T0mShane

Josh Allen   

176 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts on Josh Allen

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm intimately familiar with all 5 QBs. Allen has all the tools. The fact that he couldn't put it together and dominate against college kids is a very very bad sign. 

Then you know he more than an arm. If you don't like him that's cool but no need to play games 

Just now, Larz said:

Then you know he more than an arm. If you don't like him that's cool but no need to play games 

What is he? He certainly wasn't changing plays at the line of scrimmage to free up a receiver. He wasn't throwing timing patterns either. Take away the big arm and height and no one, not even you, are even talking about him.

6 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm all in for Josh Allen.

Darnold & Rosen would be my first and 2nd choices respectively.

I'd take Mayfield over Allen as the 3rd choice out of this QB crop....a 56% career completion percentage will not get it done on the NFL level.

It doesn't matter how strong your arm is if you can't put the ball in the right spot.

5 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Darnold & Rosen would be my first and 2nd choices respectively.

I'd take Mayfield over Allen as the 3rd choice out of this QB crop....a 56% career completion percentage will not get it done on the NFL level.

sh*t, I don't even think there is a conversation as to whether Mayfield or Allen is the 3d best QB in this draft. Frankly, I think the real debate is whether Allen or Jackson is the 4th best.

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

sh*t, I don't even think there is a conversation as to whether Mayfield or Allen is the 3d best QB in this draft. Frankly, I think the real debate is whether Allen or Jackson is the 4th best.

I'll buy that.

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

At this point we don't know if mccagnan traded up more because he worried that once Indy traded out there wouldn't be other partners, or because he decided he could live with only 3 qbs.  You have to figure that there are teams that won't have a first round grade on allen, jackson and maybe even mayfield.

36 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

What is he? He certainly wasn't changing plays at the line of scrimmage to free up a receiver. He wasn't throwing timing patterns either. Take away the big arm and height and no one, not even you, are even talking about him.

Why the games and hate? 

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Allen would give me the stiffest heartburn but look, like the **** if any of us know....but holy sh*t they better be right if it's Allen. And I'd feel bad for him before he even donned a uniform with the lack of leash he'd get here...including from me. 

Allen may very well be the 2015 Kristap Porzingis.  Look at how many people threw shades at him during the draft due to his lack of production and raw talent along with us passing on better collegiate players. 

13 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Allen would give me the stiffest heartburn but look, like the **** if any of us know....but holy sh*t they better be right if it's Allen. And I'd feel bad for him before he even donned a uniform with the lack of leash he'd get here...including from me. 

Fair or not, he’d be seen as a continuation of Hackenberg. 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Why the games and hate? 

Huh? Games and hate because I think Allen is the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft? If the Jets stayed at 6 and the top 3 QBs were off the board, I wouldn't blame the Jets for selecting Allen. But, anyone who thinks he's not a big uncertain project is fooling themself. 

The fact of the matter is this - The Jets traded up to one spot short of where they needed to be in order to guarantee getting one of the Top 2 QB prospects.  IF Rosen and Darnold are both gone at 3 then the Jets have given up a lot in order to take a 50/50 crack at whether an inaccurate QB can defy the odds can be developed by the Jets organization OR if a 6' 3/8" (that's three-eighths) can become the most successful sub-6'1" QB in NFL history.

I'm not criticizing the Jets for moving up but they've essentially done it for a much less than sure thing.

I REALLY hope one of those Top 2 guys gets to 3 but it could come down to whether they want Captain Inaccurate or Shorty McShortenstein.  

4 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Allen may very well be the 2015 Kristap Porzingis.  Look at how many people threw shades at him during the draft due to his lack of production and raw talent along with us passing on better collegiate players. 

Porzingis didn't fail to produce in his league? Your comparison makes no sense. And he was 19!

50 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Will someone please explain to me why Allen's "tools" make him a candidate for the #3 pick, but Lamar Jackson's do not?

Allen's tools include an elite arm which is huge for a QB while Jackson tools make him an elite runner which is huge for a wide receiver. 

Jackson is my pick for fantasy stud in year one followed by quick decline when his skinny frame takes a beating and he slowly fades away.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaoo at the people comparing this kid to hackenberg that’s a very lazy take.  He does everything better than hackenberg coming out 

Hack is a pure pocket passer. Allen has wheels. I bet he runs in the 4.6 at his pro day. Look at how many sacks he evaded Big Ben style when dropping back. On the other hand Jack got smoked as his statue pocket style just let to sack after sack when everyone was covered.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Allen's tools include an elite arm which is huge for a QB while Jackson tools make him an elite runner which is huge for a wide receiver. 

