does any of these articles say anything about hearing anything from the Jets?

Why do posters quote speculation like it is coming from the team?  At least say it's speculation in the thread title.  

It's obvious speculation. 

The fact that the title states "could" solidifies the fact that it's speculation. Stop being that dude. We dont need you to go into "This is unreadable" mode again this offseason. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

If it's me, I cut just about every offensive starter that the cap would allow.  Forgetting the fact that we're talking about Geno Smith, these players allowed a defensive  backup to injure their starting QB and did nothing about it .  You don't have to like the people you play with, but you protect your house .  I would cut every last one of them .

We owe Idzik an apology

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Quincy Enunwa. He's a 3 year vet and has two years under his belt. He certainly took a step in the right direction. Also, if we cut Decker it isnt like we cant get another vet WR in FA. It's not like its "Decker or bust". Dude has been here for 3 seasons and has missed a 3rd of his time on the field due to injury. Why even run the risk of paying him to only have those young guys on the field anyway given that he's probably injured again or simply isnt the same WR. 

Decker should have been cut before Marshall ever was. Atleast Marshall will be on the field. The best ability is availability. 

Or, the Jets may be getting good reports from his doctors, and are more inclined to keep him around. If they drafted Williams, he's the #1 and Decker is back to #2, where he has been all his career, pretty much.Marshall could not stand being anything but #1, and would have to go, or else he would be a major headache.

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

do not confuse realeasing older players as not replacing it with talent. Geno Smith could have been throwing to all pro receivers and he still would have sucked KW12, because he is not a very good qb. A good Qb makes his receivers better not the other way around. The question is do we have that qb on the roster

Thats not true. You know how/why Josh McCown got the starting job in Tampa back in 2014? Because in 2013 he was throwing to Alshon Jeffery, a season in which Jeffery had over 1,400 receiving yards and multiple games where he went over 200 yards receiving. 

He left and went to Tampa and looked like the guy we always knew he was. Meanwhile, the season that got him his job just so happened to be Alshon Jeffery's first season as a probowler. 

This "A good Qb makes his receivers better not the other way around" isnt as true as you'd like to portray it. 2013 was the first season that McCown had a QB rating of over 74 in a season. He was a 10 year vet heading into 2014 and the Bucs allowed 1 season with a probowl WR to force their hand. As we all know, the rest was history. 

sh*t, look at what just happened in 2015 with Ryan Fitzpatrick. 2016 Decker gets hurt and Marshall isnt the same guy and Fitz goes from "Fitzmagic" to throwing 6 INT's in a f'ing game. I mean, fitz goes from having one of the best seasons ever by a Jets QB to having arguably the worst single season in Jets history. Only Elite/true franchise QB's can just make their WR's better. 

WR's matter bro, atleast more than you'd like to admit. 

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

Or, the Jets may be getting good reports from his doctors, and are more inclined to keep him around. If they drafted Williams, he's the #1 and Decker is back to #2, where he has been all his career, pretty much.Marshall could not stand being anything but #1, and would have to go, or else he would be a major headache.

Or it could be that. Reports should always be good from the doctors that performs the procedures. Either way you slice it, Decker has been an injury prone WR since his arrival. Not only was Marshall an acutal #1 WR, but he's a WR that's never been considered prone to injury. 

23 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's obvious speculation. 

The fact that the title states "could" solidifies the fact that it's speculation. Stop being that dude. We dont need you to go into "This is unreadable" mode again this offseason. 

Boy your still butt hurt for being called out for what you were doing.  Too bad.  

I call it as I see it and I don't think people treating crap like truth is what should happen here.  

5 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Boy your still butt hurt for being called out for what you were doing.  Too bad.  

I call it as I see it and I don't think people treating crap like truth is what should happen here.  

I just dont want another offseason of that nonsense. :-) 

The thread said clear as day "Could". Stop being so confrontational with the nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Ugh.

What's worse, is it's from the leader of the "Geno had no weaponzzzzzz" coalition.

Whenever Geno had healthy "weaponzzzzzz" he seemed to have performed well. When he didn't he struggled. It's not a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith managed 8-8 and 3-12 lets see what the next man up can do with no weaponzzzzzz

47 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno isnt here, Brandon Marshall was just cut, we gave the team to Fitz when we HAD WEAPONZZZZZ and we've already seen that Eric Decker isnt a #1 WR...and that was before having to come back from rehabbing two surgeries to his shoulder and hip and for the fact that he's 3 years older at that. 

Also, back when Geno had no weaponzzzzzzthzzz, Robby Anderson was in college, Charone Peake was in college, Quincy Enunwa was on a rookie redshirt season placed in the cut for development and we had Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley, Clyde Gates and the ever-immortal Ryan Spadola. 

I think the 4 QB's I stated earlier are better than the latter.  Oh, and nice way to reel me back in after I took my ball and went home! :-) 

46 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And he did it with Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Gates and Spadola. 

I'll take Enunwa, Anderson, Peake, Jalin and Smith over that group every day of the week. 

EPJAaJv.gif

lol, too easy

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, I remember in my early teens seeing dumb and dumber for the first time. I must have rewound that part 1 million times in my livingroom. That turbolax scene had me in tears for like an hour. lol. 

It was a generational comedy, without question. LOL

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Eric Decker will not be the same without Marshall and so it really may be time to cut the cord.  The Jets may not want to cut him when he is injured though, bad optics...

