Josh Allen Hype Train Rolls on With Mayock’s QB Rankings

JetNation

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Allen is getting some defacto-preference because of his skin color and the history of white QBs. 

Again, that's not really the narrative to be pushing here. Focus on the fact that Allen isn't as good as Lamar. 

It won't be the first time that a QB who is viewed by some as being better than another is predicted to be drafted lower (regardless of race).  There can be many reasons for this other than race, but I guess you've narrowed it down, detective.  :lol:   All other possible reasons have been eliminated, correct?  :rolleyes:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It won't be the first time that a QB who is viewed by some as being better than another is predicted to be drafted lower (regardless of race).  There can be many reasons for this other than race, but I guess you've narrowed it down, detective.  :lol:   All other possible reasons have been eliminated, correct?  :rolleyes:

What the fck are you getting at. You picked one a point of minutia in my post and you've blown it up into a clown car conversation. You don't agree racism has small part in this schism? Good for fcking you. That doesn't change the fact that Lamar has outperformed Allen on every level and remains ranked behind him for arbitrary reasons. Speak to that, pal. Why don't you enlighten me. 

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

You hate Allen, so he is up high because of racism....

To quote a great man -- "just so you know, you're dead wrong on this"

I don't hate Allen. I had and do have a soft spot for him. As a 3rd-4th round QB, which is where his tape places him. So Fck you, you don't know me.

Cam Newton was rated by most as top QB in his draft, but he averted the incredibly racist ranking system and NFL personnel people.

Cam Newton was flirting with 2nd round at best this time of year during the draft season. It wasn't until much later than he ascended into round 1 talk, let alone top spot. 

So fck you, you don't know Cam.

Am I getting this ******* point right?

No, and you don't have a clue. At what point did i say - Allen is rated higher because Racism. I intimidated it's played a roll. You took that little point, that sentence that was all of four words, and you ran with it like a fool. 

Go back to the start. Tell me NoBowles... How has Allen earned a better grade than Jackson. How has Jackson not bested Allen in every department. Move past the racist stuff and lets stick to the controversy on player evaluation. 

#Can'tWait

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What the fck are you getting at. You picked one a point of minutia in my post and you've blown it up into a clown car conversation. You don't agree racism has small part in this schism? Good for fcking you. That doesn't change the fact that Lamar has outperformed Allen on every level and remains ranked behind him for arbitrary reasons. Speak to that, pal. Why don't you enlighten me. 

wow you are one angry dude today.  What's up man?  

All I was trying to do is figure out WHY you see the preference for Allen among the media as a racial issue.  So far, you've given no reasonable explanation other than you think Jackson is a better prospect and he happens to be black while Allen is white.  It makes NO sense.  You may call it minutia, but you surely raised the issue, not me.  On a huge message board such as this, you know damned well that everything you post is subject to scrutiny and questions.  If you didn't want the replies to that portion of your commentary, then you shouldn't have made the statement it in the first place.   Dude, you are the one turning it into a "clown show".  You made the statement.  Nobody else.  to not expect reaction to it is just naive.

Just now, Paradis said:

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Taking a shot at consensus here;

Jackson's reliance on his running ability is inherently dangerous for the NFL.  There's the week-to-week injury risk associated with taking that many hits regularly, and then there's the potential game-changing hit that affects how he could play in the future - what if an injury takes away his speed/explosiveness?  Can he change the way he plays the game and maintain high productivity?  

Allen played against inferior competition, never completed 60% of his throws and is often described as inconsistent, without reliable accuracy.  

I know I'd way rather have Jackson and I'm curious as to why Allen keeps getting rated/projected higher - racism, latent or otherwise, could be part of the explanation.  

Fair?

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Jackson's reliance on his running ability is inherently dangerous for the NFL.  There's the week-to-week injury risk associated with taking that many hits regularly, and then there's the potential game-changing hit that affects how he could play in the future - what if an injury takes away his speed/explosiveness?  Can he change the way he plays the game and maintain high productivity?  

Allen played against inferior competition, never completed 60% of his throws and is often described as inconsistent, without reliable accuracy.  

I know I'd way rather have Jackson and I'm curious as to why Allen keeps getting rated/projected higher - racism, latent or otherwise, could be part of the explanation.  

Fair?

yes.

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't hate Allen. I had and do have a soft spot for him. As a 3rd-4th round QB, which is where his tape places him. So Fck you, you don't know me.

Cam Newton was flirting with 2nd round at best this time of year during the draft season. It wasn't until much later than he ascended into round 1 talk, let alone top spot. 

So fck you, you don't know Cam.

