Christian Hackenberg, the future nobody is talking about

Maxman

6 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Why is it funny when Moe slaps Curly? Why is it funny when the boulder falls on the coyote? Why is it funny when Larry David gets himself into some mortifying situation? NoBowles, these are the mysteries of our time

Disappointed 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Disappointed 

When McCown is announced as the opening day starter it will be funny because;

20% of the board expects this this happen as part of the plan, mclown has yielded the #1 pick to his last two teams (Bucs, Browns) Jets are next! Go Team...

20% of the board will post about not watching any games that mclown starts since it is a stupid waste of time, smash something, drink, eat, talk to self, drink, post... 

20% of the board will post concerns about mclown actually winning 2 many games and missing out on Sam, I am

20% of the board dislikes bowles and/or mac and will voice their opinion in every thread, related or not, banned mac and cheese too, bitter and twisted from years of Jets fandom 

20% of the board will post about another injustice to poor christian, the future, he will play better in NFL, needs a chance, needs weponz, still blames franklin...

10% of the board believes the company line that McCown "gives us the best chance to win" - green glasses see talent across the team, we all hope these folks are right but think we know better - deja vu

20% of the board has already checked out for 2017 so this will be funny since we know it does not matter, especially after shots and beers and shots - it will be a long season regardless

=130%? Jets fans are complex and will be in multiple categories at different times (20% will not do the math)

better? :)

What's really going to eat people up is Hackenberg will play acceptable.... probably borderline good and people will despise him even more "especially thadude if that's possible" because we will be loosing out on a top 5 pick.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

21 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

What's really going to eat people up is Hackenberg will play acceptable.... probably borderline good and people will despise him even more "especially thadude if that's possible" because we will be loosing out on a top 5 pick.

And what has this clown done to make you think he would be "acceptable" in college (without Allen Robinson), TC or preseason?

And what has this clown done to make you think he would be "acceptable" in college (without Allen Robinson), TC or preseason?

All I'm saying first off is that he has yet to fail...whatever he did in college is college he is 2 years removed and has focused on fixing his issues. We will see what that brings to his game...if anything at all. Secondly another point is there are some people that hate on Hackenberg so much that it will be quite the forum to watch when hack POSSIBLY takes us out of contention for a top 5 pick it will not appease some no matter how well he plays. If he takes us to a .500 season knowing that's an accomplishment people will still be focused on "what he did in college" and asking for his head.

19 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Do you believe Fitz was the best QB on the team last year - If you don't your argument holds no  

sadly yes Fitz was the best QB on the team last year. People forget but he beat McCown h2h in Cleveland. He's a professional more than we can say for Geno

as for the 'depth chart" it's clear who is taking the bulk of the first team reps and it's not Hack (or Petty)

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ourlads has Hack behind Petty right now.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/NYJ

Also this is the first time I've look at this in a while and my GOD does our roster suck. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this winds up being a historically bad offense.

And thats their depth chart, not the one that counts, the Jets version, which isnt out yet

27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

sadly yes Fitz was the best QB on the team last year. People forget but he beat McCown h2h in Cleveland. He's a professional more than we can say for Geno

as for the 'depth chart" it's clear who is taking the bulk of the first team reps and it's not Hack (or Petty)

Wrong again, they each had their time, at times each took the majority of snaps.  And everyone, to your chagrin, reported Hack was the best of the group.  

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wrong again, they each had their time, at times each took the majority of snaps.  And everyone, to your chagrin, reported Hack was the best of the group.  

dude they counted the snaps in the public practices and McCown is getting more than Hack/Petty by about 2:1. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

dude they counted the snaps in the public practices and McCown is getting more than Hack/Petty by about 2:1. 

Dude, depends on the day and how about how Hack outplayed McCowen?  Show us where he doubled the snaps of Petty and Hack.  Thats nonsense.  

I know this is killing you as much as youve shown pure hatred of Hack

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude, depends on the day and how about how Hack outplayed McCowen?  Show us where he doubled the snaps of Petty and Hack.  Thats nonsense.  

I know this is killing you as much as youve shown pure hatred of Hack

I don't hate Hack. I saw him play last preseason and remember what that looks like. 

How do you like this player so much? He's done nothing and McCown is still higher than him in the depth chart, no matter what BS you claim. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't hate Hack. I saw him play last preseason and remember what that looks like. 

How do you like this player so much? He's done nothing and McCown is still higher than him in the depth chart, no matter what BS you claim. 

You saw a rookie QB who took no snaps, had little if any coaching and was tossed into a game due to injury and looked bad.  Shocking.  

Now once again to the depth chart fantasy list, show us the Jets depth chart, the one that lists all the QBs.  Want to bet that one doesnt exist and youre just making it up to suit your hate?

Just now, bitonti said:

So you've given us an unofficial ourlads chart from MARCH, an unofficial link from who knows when with some strange choices at the top of the depth chart as they all are.