I think it's more than just bad optics. If I'm not mistaken, if Decker were cut now the Jets would be liable for an injury settlement. That is why they will wait until after he passes a physical If they want to cut him,.

4 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

The whole statement: The Jets aren't done cutting players, per sources. Marcus Gilchrist, Calvin Pryor, Eric Decker, Buster Skrine and Sheldon Richardson are in danger of losing their roster spots. They could try to trade Pryor and Richardson, both former first-round picks. David Harris appears safe for now, but that could change if they sign a free agent at inside linebacker.

2 hours ago, pointman said:

Decker has been solid, when not hurt. We can't march out that super young wr corp without some proven veteran hands.

Can't stay healthy. I would  cut him as soon as makes sense and save the cap room.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Thats not true. You know how/why Josh McCown got the starting job in Tampa back in 2014? Because in 2013 he was throwing to Alshon Jeffery, a season in which Jeffery had over 1,400 receiving yards and multiple games where he went over 200 yards receiving. 

He left and went to Tampa and looked like the guy we always knew he was. Meanwhile, the season that got him his job just so happened to be Alshon Jeffery's first season as a probowler. 

This "A good Qb makes his receivers better not the other way around" isnt as true as you'd like to portray it. 2013 was the first season that McCown had a QB rating of over 74 in a season. He was a 10 year vet heading into 2014 and the Bucs allowed 1 season with a probowl WR to force their hand. As we all know, the rest was history. 

sh*t, look at what just happened in 2015 with Ryan Fitzpatrick. 2016 Decker gets hurt and Marshall isnt the same guy and Fitz goes from "Fitzmagic" to throwing 6 INT's in a f'ing game. I mean, fitz goes from having one of the best seasons ever by a Jets QB to having arguably the worst single season in Jets history. Only Elite/true franchise QB's can just make their WR's better. 

WR's matter bro, atleast more than you'd like to admit. 

I admit wide receivers matter and again look at the young receivers we have and then compare them to the receivers on the roster when Geno was throwing...which group would you want. there is better talent there, fitz had a crap yr and played way over his head the yr before but then again no one esp me said fitz made his receivers better...or did I miss something or maybe you read way to deep into what I wrote. I was basically sayin we need a qb that makes his receivers better (a great/very good qb does that)  even questioned if that player is on the roster. No one is saying Josh McCown is a great qb, either so I understand your example but who would you rather have a Big Ben, or a Brady or Josh McCown?

Look at the rceivers they have thrown to sure they had great receivers but they also took decent receivers and made them better and that is what I want a Qb a leader that makes players around him better

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The whole statement: The Jets aren't done cutting players, per sources. Marcus Gilchrist, Calvin Pryor, Eric Decker, Buster Skrine and Sheldon Richardson are in danger of losing their roster spots. They could try to trade Pryor and Richardson, both former first-round picks. David Harris appears safe for now, but that could change if they sign a free agent at inside linebacker.

you almost need to keep pryor to see if he is between last yr and the yr before performance. Skrine should have never been forced to start Gilchrist and Decker I would like to see stay and trade richardson if you can

4 hours ago, kelly said:

Eric Decker could join the exodus of Jets veterans

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - SEPTEMBER 11: Eric Decker #87 of the New York Jets looks to avoid the tackle of Shawn Williams #36 of the Cincinnati Bengals during the fourth quarter at MetLife Stadium on September 11, 2016 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The Cincinnati Bengals defeated the New York Jets 23-22.  (Photo by Steven Ryan/Getty Images)Getty Images

Brandon Marshall joined Nick Mangold, Darrelle Revis and others on the Jets’ discard pile on Thursday and the team’s culling of veterans after a dismal 2016 season may not be complete.Marshall’s running mate at wideout Eric Decker could join them on the chopping block. Manish Mehta and John Healy of the New York Daily News report that it won’t be a surprise if Decker is released upon passing a physical this offseason. Dropping Decker from the roster would save the Jets $5.75 million under the cap.

When a physical might happen is unclear as Decker is recovering from hip and shoulder surgeries that are expected to keep him on the sideline through much or all of the team’s offseason work.Whether his absence turns out to be permanent or temporary, the Jets are going to be giving young receivers like Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa, Devin Smith, Charone Peaks and Jalin Marshall plenty of opportunities in an offseason of major change.

Horse-hockey!

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Might as well. I'd support a WR group of Quincy, Charone, Robby, Jalin and Devin. 

Might as well bro, Tom Brady hasnt retired. Win or lose I will atleast look forward to seeing the young kids play. 

I agree. At this point why the hell not. Lets see all of the kids. 

Villain, I am not trying to start anything when I make my next statement. 

If we are going to roll with the kids, lets not sign Glennon or any mid 20's vet... sign an older Vet QB just to help the kids learn, but not to play. Roll with Petty and Hack and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

I agree. At this point why the hell not. Lets see all of the kids. 

Villain, I am not trying to start anything when I make my next statement. 

If we are going to roll with the kids, lets not sign Glennon or any mid 20's vet... sign an older Vet QB just fro help the kids learn, but not to play. Roll with Petty and Hack and see what happens.

No way in hell if we're going with a youth movement and management isn't quite sure about Petty and Hackenberg then draft a QB at 6 and let them battle it out in camp. 

No more old retreads. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell if we're going with a youth movement and management isn't quite sure about Petty and Hackenberg then draft a QB at 6 and let them battle it out in camp. 

No more old retreads. 

I am not suggesting we get an older vet to play, just as the 3rd qb almost like an additional coach.. 

Archived