No, and you don't have a clue. At what point did i say - Allen is rated higher because Racism. I intimidated it's played a roll. You took that little point, that sentence that was all of four words, and you ran with it like a fool. 

Go back to the start. Tell me NoBowles... How has Allen earned a better grade than Jackson. How has Jackson not bested Allen in every department. Move past the racist stuff and lets stick to the controversy on player evaluation. 

#Can'tWait

Ahh, now I see your point, I guess it is racism after all. Thanks for clearing that up for me. It was all the "fck you"s you threw at me that cleared it up. Good talk son.

Just now, NoBowles said:

Ahh, now I see your point, I guess it is racism after all. Thanks for clearing that up for me. It was all the "fck you"s you threw at me that cleared it up. Good talk son.

I think it's been a while since Paradis got laid.  He's frothing today.

Just now, Dcat said:

Someone find him some hot white woman! or a hot black woman! Or just a woman, doesn't even need to be hot!

(Im presuming he's straight, so I am sure the PC police will whack me in the nutz for this)

6 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Fair?

I'm also curious at to why idiots want to put him as a receiver in the NFL.

If Lamar should convert  to WR, then Josh Allen should be converted to H-Back or TE

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I hope it doesn't present that way. I'm not -- well a little right now, with fckos there who's insisting on being combative. I'm guilty of being part of this social thorn bush that is JN right now....  There's a stink on this board and honestly, amongst jet fans anywhere. Doesn't matter where you go, any venue. This QB situation has led to morale metastasizing into thunderdome behavior. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So how is Allen is better

I have never once said he is better, so not sure why your asking me that question.

For the record, I would not touch either guy in the first round, and I would be much more inclined to take Jackson in the 2nd than Allen in the 2nd, but Allen likely won't be available in the 2nd, neither will Jackson.

There have been plenty of QB's who were better college QB's than another who were projected, or did go lower than worser QB's in the drafts. 

I just don't think racism has anything at all to do with it, sorry.

Just now, NoBowles said:

I have never once said he is better, so not sure why your asking me that question.

For the record, I would not touch either guy in the first round, and I would be much more inclined to take Jackson in the 2nd than Allen in the 2nd, but Allen likely won't be available in the 2nd, neither will Jackson.

There have been plenty of QB's who were better college QB's than another who were projected, or did go lower than worser QB's in the drafts. 

I just don't think racism has anything at all to do with it, sorry.

Ok, lets try this a different way. I'm not asking what you would do... I'm asking, why is Allen, a candidate to go in the top 5, and Lamar isn't. 

5 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/16/josh-mccown-heads-into-free-agency-with-less-wear-and-tear-than-most-old-qbs/

McCown says he’s a smarter player than he was 10 years ago, and he thinks that makes him a better player than he was 10 years ago. McCown showed off some of those smarts in breaking down the upcoming class of rookie quarterbacks, talking particularly about how he thinks Louisville’s Lamar Jackson can develop from a great athlete to a great complete quarterback. It could make a lot of sense for some team to draft a quarterback and sign McCown to be that rookie’s veteran mentor.

Hmmmmmmm......

I am wishing very hard for Lamar Jackson at 6 and Josh McCown as the bridge or new QB coach.

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ok, lets try this a different way. I'm not asking what you would do... I'm asking, why is Allen, a candidate to go in the top 5, and Lamar isn't. 

Isn't the answer obvious? Because Allen is white and Lamar is black. Everyone knows that, duh.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

Isn't the answer obvious? Because Allen is white and Lamar is black. Everyone knows that, duh.

So that's your answer. After trying to debase me and my remarks - this how you're addressing the point i was speculating on.

Glad you're a jets fan.

Just now, Paradis said:

So after that's your answer. After trying to debase me and my remarks an host of reasons - this how you're addressing the point i was speculating on.

Glad you're a jets fan.

Hey, just trying to drop the "triggered neocon" label, you know, gotta go along to get along.....

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Watching a triggered neocon nuke the board in wild-eyed defense of Josh Allen’s prospect ranking (in February) is the most 2018 America thing I’ve seen all day. 

I swear to God, I would so love to debate politics with you, but know I would be banned in two seconds flat.

So why is Allen being ranked ahead of Lamar.

Because whomever is doing the ranking thinks he is a better NFL prospect.

Just like there have been some who think he is a better prospect than Darnold or Rosen, including Kiper. Mayock had him above everyone except for Darnold, including some whites like Rosen and Mayfield and Jackson. This is a bit mind blowing, but to the best of my knowledge, Rosen and Mayfield are NOT black, so unless he is a racist towards whites as well as blacks, its tough to find he racism in his Allen rankings.....

