So when does Macagnan sign Kaepernick?

thadude

13 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

He is not anti police. He is anti police brutality.  He is also not anti american whatever that is supposed to mean.  I mean are those people advocating for confederate statues and flags "anti american"?  It is okay to be against certain things and not be anti american.  I guess the folks that were once against slavery (it was legal after all) were also anti american, lol.   I salute those officers who can understand the difference. 

he is anti police, he has shown that w/ his cops as pigs socks and calling police slave catchers.  I disagree w/ why he protested but I support his right to protest.  I am more disappointed in how he said he would stand for the anthem this year b/c.  he sold out trying to get a job.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

another nitwit protest?  and for a player who opted out of his deal, is a mediocre QB AND bashed police while praising Castro.

A massive crowd of supporters gathered outside the NFL headquarters in New York on Wednesday in a rally organized by multiple civil rights groups.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/colin-kaepernick-supporters-rally-nfl-new-york-anthem-protest-naacp-goodell

30 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

A massive crowd of supporters gathered outside the NFL headquarters in New York on Wednesday in a rally organized by multiple civil rights groups.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/colin-kaepernick-supporters-rally-nfl-new-york-anthem-protest-naacp-goodell

It's not a civil right to Voluntarily OPT OUT of a guaranteed $13M salary to play in 2017? 

Societal Privilege vs. Civil Rights are not one in the same.

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It's not a civil right to Voluntarily OPT OUT of a guaranteed $13M salary to play in 2017? 

Societal Privilege vs. Civil Rights are not one in the same.

It IS an American right to peacefully protest injustice. In a system that is performance based Kaepernick just proved how much BS that the NFL espouses. Goodell should be fired. He guessed wrong here. 

The reason that Kaep is currently not in the NFL is because the Trump supporting Repuican owners colluded.

So as just as Kaep took a stand so the owners did the same thing.  So the owners as a group would rather have a POS like Vick that represents everything that is wrong with sports over someone who doesn't 100% agree with them politically.

Every year either the State of the Jets or Goodell, or just the crap like this just discourages me more and more.  Pretty soon people will get sick of getting charged $129 for preseason football, +$300 for the ticket, PSLs, and over priced gear for the Josh McCowns/Hoyer/Osweiler type of trash that the NFL produces.

41 minutes ago, Pcola said:

The reason that Kaep is currently not in the NFL is because the Trump supporting Repuican owners colluded.

So as just as Kaep took a stand so the owners did the same thing.  So the owners as a group would rather have a POS like Vick that represents everything that is wrong with sports over someone who doesn't 100% agree with them politically.

Every year either the State of the Jets or Goodell, or just the crap like this just discourages me more and more.  Pretty soon people will get sick of getting charged $129 for preseason football, +$300 for the ticket, PSLs, and over priced gear for the Josh McCowns/Hoyer/Osweiler type of trash that the NFL produces.

Jets fans are so used to garbage at QB they want Bortles

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

Well stated. 

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he is anti police, he has shown that w/ his cops as pigs socks and calling police slave catchers.  I disagree w/ why he protested but I support his right to protest.  I am more disappointed in how he said he would stand for the anthem this year b/c.  he sold out trying to get a job.

No he had made his point; He and has since dedicated time and money to many related positive causes and raised awareness about a topic most people would rather just ignore..   Keep in mind this was in no way disrespectful to the game, he wasn't caught cheating, beating his wife/girlfriend, fighting dogs, getting high.   He threw 18 tds and 4 ints and doesn't have a job.  Just a few years ago he lead a comeback that almost won the Superbowl and yet, he couldn't help an NFL team?  No team at all?  

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Jets fans are so used to garbage at QB they want Bortles

Well as bad as he is, he would be a huge upgrade.  ?  He can throw for a ton of yards the second half of games...(against prevent D because they are getting blown out).  He would  break Joe Willie's yardage in a season record while winning 5 games.

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

Well as bad as he is, he would be a huge upgrade.  ?  He can throw for a ton of yards the second half of games...(against prevent D because they are getting blown out).  He would  break Joe Willie's yardage in a season record while winning 5 games.

Lol....the Jets are in the pits

6 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Maybe 10 people out of that group watch the NFL, move along hippies and snowflakes.

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Maybe 10 people out of that group watch the NFL, move along hippies and snowflakes.

