Anyone Else Feeling Schitzo ??

Dunnie

On 3/21/2018 at 2:44 PM, FidelioJet said:

This order - but yes, mine does keep changing!

Darnold should be the first pick

Mayfield will be the best pro.  He should be our pick...

Allen - will always be innacurate

Rosen wll spend more time injured than healthy - He's the one guy we should stay completely away from - but I get the feeling he's going to be the pick.  So many red flags here.

Darnold should be the first pick

Barkley should be the second pick

Rosen should be the third pick ... because of injury concerns (otherwise he'd be first)

Chubb should be the fourth pick ... only because JETS need a QB otherwise 3rd

Bills will take Mayfield or Allen ... I  would like to see Mayfield to the Jets ... but the measurables and antics are too risky or McCag.

On 3/21/2018 at 2:14 PM, afjetsfan said:

I think the biggest issue with the Jets right now isn't who they draft but rather the team as a whole.  Other than our secondary, we don't have a very good team and it's not even close.  Any rookie QB would be quickly overwhelmed.

See I disagree, I don't think we are that far off. It's amazing what good QB play can do, not that McCown was bad last year but he certainly had more than enough to work with weapon wise and we have only gotten better in that area. I can't see how our running game could get any worse than it was. IMO Center and RB were both upgraded from where we were and Winters played with a torn muscle since week 2 so OL play should be better.

We have a vet QB who doesn't need to rush the rookie in and we have a young QB to compete with in camp in a Bridgewater. With any rookie there is going to be a learning curve but this is probably the best situation we have had in a long time.

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

This is mind boggling. I only know who I do not want:  Bowles---and very possibly, Macc

Between these two - Bowles is the least preferable? 

Am I the only one willing to note that the Jets have gotten more out of the QB position under Bowles (and McGM) than they have in almost 20 years? Is it not relevant as we bitch and moan all offseason about the QB position PLUS they're in position to take one of the three in a three QB draft that is a decade++ younger than what they've put on the field? 

On 3/21/2018 at 11:37 AM, Stark said:

Rosen has been my 1st choice slightly ahead of 

Darnold my 2nd choice, mostly due to the early season play fumbles etc...

I have only grown more disliking to Allen, probably because Rich Eisen, Mayock and other combine reporters and senior bowl reporters are on his d!ck because he has a strong arm, I mean wow look at that thing.... but they then say he is horribly inacurate and inconsistent which is true and has been true every season for him. Also the "well he is working with Jordan Palmer on his footwork and getting more accurate. Working with Palmer is overrated, I mean see example A: Hackenberg. Hack has worked with him every year and is still hot garbage. Also take into consideration that once games start and "bullets are flying" all this "changing of footwork" is going to go out the window it almost always does. It is easy to improve on 1 thing when that is all you are concentrating on, but once there is pressure you are going to revert to your natural tendencies. Another think... pay more attention to tape than the damn against air workouts. Allen is not an anticipatory thrower, he is a see it and fire it thrower because of his god given gift. This is my major concern with him. his completion % is not good against low completition, it gets worse against decent competition. What do you think is going to happen when top quality players and defensive schemes are on the field. I wouldn't expect him to all of a sudden be a 60+% completion guy. These are the reasons I do not want the JETS touching this kid, oh yeah, there is also the "deer in headlights" look he gets when facing tougher teams or pressure situations.

Mayfield... I love his tenacity, moxy, fiery personality... i don't know that I would have loved picking him at 6, don't like the idea at 3.... I could have lived with it at 6, so I guess I could live with it at 3. but i would say between Allen and Mayfield I'd take mayfield. 

Yep. Basically, that's what many people are thinking (and many probably grows to most people if you're the fan of a team that's had it up to here with bust QBs, who are the ones really worried about whiffing, which excludes Eisen/Mayock types that bear no responsibility for such an oops).

Yeah sure he could be awesome if he puts it all together, but you don't take a project QB with footwork/accuracy issues #3 in the country when there's at least one non-project, non-reach QB on the board. 

We need a good QB to win a SB. Having the superduperstrongerest arm of this bunch doesn't hurt any, but it doesn't trump a QB with consistent accuracy, good feel for the game, solid mechanics, and an arm that's plenty strong enough. Not to mention these kids don't reach peak arm strength before/at the combine prior to their draft day anyway.

37 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Between these two - Bowles is the least preferable? 

Am I the only one willing to note that the Jets have gotten more out of the QB position under Bowles (and McGM) than they have in almost 20 years? Is it not relevant as we bitch and moan all offseason about the QB position PLUS they're in position to take one of the three in a three QB draft that is a decade++ younger than what they've put on the field? 

I think having a good coach on game day is vital.  I think head coach and GM are both important.  But having a clueless HC undoes a team more than a half assed GM

On 3/21/2018 at 2:36 PM, Flushing Roots said:

I honestly think we can't 'eff this up.

Raw math proves it.  We need a QB.  There are 4 available and we pick 3rd.

At worst there will be 2 to choose from when its our turn.

If it's Allen or Mayfield, I just hope we go Mayfield.

But the x variable is Mac.  He could easily pick Chubbs without blinking an eye.

Archived