Jackson is my pick for fantasy stud in year one followed by quick decline when his skinny frame takes a beating and he slowly fades away.

They both have strong arms. An elite arm is an accurate arm. Neither has an elite arm. Even when adjusted for drops, Jackson has a higher completion percentage.

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Porzingis didn't fail to produce in his league? Your comparison makes no sense.

I don't know what you comprehended, as I cleary stated 2015 Porzingis which is the year he was drafted and Knicks fans were vex after the selection. Probably  just go over the original post again.

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

Then he isnt picking a guy from a gimmicky spread offense

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This. I just don't know why some posters are so convinced an undersized QB with possible attitude issues is the bigger lock. 

I think they're both question marks with huge upside. In the end, we just have to hope we pick the right one.

Just now, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I don't know what you comprehended, as I cleary stated 2015 Porzingis which is the year he was drafted and Knicks fans were vex after the selection. Probably  just go over the original post again.

Who cares about the fans. Porzingis play in Europe showed he could produce. He, unlike Allen, used his tools to be productive.

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The fact of the matter is this - The Jets traded up to one spot short of where they needed to be in order to guarantee getting one of the Top 2 QB prospects.  IF Rosen and Darnold are both gone at 3 then the Jets have given up a lot in order to take a 50/50 crack at whether an inaccurate QB can defy the odds can be developed by the Jets organization OR if a 6' 3/8" (that's three-eighths) can become the most successful sub-6'1" QB in NFL history.

I'm not criticizing the Jets for moving up but they've essentially done it for a much less than sure thing.

I REALLY hope one of those Top 2 guys gets to 3 but it could come down to whether they want Captain Inaccurate or Shorty McShortenstein.  

None of them are a sure thing. Darnold and Rosen both looked shaky at times.  Is it possible for Allen to make skeptics change their mind at his pro day? 

They both have strong arms. An elite arm is an accurate arm. Neither has an elite arm. Even when adjusted for drops, Jackson has a higher completion percentage.

That's like saying two pitching prospects have a strong arm when one has an 85mph fastball and the other throws 95. 

Allen arm is significantly better than Jackson. Whether it is more or less accurate is something we'll find out.

This thread is one of many on the board right now indicating that we've all gone batsh!t crazy with 5 weeks still to go before the Draft.  When we start looking to Bates' hikes from Mexico to Canada and comparisons to Kristaps Porzingis I think it's time we all slowly step back from the keyboards.

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain what makes Allen special other than his height and arm strength.

If you’re right and Allen isn’t a good QB... Why do guys who evaluate college football players for a living value him so highly? 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's like saying two pitching prospects have a strong arm when one has an 85mph fastball and the other throws 95. 

Allen arm is significantly better than Jackson. Whether it is more or less accurate is something we'll find out.

More like Allen has a 103 mph fastball and Jackson is at 98.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-rankings-accuracy-arm-strength-and-everything-to-know-about-qbs/

Sorry, too long to copy and paste on my phone. Please note how often Allen is ranked 6th or not at all in categories.

10 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Who cares about the fans. Porzingis play in Europe showed he could produce. He, unlike Allen, used his tools to be productive.

Thx for admitting you read into that wrong. Who cares about the fans? Reply to the person I quoted and not me. As for Porzingis production in the ACB league it wasn't that impressive as he played in the B division. But if you looked past the numbers and more so the physical intangibles to succeed in the league and it was worth the gamble.

More like Allen has a 103 mph fastball and Jackson is at 98.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-rankings-accuracy-arm-strength-and-everything-to-know-about-qbs/

Sorry, too long to copy and paste on my phone. Please note how often Allen is ranked 6th or not at all in categories.

Based on this article me we should be drafting Mason Rudolph 

10 minutes ago, Jazy8ball said:

None of them are a sure thing. Darnold and Rosen both looked shaky at times.  Is it possible for Allen to make skeptics change their mind at his pro day? 

Possible?  Sure.  If some people are on the fence and his Pro Day and private workouts are designed to force him to confront his weaknesses then I'd say some open-minded people could be persuaded.  But who knows?

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

After Darnold and Rosen go one, two the jets are going to draft a slightly better version of christian hackenburg except instead of using the 51st pick in the draft we will be using the 3rd pick in the draft and tossing in three 2nd rounders to boot.

At least Josh can hit the ocean. 

Archived