Your statement is a clear display of your ignorance"

This will haunt the NFL,” retired offensive lineman Willie Colon told Yahoo Sports. “This man took a stand on issues that are still affecting us.

The crowd, which the Associated Press estimated as “more than 1,000 people” at the steps of 345 Park Ave., was a diverse group, featuring activists, NFL fans and Kaepernick supporters all advocating for and, to a degree, celebrating his message.

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaepernicks-nfl-status-may-not-matter-anymore-023234167.html

6 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

This will haunt the NFL,” retired offensive lineman Willie Colon told Yahoo Sports. “This man took a stand on issues that are still affecting us.

The crowd, which the Associated Press estimated as “more than 1,000 people” at the steps of 345 Park Ave., was a diverse group, featuring activists, NFL fans and Kaepernick supporters all advocating for and, to a degree, celebrating his message.

https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaepernicks-nfl-status-may-not-matter-anymore-023234167.html

We will see how it all shakes out.  Just curious, how can the protesters tell if they won?  Say someone signs Colin, what does that do for his "cause"?   He started this protest when he was riding the bench behind Blaine Gabbert.  He wanted attention, and he got it.  

image.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVD

14 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

That is the point to get more talent at the position. Only the Jets don't do that. They sign QB's with bottom feeder resumes and expect to win with D. This has been for nearly 10 years now. I have seen enough of Macc. His failure to upgrade the position of QB is more than enough to get him fired.

he has had 3 drafts to bring in a competent weapon at QB and has failed. 

You can say all the bad things about Kaepernick you. Only a certain segment of the audience believes that garbage. Kaepernick would be the best QB on the Jets since Favre. No doubt!!!

Fire Macc now and get a real GM in here

All 32 teams decided Kaepernick wasn't worth it so you'd be wrong there.  He came close once but then his brilliant girlfriend decided to compare the owner of the one team considering him to a slave owner and that was that.

He's a hypocrite, a passive aggressive sh*t stirrer, and a one-read horrible QB who serves little to no value on a rebuilding team.

I'll take Sanchez & 2015 Fitz over that goober any Sunday.  Best Jet QB since Favre?  Not only is that, like, the lowest bar imaginable, he couldn't even out-play our garbage 3rd string QB last year.

He's a back-up level QB who is a gigantic lightning rod.  Just like Tebow, his talents aren't worth the noise.  No one is "owed" a job in this country.  Rich or poor.  The NFL is a private entity and the owners have every right to not want him for this, whether their reasoning is right or wrong. Kaepernick knew this and knew what the fallout could be.  Boo-f'ng-hoo.

On 8/22/2017 at 6:25 PM, Larz said:

I know this is just a dumb trolling thread, but it really hasn't dawned on folks that the idea this year is to NOT win ?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/naacp-wants-meeting-with-nfl-commissioner-to-discuss-fate-of-colin-kaepernick/

I remember about 20 years ago, "The Reverend" demanding a meeting with the Atlanta Braces to inquire why more blacks werent playing baseball.

The GM released a statement " I follow the talent".  

6 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

From the same article you quoted:

“If you can give $110 million dollars to Donald Trump, who is committed to dividing our nation, you need to give back into black and brown communities,” Pastor Jamal Bryant, a speaker at the rally, demanded. “In every city that there is an NFL team, we are expecting a financial investment.”

So "the truth" comes out. The 49ers WERE GOING TO CUT KAEPERNICK before "his protest" made it impossible to do so. He then became a pariah and foolishly opted out of his deal because he overestimated his value. He then announced that he was abandoning "his protest" because he proved his point. Sorry but this only proves why he originally did it. For the cash. When you abandon your cause to get a job its called selling out. Yes he donated 1 million dollars spread out over 10 payments so he could make a show for the cameras each time he made one. When you take a cause and co-opt it for financial gain its cheapens the cause and demeans the people supporting it.

There were people there for the right reasons no doubt. When you co-opt a worthy cause and exposing and stopping brutality is one usually the ones talking the loudest also have their hands out. We all know where those "financial investments" are going to wind up. Sure some will go into the community. One or two playgrounds may get built. Some community centers may get overhauled but the majority of that money will go into the pockets of those that are extorting it in the name of a worthy cause that need's to be addressed. Why do you think Kaepernick wasn't there? He knew that this would turn into a fundraiser and wanted no part of it.

Archived