Tom Brady must be thinking...

thadude

I don't think Tom Brady spends a lot of time thinking about what the Jets are up to.  He came out as a lead blocker against them last season and the Jets defense parted like the red sea.

The Jets drafted wat some experts are calling the 2nd best talent in htis draft. A great guy, a leader, who is excited to be here and will start from day one.

Bowles got the player he wanted. Bowles will be here in 2018. The Jets defense is going to be good next season.

Sorry I know that disappoints a lot of people but it is true.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I don't think Tom Brady spends a lot of time thinking about what the Jets are up to.  He came out as a lead blocker against them last season and the Jets defense parted like the red sea.

That sh*t won't ever happen again with Jamaal Adams on the field I guarantee that sh*t.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

That sh*t won't ever happen again with Jamaal Adams on the field I guarantee that sh*t.

That's what everyone told me when they drafted the "Louisville Slugger" who was going to "set the tone" and stop teams from throwing the ball over the middle.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets drafted wat some experts are calling the 2nd best talent in htis draft. A great guy, a leader, who is excited to be here and will start from day one.

Bowles got the player he wanted. Bowles will be here in 2018. The Jets defense is going to be good next season.

+1

no matter how many topics you start, this was a great pick. 

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That's what everyone told me when they drafted the "Louisville Slugger" who was going to "set the tone" and stop teams from throwing the ball over the middle.

Well I didn't tell you that about Pryor. So you can talk to them I guess.

Just now, AFJF said:

The difference between a top 6 Safety and a 20th pick Safety are not comparable, Idzik botched that pick on an overrated player can't really say anything else.  Adams won't let this sh*t happen book it, he isn't just a good football player he is an alpha dog, great leader that will get everyone fired up like crazed dogs.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Well I didn't tell you that about Pryor. So you can talk to them I guess.

I don't talk to them anymore...not after what they told me about Pryor.

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If you looking at the Grades people are giving them I don't think you're picking up on the overall consensus. Not too many people are complaining.

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

96 posters gave the pick a B or above. Only 16 gave it a C or below and (i think) only 10 out of those 16 gave it a D or below

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

96 posters gave the pick a B or above. Only 16 gave it a C or below and (i think) only 10 out of those 16 gave it a D or below

Yet there were multiple threads calling it a bad pick.

My point is this defense is going to be so much better than people are realizing. Going to be fun to watch.

17 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I think it was on JI posters were predicting Pryor would win DROY

15 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I remembered I was called a clueless a$$hole for saying Pryor was a wasted pick..... Here we are, a couple of years later, drafting his replacement. 

From the Louisville Slugger to the Louisiana Slugger...

Fantastic.

Eric Smiths are only once a generation

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

My point is this defense is going to be so much better than people are realizing. Going to be fun to watch.

I'm in that boat. I obviously would have loved the Howard pick but Adams is an exciting prospect. As I mentioned before, man it would be AMAZING if this guy can actually star, I'd finally have a jersey to buy for my son! And although I know this part most of you guys don't agree with...but Adams isn't gonna win them any games next year and I'm still sowing my, Sucking For Sam Was a Best Idea EVER, Christmas sweater.  

29 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What disappoints me is the ongoing obsession with "BAP", which always means defense.

What disappoints me is continuing to do the same thing over and over (draft defense!) and expecting the results to change (busts, disappointing defenses, not winning games).

The era of a Bears or Ravens like dominant defense is long long gone.  But we keep drafting luxury pick Defensive players and yelling "BAP!" as if that had any real meaning beyond Kiper wannabes.

We have no team building vision.  We are literally defensive BAP'ing our way to one of the poorest designed rosters I've ever seen in 2017.

And we are, hands down, the worst and least talented Offense (in a league driven by and dominated by offense) that I've ever seen.

We have no QB worth mentioning.  Any talk of Hack is pure optimistic projection.  Petty is a fragile JAG.  McCown will likely start all of this season, stunning tho that is.

We have nothing worth mentioning at RB.  

We have Decker, a glorified #2 who can;t stay healthy, another guy who is a H-Back hybrid, and then a bunch of no-name undrated Free agents only Jets fans think will amount to anything. 

Do we even have a TE on the roster?  

And our O-line is a work in progress, at best.  A disaster-to-be at worst.

We are bereft of talent on the O, and have thrown so many #1 picks at the D......yet still have a D utterly incapable off stopping anyone, as proven last year.

If the kid a good kid?  No idea, I heare the same hype we hear about alot of kids in the draft the draftnicks obsess over.  We'll see.

What I can say is he a player that won;t change the course of this team, and at his best is not a position who will impact or win games in the modern NFL.  He may take us from 31st in pass D to 30th or the like, and that is if he's a big hit.

So forgive us folks who are wondering just wtf this team is doing and where it's going, because I for one have no idea.  I just keep hearing BAP! BAP! BAP! and wtaching a bunch of first round D players suck every year while the O languishes for over a decade now.

P.S. No one watches football to see "fun to watch defenses".  They watch to see offense, scoring points, and winning games.  This BAP does none of those things even if hes good at his job at the NFL level. 

26 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You guys get that that was the right thing to do?  You see a lame player gimping downfield as a "blocker"...you can't just clean him the **** out...that would be, like,... THE most unsportsmanlike thing you can ever do. Anyone who has ever played any sport, ever, couldn't possibly consider that as an option.

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Wow, maybe we'll only be ranked 27th!  Imagine that!

10 minutes ago, thadude said:

I think it was on JI posters were predicting Pryor would win DROY

Well that site basically closed down and they have have averaged something like 16.76 posts per day since they came back. So that kind of sums it up.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wow, maybe we'll only be ranked 27th!  Imagine that!

When we are talking about the Jets making the playoffs next year I am just glad that we will all be happy together.

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If you quit after the first line I could have taken this seriously.

5 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

If you quit after the first line I could have taken this seriously.

Todd Bowles is coming back in 2018. I say it a lot because people seem to think it is some forgone conclusion that he is gone.

The Jets start off 4 and 1 next year, hopefully keep it together for a playoff run and Bowles is looking at an extension.

Just now, Maxman said:

Todd Bowles is coming back in 2018. I say it a lot because people seem to think it is some forgone conclusion that he is gone.

The Jets start off 4 and 1 next year, hopefully keep it together for a playoff run and Bowles is looking at an extension.

Trolling your own board?  Well, that's one way to react to this franchise, I'll give you that. :lol:

Archived