Is Decker next?

goober36

As we all know the Jets are cleaning house. The trend seems like they're are parting ways with older vets that aren't apart of the process. Do you guys think Decker is next.

He's 30 years old coming off hip surgery as a WR. We have a solid young core in Enunwa, Peake, and Anderson (can't forget about Devin Smith).

Even though I have always been a huge Decker fan, I personally think it would be the correct business move IF we let go of Decker.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

SUCKING FOR SAM!!!!!! SO HARD!

as JETS fans we know that somehow, someway, we will win 1 game too many to miss out on him, or he will not enter the draft because he won't want to play for us.

2 hours ago, Stark said:

as JETS fans we know that somehow, someway, we will win 1 game too many to miss out on him, or he will not enter the draft because he won't want to play for us.

That's not bad, but it's too simple. I'm going with:

They're going to sign Taylor or Glennon with $40m guaranteed and, despite a decent season from him (before getting injured in week 7), they do still end up with the #1 pick.

With Taylor/Glennon's generally solid season and a full recovery expected, plus with Petty solidifed at #2 and Hackenberg growing enough to earn the #3 job, the Jets decide to trade out of the #1 slot to pick up an extra #1 pick in 2019. With their #1 pick they draft a 305-pound DE because, after Darnold was off the board, he was the BAP on Maccagnan's draft list.

Message board fans will commend Maccagnan for shrewdly sticking with his known quantity QB trio, since the draft is just a crapshoot and USC QBs are usually terrible anyway.

Then at halftime in game 13, with the team sitting at 4-9 Taylor/Glennon gets benched for Hackenberg, who proceeds to 9 interceptions in his 2.5 games of action. This time they do actually successfully tank, except they still only end up with the #2 pick in a one-QB draft.

In 2019, they use their original #1 (2nd overall) plus the #1 they picked up in the 2018 trade-down, to move up 1 slot and draft the year's #1 QB prospect. On May 10th, said rookie QB instead chooses to pursue a baseball career.

Darnold wins both the NFL MVP and Superbowl MVP awards 4x between 2019 and 2025. By week 6 of his 8th NFL season, Darnold becomes the fastest player to ever reach both 40,000 passing yard and 300 TD passes, despite playing behind a porous OL and throwing to a bunch of untalented nobodies.

Archived