Chance jets have to face Brady/Tannehill/Trubisky 6 times a yea

SouthernJet

It appears Bills making big push for Trubisky if he is still there when they pick. Typical Jets Luck. Good luck next 4 years.

If you like a guy take him higher than you have him boarded, cause someone else has him high also. ...Polian

1290449_o.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SouthernJet said:

1 will suprise like Russ Wilson and tanny will keep growing as supporting cast get sbetter. HOFer, no, but solid. Better than what we have , thats for sure.

I was a huge Wilson fan, was pissed when he was taken a few spots ahead of us. I don't see it with Trubisky.

I see more Wilson in Mahomes than Mitch. 

I watched 15 minutes of Trubisky on that stupid Gruden camp and lets just say I wasn't wowed by the intellect.  Had a goofy way about him and a mongoloid smile.  Kind of like a TomShane clone without the repulsive looks.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

I watched 15 minutes of Trubisky on that stupid Gruden camp and lets just say I wasn't wowed by the intellect.  Had a goofy way about him and a mongoloid smile.  Kind of like a TomShane clone.

Eli has walked around and played two championship seasons in his career with what looks like a petit mall seizure on his face. Mongoloid smile gotta be worth 3-4 championships easy. 

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

I was a huge Wilson fan, was pissed when he was taken a few spots ahead of us. I don't see it with Trubisky.

This is true.  There is definitely something with having Wilson in Mahomes.  Or even Ben.  Just a tendency and natural gun slinger mentality along with the ability to extend plays and succeed in an unconventional way.

I think the world of Trubisky(and still praying we get him) but you still can't put a rookie in a class with Brady. And you can't even mention Tannehill next to Brady.  Tannehill is just a nice QB, that's all at this point.  Gase does look like he's gonna get the most out of that team though.

And I'm not worried about the Bills getting Trubisky.  I don't think they could jump us for him.  My only worry with Trubisky is Cleveland and the Niners.  Chicago won't take him.  Cleveland won't take him either if they are able to trade for Garrapolo.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Eli has walked around and played two championship seasons in his career with what looks like a petit mall seizure on his face. Mongoloid smile gotta be worth 3-4 championships easy. 

Exactly..

I agree that Trubisky does strike a person as somewhat different when it comes to mannerisms, but the tape doesn't lie.  The guy does everything that's important well.  He has tremendous pocket feel, has a good arm, but above all progresses through reads seamlessly.  It's as good as it gets.  Just watch Kizer and you'll see too much thinking going on.  Watson is simply not as accurate as Trubisky and that concerns me.  In this league to be good at QB, you MUST throw a good deep ball, and Watson misses too many.  Typically overthrows for whatever reason.  That said about Watson, I'd still take him at 6.  The guy beat Ohio State and Alabama (who basically have NFL defenses) and it's not like he had a ton of talent around him.  I maintain that Williams is a possession receiver and Watson just happened to make him look better than he is.  The Alabama game is as impressive of a game as possible.  To throw the ball when another NFL defense knows you're throwing the ball is beyond difficult and he did it the entire second half.

41 minutes ago, JiF said:

Tannehill and Trubisky lol

Mock if you like, both are 100x better than any prospect WE have at current.

We are, today, one of the bottom two or three teams at the QB position, and in overall offensive skill talent.  That's the facts my friend.

We may lol at Tannehill, but he's Montana compared to what we have right now.

I'm not saying we must draft Trubisky, or that we must draft QB at #6, but we're in no position to mock anyone else at the QB position.

17 minutes ago, Stark said:

That fair, we all see stuff different. I see Mitch w/a litlle BigBen per pocket strength and Brady as per Progressions and leading a WR for optimal YAC. Not saying he is Ben or Brady caliber, but those traits :)

17 minutes ago, Pac said:

I watched 15 minutes of Trubisky on that stupid Gruden camp and lets just say I wasn't wowed by the intellect.  Had a goofy way about him and a mongoloid smile.  Kind of like a TomShane clone without the repulsive looks.

That is inappropriatre especially for those on the Board w/family members in that category. Grow up.

33 minutes ago, Pac said:

I saw that, too. He's a good looking man. Didn't seem to be too sharp. Gruden was showing him the tape of him throwing the same pass to his 6'5 receiver, highlighting how he threw it to the wrong spot every time and Mitch(ell) just kept laughing and nodding. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hi Rich. I was waiting for you to come here and bang the table for the UNC guy. I knew it was coming. ?

:) I did not bang the table for UNC record breaker QB last year, marquise williams , which should tell you something :). Trubisky is the rea deal. HOFer, probably not. 10 year starter, yes. I also like Ryan Switzer as a ST's  addition (ya think we need, LOL) to get us better field position as he is NCAAs best Punt Returner last few years and a very capable slot WR  w/blazing speed and moves to boot. I think he would be nice Gunner on Kickoffs STs as well. he helps Day1 on STs, works his way into slot role hopefully. I think Glenn has seen tape on Ryan and likes him. Question is, what round? Pats are interested in him per folks in Chapel Hill.

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

1 will suprise like Russ Wilson and tanny will keep growing as supporting cast get sbetter. HOFer, no, but solid. Better than what we have , thats for sure.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Mock if you like, both are 100x better than any prospect WE have at current.

We are, today, one of the bottom two or three teams at the QB position, and in overall offensive skill talent.  That's the facts my friend.

We may lol at Tannehill, but he's Montana compared to what we have right now.

I'm not saying we must draft Trubisky, or that we must draft QB at #6, but we're in no position to mock anyone else at the QB position.

Being better than a Jets QB is by absolutely no reasonable measure of quality.  Might as well talk about the league-wide excellency of every team's TEs and CBs while we're at it.

2 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

It appears Bills making big push for Trubisky if he is still there when they pick. Typical Jets Luck. Good luck next 4 years.

If you like a guy take him higher than you have him boarded, cause someone else has him high also. ...Polian

1290449_o.gif

I wish we could face Tannehill 16 times a year.

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

That is inappropriatre especially for those on the Board w/family members in that category. Grow up.

I honestly commend your sensitivity but maybe you are confusing that term with Downs syndrome??

On second thought yeah you are right.

Back on topic,  Tannehills not bad Trubisky may be better

Lots of moving parts here:

• Trubisky at 6 does make sense for the Jets unless they believe that Hack is better than him.  Hack was not better in college (assuming just his good freshman year) than Trubisky.  But I think that if you can draft a QB better than the ones you have, you take him.
  • There could be alot of shennanigans here.  Remember the Patriots basically feigned interest in Gholston so the Jets picked him.
  • If the Bills are really interested in MT, they are idiots, because now the Browns if interested will trade up to get him.
  • As I have said before, if the Bills or Browns are willing to take Trubisky, and the choices available to the Jets at 6 are an assortment of DL that don't fit, safeties, injured CBs, WRs that are not sure things and a TE, taking Trubisky does make sense, if only to bluff.  The Bills or Browns can trade for him before we pick him, or after.
  • As per last year, QBs that teams expect to be successful do not last until 6.   So his natural spot is either top 3/4, or mid-teens.

Archived