The telling part is the depth chart provided by the Jets, the actual HCs depth chart, lists no one at any position.  So we'll got with ourlads, lol over the Jets site

12 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

so you are saying that there is a zero percent chance that he is that once in a generation player? If you cant say there is a zero percent chance then you cant say something that hasnt happened yet is "reality"

I'm guessing you guys also believe you're winning the lottery every week and there's no evidence that you likely won't win the lottery because it hasn't happened yet.

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The telling part is the depth chart provided by the Jets, the actual HCs depth chart, lists no one at any position.  So we'll got with ourlads, lol over the Jets site

the JEts have said in the past that the marketing department sets that chart and there's no connection between what's on the site and what's actually the coaches' depth chart 

the NJ.com link is from march true but What's your problem with that link?  It's not like they drafted or acquired any QB's since then

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the JEts have said in the past that the marketing department sets that chart and there's no connection between what's on the site and what's actually the coaches' depth chart 

the NJ.com link is from march true but What's your problem with that link?  It's not like they drafted or acquired any QB's since then

Total nonsense, the HC sets the depth chart.  

Pre draft, pre OTA or mini camp unofficial depth chart is significant exactly how?

The Depth chart is gonna be based on experience until further notice. And McCwon will probably get a few more reps than the other two at first because he's the most seasoned and it might give them a chance to evaluate other talents on the team without the learning curve of HackenPetty playing a factor.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

In my experience Ourlads is the way to go. Whoever runs that site is pretty competent. On the flipside I have no idea why but the Jets website is consistently terrible. 

16 hours ago, thadude said:

A blind monkey missing both arms > Hack

Based off what ?? His college play or his massive game action against NFL squads . For as much as the negaJets fans want Hack to suck or the "sunshiners" want him to be the franchise savior he is still an unknown commodity. 

17 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Based off what ?? His college play or his massive game action against NFL squads . For as much as the negaJets fans want Hack to suck or the "sunshiners" want him to be the franchise savior he is still an unknown commodity. 

He sucked in college after Allen Robinson left Penn State. Below 60% completion in college is not good.  But yeah he looked so good in practice and preseason last year he wore pajamas on the sideline until week 17 despite the other 3 qb's looking very bad and or injured

25 minutes ago, thadude said:

He sucked in college after Allen Robinson left Penn State. Below 60% completion in college is not good.  But yeah he looked so good in practice and preseason last year he wore pajamas on the sideline until week 17 despite the other 3 qb's looking very bad and or injured

Allen Robinson had his best season at PSU with Hack as an 18 year old starter.  20 more receptions, 400 more yards.  But it was Robinson who was totally responsible for Hacks rookie season.

And of course the obvious, that O'Brien left PSU and Franklin changing the offense to a spread offense that Hack wasnt suited to play had nothing to do with it.  

But hey, that was too obvious and doesnt put enough blame on a current Jet.  Losers need targets

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Allen Robinson had his best season at PSU with Hack as an 18 year old starter.  20 more receptions, 400 more yards.  But it was Robinson who was totally responsible for Hacks rookie season.

And of course the obvious, that O'Brien left PSU and Franklin changing the offense to a spread offense that Hack wasnt suited to play had nothing to do with it.  

But hey, that was too obvious and doesnt put enough blame on a current Jet.  Losers need targets

Hack's starting offensive line his sophomore season was 2 first time OT's and 2 Guards that were defensive line converts. They had a total of 7 scholarship players that were 0-linemen. And this was before injuries hit.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Hack's starting offensive line his sophomore season was 2 first time OT's and 2 Guards that were defensive line converts. They had a total of 7 scholarship players that were 0-linemen. And this was before injuries hit.

None of this counts.  It's always because of the WR.  Unless we sign a Decker or whoever, then it's because of the QB.

the SOJF dance

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Dont forget about the OC he gets some of the blame also. 

Always.

Run at the goal line and its why didnt we pass.

Pass at the goal line and its why didnt we run.

MMQs live for public forums to prove how smart they are after knowing the results

On 7/22/2017 at 0:58 AM, jetspenguin said:

You really think throwing him on the field to try to learn while we played horribly, the vets quit on the team, wr were playing alligator arms and the line was Swiss cheese would have cause NO HARM to any possible future the kid has? How many times have we seen a QB ruined because he was put in too soon with teams much better than we fielded last year?

I know you cant be serious when you say it would have hurt nothing. The small chance he has this year all would have been ruined by ANOTHER example of the Jets throwing in a qb too soon....the sanchize and geno were both put in before they were ready....sorry, sitting the kid was the best thing that could have ever happened to him. 

You left out the part where he wasnt practicing all season and didnt have his mechanics straightened out.  To some clueless Jets fan this is meaningless, they should have thrown him to the wolves so they could have their curiosity filled or better yet when he inevitably failed could scream "i told you he would suck"

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You left out the part where he wasnt practicing all season and didnt have his mechanics straightened out.  To some clueless Jets fan this is meaningless, they should have thrown him to the wolves so they could have their curiosity filled or better yet when he inevitably failed could scream "i told you he would suck"

Look...if you are going to keep using common sense, rational thoughts and critical thinking when you quote me then we both might get banned from this site.  At least throw in a little lunacy like the SOJF's here so we look like we fit in. 

Archived