So when do Bowles & Macagnan get fired?

Philc1

I know the media and 50% of Jets fans think they are doing this great job and should get extensions but we are are 9-19 since week 17 in 2015

Literally any other franchise would be looking to change the regime this January.  The Giants are and they are one season removed from 11-5 and a playoff appearance 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I know the media and 50% of Jets fans think they are doing this great job and should get extensions but we are are 9-19 since week 17 in 2015

Literally any other franchise would be looking to change the regime this January.  The Giants are and they are one season removed from 11-5 and a playoff appearance 

The difference is that Jerry Reese has been there a long time, since the end of 2007. So there was stability. 

ANy other franchise? Would that include the Bengals who have had MArvin Lewis there forever?

Macc isn't getting fired. Adams/Mayes/Anderson/Lee/Jenkins/Williams. Pyror for Davis. Sheldon for Kearse and a 2nd. His main blemish is Hack. But 1st round QBs bust pretty often, so it's not shocking when a 2nd rounder is a bust. 

There are grounds to fire Bowles, but I won't be upset if he stays on because I don't think he is incompetent and because it will  upset many whiney SOJFs on this board. 

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Macc isn't getting fired. Adams/Mayes/Anderson/Lee/Jenkins/Williams. Pyror for Davis. Sheldon for Kearse and a 2nd. His main blemish is Hack. But 1st round QBs bust pretty often, so it's not shocking when a 2nd rounder is a bust. 

His main blemish isn't that he took over a 4-12 team and in 3 years never made the playoffs and is headed for another 4-12, 5-11, or optimistically, 6-10 team?  His main blemish isn't that this team is not meaningfully different than the one he took over?  The fact that you've greatly overrated all the drafted players, with only one of them being above average at present, is another issue, I suppose.  But, any interest in responding with something other than "blah blah blah SOJF blah blah blah?"

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

His main blemish isn't that he took over a 4-12 team and in 3 years never made the playoffs and is headed for another 4-12, 5-11, or optimistically, 6-10 team?  His main blemish is that this team isn't that the team is not meaningfully different than the one he took over?  The fact that you've greatly overrated all the drafted players, with only one of them being above average at present, is another issue, I suppose.  But, any interest in responding with something other than "blah blah blah SOJF blah blah blah?"

I think it is. It's younger for sure. And it seems to be a more cohesive unit.

And what do you mean "greatly overrate" the drafted players? He just said their names. He said nothing remotely close to "THEY ARE TEH GREATEST PLAYERS EVER!"

48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The difference is that Jerry Reese has been there a long time, since the end of 2007. So there was stability. 

ANy other franchise? Would that include the Bengals who have had MArvin Lewis there forever?

So I can totally suck at my job if I’m there for less than 5 years?  Cool

25 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Bowles is up in the air but I don't see Maccagnan getting fired.

If the decision had to be made today, I think Bowles would get 1 more year and Maccagnan would get extended.

Yay, a third straight season of 5-11 or worse

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And what do you mean "greatly overrate" the drafted players? He just said their names. He said nothing remotely close to "THEY ARE TEH GREATEST PLAYERS EVER!"

This team has a fairly decent shot of going 4-12. Entering year 4, the Jets have no long term solution at probably the 4 most important positions in the NFL(#1 QB, #1 pass rusher, #1 CB, #1 WR) and the players that Mac has drafted I don't think any of them are top 3 at their positions.

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

This team has a fairly decent shot of going 4-12. Entering year 4, the Jets have no long term solution at probably the 4 most important positions in the NFL(#1 QB, #1 pass rusher, #1 CB, #1 WR) and the players that Mac has drafted I don't think any of them are top 3 at their positions.

They have a #1 corner and a #1 WR (or at least playing like one) on their team right now.

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

Mike Macagnan is easily a bottom 5 GM in the NFL

Incredible that he skates through being a totally inept clown equivalent to an Idzik

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Macc's biggest apologist thinks that the team is better?  This is big news!

He said their names in the context of a defense of Macc.  I'm not suggesting the hyperbole you offered.  I'm simply suggesting that most of these players aren't good enough to demonstrate that Macc deserves to continue to pick more players.

Just now, gEYno said:

Macc's biggest apologist thinks that the team is better?  This is big news!

He said their names in the context of a defense of Macc.  I'm not suggesting the hyperbole you offered.  I'm simply suggesting that most of these players aren't good enough to demonstrate that Macc deserves to continue to pick more players.

All we need is CanadienJet and JetNut to post that we have a franchise qb on the roster between Hack and Petty they just need a chance

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Yeah, a handful of Jets fans refuse to accept Robby Anderson is still not a #1 WR, despite the fact that he's pretty good at his one route.

24 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are grounds to fire Bowles, but I won't be upset if he stays on because I don't think he is incompetent and because it will  upset many whiney SOJFs on this board. 

Are you Manish Mehta or Ralph Vachinano?

Archived