Report: Jets Shopping Sheldon Richardson and Calvin Pryor

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton

With day two of the NFL draft set to get under way, the New York Jets are reportedly looking to make a pair of moves that would ship a pair of former first round picks elsewhere in exchange for more picks.

Tom Pelissero of USA today piggy backed on a tweet from Ian Rapoport that said the Jets were shopping former first round pick Sheldon Richardson, to add that safety Calvin Pryor is on the block as well.

Just last week we named Pryor as a player who could be impacted the team’s first-round choice should they take a safety, and now that the team has chosen LSU’s Jamal Adams with the sixth pick in the first round, that appears to be the case.

Clearly the better of the two players, Richardson has been pegged with a 4th round pick value by most onlookers, but with no true knowledge of trade negotiations, is it possible that the Jets could fetch more?

Pryor, a strong safety who has been bad more often that he’s been good would be unlikely to garner much more than a day 3 draft choice, but with a new dynamic safety in the fold, it appears his services are no longer required.  With the Jets looking to move him, now we’ll find out if he’ll be in demand elsewhere.

Are you surprised to hear the Jets are looking to move two of their young defenders?  Click here to log on to our forums and share your views.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
mTYAaA25aDQ

Click here to read the full story...

I'd keep both of them because you're not getting much for them and there is a lot of talent. Sheldon especially. In a lot of places Sheldon could be a good starter. I'd get rid of Pryor before Sheldon. Now if Bowles thinks he can't work with these guys and he's never said that then get any price and punt on both of them. 

3 minutes ago, SMC said:

This is why the Jets have sucked this decade.  They're forced to trade 2 former 1st rounders still on their rookie deals.

Partly but the REAL problem is they once again made exactly the same type of pick that has pretty much failed entirely 6 of the last 8 hours, and Mo is insanely overpaid.  

Jets FO is so fuucking brain dead and outright refuses to learn from their mistakes and keeps drafting low impact defensive players in RD1. What a sad waste.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'd keep both of them because you're not getting much for them and there is a lot of talent. Sheldon especially. In a lot of places Sheldon could be a good starter. I'd get rid of Pryor before Sheldon. Now if Bowles thinks he can't work with these guys and he's never said that then get any price and punt on both of them. 

He would start on every team in the league.

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Partly but the REAL problem is they once again made exactly the same type of pick that has pretty much failed entirely 6 of the last 8 hours, and Mo is insanely overpaid.  

Jets FO is so fuucking brain dead and outright refuses to learn from their mistakes and keeps drafting low impact defensive players in RD1. What a sad waste.

So should I believe you or the many draft people and NFL people who raved about this pick?

Just now, Darkheart said:

So should I believe you or the many draft people and NFL people who raved about this pick?

What the hell do the draft people know. There is a TON of group think amongst the draftniks and their opinion is about as inaccurate as GMs opinions. SS/CB hybrid is not Pick 6 value, I dont care that the draft ratings said. I can by the highest rated bucket in the world, but new shingles will will help a leaky roof more. We got a very shiny bucket to fix a house that is just raining water.

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

What the hell do the draft people know. There is a TON of group think amongst the draftniks and their opinion is about as inaccurate as GMs opinions. SS/CB hybrid is not Pick 6 value, I dont care that the draft ratings said. I can by the highest rated bucket in the world, but new shingles will will help a leaky roof more. We got a very shiny bucket to fix a house that is just raining water.

DO you believe that Macc got a reasonable trade offer after Trubisky was taken? I don't think he did

5 minutes ago, Darkheart said:

DO you believe that Macc got a reasonable trade offer after Trubisky was taken? I don't think he did

I do, for the same reason that some people like the pick... he was a Top 5 even Top 2 player on many boards. More complete teams would have coveted him at 6.

So  a report is out there that the Jets want to trade up to the top of round 2.

The suggestion out there is that such a move would only be for a quarterback.  

Pissed if Richardson is ditched  to leapfrog five or six spots for DeShone Kizer or Davis Webb.

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I do, for the same reason that some people like the pick... he was a Top 5 even Top 2 player on many boards. More complete teams would have coveted him at 6.

That makes sense, except that I think that the more complete teams would not have the value to do the total jump. KC jumped from 27 to 10 and that took a ton. So I don't know if a team would have really willing to jump all the way to 6. Look how much it took the Bears to jump one spot.

I honestly believe that when the Bears took Trubisky; trading down went out the window

7 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

So  a report is out there that the Jets want to trade up to the top of round 2.

The suggestion out there is that such a move would only be for a quarterback.  

Pissed if Richardson is ditched  to leapfrog five or six spots for DeShone Kizer or Davis Webb.

Jets may want to secure a CB or Forest Lamp can start out at center and end up at Guard or Tackle . 

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Jets may want to secure a CB or Forest Lamp can start out at center and end up at Guard or Tackle . 

Hope so T.,   Cam Robinson, Lamp, Kevin King or surprise me and pick Dalvin Cook...any of these players could make a legit difference.

4 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Hope so T.,   Cam Robinson, Lamp, Kevin King or surprise me and pick Dalvin Cook...any of these players could make a legit difference.

We need a young power back like Foreman or Hood . We can either in the 3rd or later .

Archived