Back when the game was played by MEN

Gas2No99

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Maybe in the 1800s I could buy that but my parents smoked forever, they tried to use that excuse but they knew it was bad for them.  did they know they may get cancer? maybe not but no one thought ingesting smoke was good for them. if you lived it and thought smoking was good for you I think you probably had more problems than smoking.

as for football, it's been a long time since players needed offseason jobs and FA helped end that.  why should a player have to get a job in the offseason when they bring in the revenue they do?  Free agency was a great thing for the players and while it's not perfect for the game the players deserve it and every penny they make.  The game has to evolve as players evolve, again if players today played under 1960s rules they'd kill people on a weekly basis. 

another funny thing about this is in the 70s and 80s the majority of players(at least lineman) were using steroids and now they are going to complain they didn't know playing football could harm them?  it's all about making some extra money.  I do think the league should take care of old players medical issues so on some level they deserve it but they knew they were putting their bodies on the line playing the game as well as using steroids.

This is childlike reasoning. You have no idea how you sound do you? You have no idea of what you are saying or talking about. You are so deluded you actually think you are giving us pearls of wisdom here don't you? Your like the drunk at the party who has sh*t his pants and everyone knows it but him. I know you will take this as a personal attack but it is not so. I am simply marveling at how you have no idea about which you speak but think your an authority because of your limited experience and astoundingly bad insights. There is no getting through to a person like you though. You are brainwashed by years of bullsh*t and there is no hope for you. I actually feel sorry for you. Truly.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Ahhh youth. You get the booby prize kid. This like all your other posts are pompous bullsh*t. Here's proof you unimaginable oaf:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

These were just a few of hundreds I found.

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE OR HEAR ON TV OR ON THE INTERNET. GOT IT KID? GOOD.

It's not my fault you were naïve, any reasonably intelligent person understood there were risks.  My parents were from this era, they tried that excuse on me.  it didn't work.  They weren't stupid enough to think ingesting smoke into the body was a good thing. 

6 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

This is childlike reasoning. You have no idea how you sound do you? You have no idea of what you are saying or talking about. You are so deluded you actually think you are giving us pearls of wisdom here don't you? Your like the drunk at the party who has sh*t his pants and everyone knows it but him. I know you will take this as a personal attack but it is not so. I am simply marveling at how you have no idea about which you speak but think your an authority because of your limited experience and astoundingly bad insights. There is no getting through to a person like you though. You are brainwashed by years of bullsh*t and there is no hope for you. I actually feel sorry for you. Truly.

I don't know what you are even talking about, I suspect you don't know either.

don't be upset b/c I know more than you. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

It's not my fault you were naïve, any reasonably intelligent person understood there were risks.  My parents were from this era, they tried that excuse on me.  it didn't work.  They weren't stupid enough to think ingesting smoke into the body was a good thing. 

I don't know what you are even talking about, I suspect you don't know either.

don't be upset b/c I know more than you. 

LOL YOU PROVE MY POINT! Excellent. Just remember you are severely impaired and will eventually realize this someday. I think it will be too late though. Good Luck my limited friend. YOU will need it in abundance. Just funny as all hell.

5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL YOU PROVE MY POINT! Excellent. Just remember you are severely impaired and will eventually realize this someday. I think it will be too late though. Good Luck my limited friend. YOU will need it in abundance. Just funny as all hell.

ok, thanks!

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

it's "you're" not "your", I am guessing all that smoke did some serious damage.  too bad you had no idea it would hurt you. 

LOL That's the first true thing I have read by you. Its not your fault though. Its funny really. Those who have to tell you how smart they usually aren't. Don't worry. Head to your safe space. Write your blog.

image.png

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL That's the first true thing I have read by you. Its not your fault though. Its funny really. Those who have to tell you how smart they usually aren't. Don't worry. Head to your safe space. Write your blog.

image.png

I don't claim to be smart, I just look smart when debating posters like you.

I need the safe space not the guy that is whining he didn't know inhaling smoke could hurt him.  You really brighten my day with this stuff and I thank you.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I don't claim to be smart, I just look smart when debating posters like you.

I need the safe space not the guy that is whining he didn't know inhaling smoke could hurt him.  You really brighten my day with this stuff and I thank you.

image.png

12 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I keep responding because I just want to waste your time and see how long you keep responding my little snowflake.

I'll keep responding, it takes 10 seconds to keep laughing at you. you brighten up my mornings, I marvel at how childish an adult can be.

Can't say I read the whole thread; read the first page, see a lot of old timers v youngens.  Don't really think you have to go that far back to find an NFL that was more fun to watch... I doubt this guy could play a game in todays' league without fines/suspensions/penalties watering down his talent:

To those who've compared it to gladiatorial combat; they've got a point.  The people who also have said it was more fun previously are right too.  And yea, I wish Jamal Adams is half as good as Sean Taylor.  

• 2 weeks later...

This is some REAL old school football.  Check out the AFC Championship game highlights starting at the 7:05 mark.  

-Bitter cold. 

-A dreary stadium. 

-Icy field conditions due to the tarp ripping the night before the game, though it's unclear if the Steelers pulled some "gamesmanship".  Heck, if even it was gamesmanship, that aspect is gone from all sports.  I remember there was a story about the Celtics/Lakers in a finals game Boston Garden in the 1980's.  Boston Garden had no air conditioning and Red Auerbach turned up the heat in the visitor's locker room.

-Brutal hits (check out the play at 10:15). 

-2 rivals that absolutely hated each other. 

-Hall of famers all over the place.  

-Vehicles on the sidelines. 

-Old school facemasks (check out Bradshaw's!). 

-Fans running on to the field. 

-Colorful characters like Al Davis and John Madden. 

Football in today's era bears almost no resemblance to this.  Basically almost all the stuff that was interesting about the sport has been distilled away through the years.  Today's game has essentially been withered down to instant replays and penalties for tackling.

Interesting side note: the Steelers committed 13 turnovers in 2 home playoff games but won both!

Archived