Njc - Chargers could lose both their top two

Raideraholic

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I'm sure you're very upset about it.

Injuries can happen to any team at anytime.  My team lost a chance last year when Derek Carr went down with injury.  Why would I be happy for any team to lose anyone to injury.      I want to beat a healthy New England Patriot team- to be the best , you have to beat the best.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When will it be appropriate to feel genuine sympathy for Phillip Rivers? 

SOJF would say: When we trade for him during the 2018 draft since we won too many games with Hackenberg in '17 but lost him to Tommy John Surgery in the season finale ending his career and superior arm strength. 

I say: He still finds himself as the LA Chargers QB at age 39 STIILL w/no OLine. 

Not even close for couple of reasons.    The Refs don't call the blatant holds offense lineman get away with against him.  ( they literally tackle him).   Two for as good as K Mack is now, he still no where near the player he can eventually become.( still very raw player relies too much on his power game still ).   Three can Mario Edwards stay healthy for sixteen games.     With M Edwards in there he guaranteed 6-8 extra sacks.( Qb's can't step up in the pocket) . Qb's are sitting ducks .  

Fourth reason will the Raiders let ex Charger Dc John Pagano- Assisant head coach ( Wade Phillips disciple ) call the defense.  ( did wonders for Joey Bosa) .      The fact is Denver defense got a lot better when Jack Delrio left . ( Any Reid takes Delrio/ Norton defense to the shed every time) 

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Not even close for couple of reasons.    The Refs don't call the blatant holds offense lineman get away with against him.  ( they literally tackle him).   Two for as good as K Mack is now, he still no where near the player he can eventually become.( still very raw player relies too much on his power game still ).   Three can Mario Edwards stay healthy for sixteen games.     With M Edwards in there he guaranteed 6-8 extra sacks.( Qb's can't step up in the pocket) . Qb's are sitting ducks .  

Fourth reason will the Raiders let ex Charger Dc John Pagano- Assisant head coach ( Wade Phillips disciple ) call the defense.  ( did wonders for Joey Bosa) .      The fact is Denver defense got a lot better when Jack Delrio left . ( Any Reid takes Delrio/ Norton defense to the shed every time) 

And 5th would be because even thinking anyone is getting 30 sacks in a season is grounds for a 5150 commitment.

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Injuries can happen to any team at anytime.  My team lost a chance last year when Derek Carr went down with injury.  Why would I be happy for any team to lose anyone to injury.      I want to beat a healthy New England Patriot team- to be the best , you have to beat the best.

Especially since youve already said the Raiders are the best team in the AFC

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Especially since youve already said the Raiders are the best team in the AFC

That's silly the Patriots are defending champions, and they are the best in the Afc  till someone beats them.( can't talk your way to being the best- have to do it on the field).

Do I think the Raiders can beat the Patriots ?  Sure I think they match up pretty well  to the Patriots, and probably one of the few Afc teams that have a chance against them. 

Lets see if that is the case, and yes I want both teams at full strength for that game.   

It may be unpopular in the short term, but if im SD, im looking to move Rivers immediately, while there is still time for him to get acclimated to a new offense and where SD can get at least a 1 in 2018 draft plus more picks in either 2018 or 2019.

Denver, jacksonville, Buffalo - any team that thinks they are on the brink of success could look to pay at least a 1 next year (Buffalo has 2 anyway) and the Chargers might as well 
"fully rebuild" for the future.

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

So the Raiders would have to play against their own selves to have a real challenge.

I feel sorry for the rest of the league, including Rivers. 

Pretty much.  But he predicts the Raiders would win

Archived