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Watching a triggered neocon nuke the board in wild-eyed defense of Josh Allen’s prospect ranking (in February) is the most 2018 America thing I’ve seen all day. 

Your honestly one of the scariest dudes I have come across. I really hope the FBI had tabs on you.

why

Im not a smart man, but I THINK you'd have to ask the rankers that question. 

I will ask you this however, Is Allen any whiter than Rosen or Mayfield?, or Darnold for that matter? Because if its racism leading Allen up the boards, and not something they like about Allen, why is he higher than Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield, who are white?

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Im not a smart man, but I THINK you'd have to ask the rankers that question. 

I will ask you this however, Is Allen any whiter than Rosen or Mayfield?, or Darnold for that matter? Because if its racism leading Allen up the boards, and not something they like about Allen, why is he higher than Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield, who are white?

Well Rosen, and Darnold are California boys so they might as well be black in terms of NFL thinking with QB’s lately.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I say a lot of it has to do with projection... the scouts/gm's/coaches feel that if they can coach up a player like Allen (only Allen not the entire offense) he would be a superstar, whereas they see Jackson, as I do, a scat back that plays the QB position... where they would have to restructure the entire offense just to suit his playing skill...  projection/economics/feasability...  just so many reasons to pick Allen over Jackson...  

ps- MAYFIELD IS MY GUY  :)

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

why

Because he has the prototype NFL skill-set, specifically (relative to Jackson) size. I mean, obviously Jackson was the better college quarterback but that's not what this is about. If the only thing that mattered was college performance Mayfield and Jackson would be 1-2 no question about it -- and Allen would be probably a late round pick. But that's not what it's about. It's about "projecting" these skills and for some reason NFL personnel guys get hard for the perfect physical package Allen represents.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Because he has the prototype NFL skill-set, specifically (relative to Jackson) size. I mean, obviously Jackson was the better college quarterback but that's not what this is about. If the only thing that mattered was college performance Mayfield and Jackson would be 1-2 no question about it -- and Allen would be probably a late round pick. But that's not what it's about. It's about "projecting" these skills and for some reason NFL personnel guys get hard for the perfect physical package Allen represents.

Oh sh*t, look, another triggered Neocon! Duck!

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I say a lot of it has to do with projection... the scouts/gm's/coaches feel that if they can coach up a player like Allen (only Allen not the entire offense) he would be a superstar, whereas they see Jackson, as I do, a scat back that plays the QB position... where they would have to restructure the entire offense just to suit his playing skill...  projection/economics/easability...  just so many reasons to pick Allen over Jackson...  

ps- MAYFIELD IS MY GUY  :)

Lamar Jackson would become the first player the Jets ever had since I’ve been a fan that is a guy with play making abilities that each time he has the ball in his hands on any given play from anywhere on the field that play could end up with 6 points for the Jets on the scoreboard, and it’s not just because he can run with it, but also make those plays happen through the air, AND he would touch the ball every single play unlike other insta playmakers who have this ability to put up 6 from anywhere on any play, but have to be given the ball somehow through somebody else, but not Lamar he would touch the ball on almost every play if not every play, and have that ability so where do I sign for him to be a Jet if Darnold, or Rosen are not possible!

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Lamar Jackson would become the first player the Jets ever had since I’ve been a fan that is a guy with play making abilities that each time he has the ball in his hands on any given play from anywhere on the field that play could end up with 6 points for the Jets on the scoreboard, and it’s not just because he can run with it, but also make those plays happen through the air, AND he would touch the ball every single play unlike other insta playmakers who have this ability to put up 6 from anywhere on any play, but have to be given the ball somehow through somebody else, but not Lamar he would touch the ball on almost every play if not every play, and have that ability so where do I sign for him to be a Jet if Darnold, or Rosen are not possible!

I completely agree up until the last sentence. I would have replaced it with, he also has the ability to get hurt every time he touches the ball based on his style of play, and its incredibly hard to do what he did in college in the NFL where everyone is significantly faster and bigger.

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I completely agree up until the last sentence. I would have replaced it with, he also has the ability to get hurt every time he touches the ball based on his style of play, and its incredibly hard to do what he did in college in the NFL where everyone is significantly faster and bigger.

I mean if you can show me proof where he has been injury prone, and/or takes on unnecessary hits like RGIII did sure, but I haven’t seen that with this kid, he is a much much much better, and dangerous runner then RGIII could ever dream of, and it’s said he is basically the perfect student of the game, and a coach’s dream off the field so I’d say he is smart enough to keep those hits away like he has in college, until I see otherwise.

Archived