2917 Jets: Encouraged, and narrative changing

JohnnyLV

I have to say that I feel really encouraged and excited about the Jets after the mini-camp.

1. Jamal Adams Not only does he seem to be really shining in his actual play, but there are reports that suggest he is already the "Captain" of the defense, directing people around and actually seeming to already know the defense better than many returning players. Maybe he will be special. Even better Maye seems to be playing really well as well, so even though I am still a little WTF?? on picking safeties in Round 1 and 2, we could have a really strong foundational players in these two. And starters from Day One. Side benefit: our #3  is now Miles who was always better than Pryor and Bowles does like 3 safety sets

2. Coaching I am pretty impressed with what I am hearing about Morton, Bates and Greene. We finally have a real QB coach, Morton seems to be vocal, solid and detail oriented and very encouraged by Greene who I think will help elevate the play of our pash rushers. 

3. Hackenberg The Jets media desperately wanted to continuously bash Hack in mini-camp, but could not. He seems to be making pretty significant strides each day and really what more could you ask for. Bowles and Bates were also very complimentary of him. In some of the video I saw, his footwork seems much improved. I think there is not only a chance that Hack wins the QB competition, but could become the QB we need. The narrative on Hack definitely changed over the last 3 days on him. Even dorkweed from NJ.com couldn't really say anything negative.

So I feel optimistic about training camp and while I don't think we will win a lot, I can see a team that shows lots and development and improvement over this next season and has several players establish themselves as foundational guys.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I have to say that I feel really encouraged and excited about the Jets after the mini-camp.

1. Jamal Adams Not only does he seem to be really shining in his actual play, but there are reports that suggest he is already the "Captain" of the defense, directing people around and actually seeming to already know the defense better than many returning players. Maybe he will be special. Even better Maye seems to be playing really well as well, so even though I am still a little WTF?? on picking safeties in Round 1 and 2, we could have a really strong foundational players in these two. And starters from Day One. Side benefit: our #3  is now Miles who was always better than Pryor and Bowles does like 3 safety sets

2. Coaching I am pretty impressed with what I am hearing about Morton, Bates and Greene. We finally have a real QB coach, Morton seems to be vocal, solid and detail oriented and very encouraged by Greene who I think will help elevate the play of our pash rushers. 

3. Hackenberg The Jets media desperately wanted to continuously bash Hack in mini-camp, but could not. He seems to be making pretty significant strides each day and really what more could you ask for. Bowles and Bates were also very complimentary of him. In some of the video I saw, his footwork seems much improved. I think there is not only a chance that Hack wins the QB competition, but could become the QB we need. The narrative on Hack definitely changed over the last 3 days on him. Even dorkweed from NJ.com couldn't really say anything negative.

So I feel optimistic about training camp and while I don't think we will win a lot, I can see a team that shows lots and development and improvement over this next season and has several players establish themselves as foundational guys.

I agree.  It will take 900 years until the Jets finally find their franchise QB. 

9 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

You guys are funny as hell when you aren't arguing with each other about who is a better fan.

2917-  wonder if we will have our (own) West Side stadium by then

I searched for it in the lyrics to this song.  Sadly, no mention of it.  But there might have been something about finding a QB somewhere around 4545.

On 6/16/2017 at 1:39 AM, Dcat said:

I agree.  It will take 900 years until the Jets finally find their franchise QB. 

And by that time the game will have changed so much that having a top safety is the most important thing for a franchise. ;-) 

Archived