So when do Bowles & Macagnan get fired?

Philc1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Oh like Antonio Brown

Robby Anderson has never caught more than 6 passes a game this year.  Antonio Brown averages 40ypg more than Robby Anderson.  Antonio Brown has 400 yards more than Robby Anderson.  Antonio Brown catches 10% more passes thrown his way than Robby Anderson.  All of this is on just 6 more targets.

You really are not nearly knowledgeable enough to be as arrogant and condescending as you try to be.

Just now, gEYno said:

Robby Anderson has never caught more than 6 passes a game this year.  Antonio Brown averages 40ypg more than Robby Anderson.  Antonio Brown has 400 yards more than Robby Anderson.  Antonio Brown catches 10% more passes thrown his way than Robby Anderson.  All of this is on just 6 more targets.

You really are not nearly knowledgeable enough to be as arrogant and condescending as you try to be.

Hahahahahagahaha 

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

It also helps that Antonio Brown has been the league several years. This is Anderson's second year. And that Brown has a HOF QB.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If he's going to lobby to go to the Pro Bowl, he must believe that he is becoming one or is one right now.

For years the Jets never had anyone that defenses fear. Now they have a guy

Huh?  Teams now fear Robby Anderson.  Something tells me 31 NFL coaching staffs disagree

30 minutes ago, gEYno said:

His main blemish isn't that he took over a 4-12 team and in 3 years never made the playoffs and is headed for another 4-12, 5-11, or optimistically, 6-10 team?  His main blemish isn't that this team is not meaningfully different than the one he took over?  The fact that you've greatly overrated all the drafted players, with only one of them being above average at present, is another issue, I suppose.  But, any interest in responding with something other than "blah blah blah SOJF blah blah blah?"

I already went through the draft picks that appear to be good ones (including the Robby Anderson FA signing who is now a top 16 WR in the NFL). I went through the recent trades that Macc CLEARLY won involving Pryor and Richardson. But you see the world through whiney SOJF glasses so you ignored those points and asked for me to prove something I already proved. 

The argument isn't whether Macc has done a great job or not. Clearly he has not been great, but his draft picks/signing and trades have all gotten better as he has gotten more experience as a GM. But in your world, you want a GM to come in and be great from day 1. In the real world, guys are given time to learn on the Job and get better. Macc has gotten better and many normal Jets fans are willing to give him another year or so to find a franchise QB in this years draft or to sign/trade for the likes of Cousins/Luck. 

The Jets franchise isn't going in the wrong direction. If you watch the team, the players are young and talented and improving. So it's not like keeping him on for another year will set us back for a decade. Firing him now will only appease the whiners who will then hate on the next GM who drafts a bust because we know that other GMs never draft busts....

39 minutes ago, gEYno said:

His main blemish isn't that he took over a 4-12 team and in 3 years never made the playoffs and is headed for another 4-12, 5-11, or optimistically, 6-10 team?  His main blemish isn't that this team is not meaningfully different than the one he took over?  The fact that you've greatly overrated all the drafted players, with only one of them being above average at present, is another issue, I suppose.  But, any interest in responding with something other than "blah blah blah SOJF blah blah blah?"

We still playing this game of make-believe where this isn't the first year that Macc was finally given the go ahead to rebuild his way?

50 minutes ago, gEYno said:

His main blemish and I’m talking a dick shaped birthmark on his forehead blemish was taking Hack in the second round. I’m not going to get into what he didn’t do last year. That’s less of a blemish and of more of missing a testicle or two. 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Bowles is up in the air but I don't see Maccagnan getting fired.

If the decision had to be made today, I think Bowles would get 1 more year and Maccagnan would get extended.

i believe bowles is still contracted for next season.  it wouldn't make sense for him to be a lame duck coach.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If he's going to lobby to go to the Pro Bowl, he must believe that he is becoming one or is one right now.

For years the Jets never had anyone that defenses fear. Now they have a guy

Oh, so Robby Anderson thinks he's a #1 WR, so, basically that's all there is to it!

1 hour ago, Pac said:

We still playing this game of make-believe where this isn't the first year that Macc was finally given the go ahead to rebuild his way?

1) If anything is make believe, its this narrative you've crafted.

2) Which plan told him to draft poorly in year 1 and 2?  Was that Woody's idea?

3) If "rebuild his way" means drop all your resources into the safety position and a bunch of other non-contributors, then hard pass.

Not in 2018. Bowles has already taken the Jets further than most thought he would. And they have been in every game against many top teams. A friend of mine who played with the Chargers said most games come down to one or two plays that will determine if you win or lose and that has been the case with the Jets this year. They will click at some point...I hope. But Bowles and Mac will get a pass.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I already went through the draft picks that appear to be good ones (including the Robby Anderson FA signing who is now a top 16 WR in the NFL). I went through the recent trades that Macc CLEARLY won involving Pryor and Richardson. But you see the world through whiney SOJF glasses so you ignored those points and asked for me to prove something I already proved. 

The argument isn't whether Macc has done a great job or not. Clearly he has not been great, but his draft picks/signing and trades have all gotten better as he has gotten more experience as a GM. But in your world, you want a GM to come in and be great from day 1. In the real world, guys are given time to learn on the Job and get better. Macc has gotten better and many normal Jets fans are willing to give him another year or so to find a franchise QB in this years draft or to sign/trade for the likes of Cousins/Luck. 

The Jets franchise isn't going in the wrong direction. If you watch the team, the players are young and talented and improving. So it's not like keeping him on for another year will set us back for a decade. Firing him now will only appease the whiners who will then hate on the next GM who drafts a bust because we know that other GMs never draft busts....

So, apparently you can't make it through a conversation without "blah blah blah SOJF blah blah blah."

The proof is on the field.  Everything else is wishful thinking.  The fact that not everything Macc has done is bad doesn't make him good.

The "needs to be great from day one" is a fictitious narrative you're creating because you can't debate in reality.

The franchise isn't going in the wrong direction, but it's going in no direction at all.  The proof, again, is in the product on the field.  Not the wishful thinking that a bunch of average players are actually good.

As for hating the next GM, this is also a fictitious narrative.  No one hates for no reason.  The results, again, are on the field.  This is year 3, and it's a 4-6 (at best year).

Your description of a SOJF is simply someone capable of acknowledging reality, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Not even sure why I'm doing this, but FO has him at 31st in DYAR and 30th in DVOA, which sounds about right to me.

Think that's about right. Whether he's a flash in the pan like Victor Cruz or a solid long term pro like Wayne Chrebet, we'll see. Have heard other teams are looking to bowl him over with a  long term deal, but who knows if that's from  Anderson's agent or idiot NY reporters  or reality. 

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

They're not getting fired.

Agree.

Neither Mac or TB will get fired.

And neither is Jerry Reese like the OP has stated.

Just an opinion but I wouldnt be surprised if Reese gets a contract extension for getting the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft at a time when Eli is showing his age.

Archived