### The Official Round One - 2018 NFL Draft Thread ###

Maxman

21 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I watched lots of Rosen's games this year.  They better build a wall of All Pros in front of him on their Oline.

Not that athletic, at least for what you have to be at the NFL level, also, surprisingly, not that accurate, even with a  clean pocket (which was rare).  I don't see him winning anything.  I realize that he was in a horrible situation this year with personnel and a coach almost as unprepared as Bowles, but I see AZ having to draft a QB in a few years.

So you've decided already about Rosen. I'm curious what you thought of Darnold's year, and his future? 

I happen to think Rosen will have a bigger season next year then Darnold, Allen or Jackson due to playing in Klingsbury's offense.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

So you've decided already about Rosen. I'm curious what you thought of Darnold's year, and his future? 

I happen to think Rosen will have a bigger season next year then Darnold, Allen or Jackson due to playing in Klingsbury's offense.

Yeah I’ve already decided about Rosen, in the same way I decided about Sanchez very quickly, and that’s with Rosen have better attributes to play QB than Sanchez....but not enough at the NFL level.

I’ve already stated what I thought about Darnold’s  year.  When the “light when on” for him he showed why Tony Romo projected him to be the “future best QB in the NFL...the next Peyton Manning” prior to last season starting.  Darnold hit throws Rosen never did.  He made plays in the almost the exact situation Rosen found himself in and couldn’t.  Did you actually see much of Rosen’s play?  Like I said before...I did.

The terrible supporting cast for BOTH QBs, and terrible coaching was nearly identical, although with David Johnson, Fitzgerald and Kirk you could even say Rosen was blessed with more talent.  The big difference is Darnold was able to make something out of nothing, throw dimes to receivers with virtually no separation whereas as Rosen couldn’t handle any situation while under duress, which was often.

No way does Rosen have a better year than Darnold next year or ever.  I couldn’t say that if incompetent Bowles were still around holding Darnold back, but that’s not the case.

Bottom line, Darnold is dangerous even with no team around him due to superior athleticism, arm strength that can make any throw from any angle, and incredible “spatial perception” as Romo alluded to.....whereas EVERYTHING has to be perfect for Rosen to move the ball.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

It's amazing (though i shouldn't be surprised) how many people have "written off" Rosen. He's not worth a 1st? That's laughable, of course he is. A 1st rnd QB (not known for his scrambling ability) -- who played in an even worse offense than the Jets -- struggled?  omg, call in the beat writers. 

Jets fans are some the worst for needing to validate ourselves through the detriment of others. 

Did you see Rosen play?  I saw every snap he took last year, and less than desirable supporting talent and awful coaching aside I didn’t like what I saw from him at all.

I’m not trying to put him down to validate or prop up anything Jets.  I actually wanted Rosen to be drafted by the Jets at 3 if Darnold and Mayfield went 1-2 which was unlikely because I didn’t see the Giants taking Mayfield over Barkley, but in the event that did occur, I wanted Rosen because I knew Maccagnan HAD to bring in a QB last year to save his job, so as great as Barkley is I didn’t see the Jets drafting him.  It was going to be QB and only a QB.

Im just saying, my feelings changed dramatically after actually seeing him play and am ecstatic the Jets have Darnold and didn’t wind up with Rosen.

There’s nothing laughable about thinking AZ wouldn’t get a 1st in return if they tried to trade Rosen.  If you actually watched his play last year you’d understand.

13 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Did you see Rosen play?  I saw every snap he took last year, and less than desirable supporting talent and awful coaching aside I didn’t like what I saw from him at all.

I’m not trying to put him down to validate or prop up anything Jets.  I actually wanted Rosen to be drafted by the Jets at 3 if Darnold and Mayfield went 1-2 which was unlikely because I didn’t see the Giants taking Mayfield over Barkley, but in the event that did occur, I wanted Rosen because I knew Maccagnan HAD to bring in a QB last year to save his job, so as great as Barkley is I didn’t see the Jets drafting him.  It was going to be QB and only a QB.

Im just saying, my feelings changed dramatically after actually seeing him play and am ecstatic the Jets have Darnold and didn’t wind up with Rosen.

There’s nothing laughable about thinking AZ wouldn’t get a 1st in return if they tried to trade Rosen.  If you actually watched his play last year you’d understand.

Fair enough, i disagree. 

Goff looked e after year. that worked out ok.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:17 AM, Gas2No99 said:

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

No fewer than 12 former Jets, including four draft choices, made the final 52-man rosters for the Alliance of American Football, a developmental league that kicks off Feb. 9. The former Jets picks are QB Christian Hackenberg, CB Dexter McDougle, LB Dylan Donahue and LB Trevor Reilly. Other ex-Jets are K Nick Folk, QB Matt Simms, WR Jalin Marshall and RB Zac Stacy.

:lol: Mac the Knife b/c ALL his picks GET CUT!

Whichever team Matt Simms is on is my team.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Fair enough, i disagree. 

Goff looked e after year. that worked out ok.

Fine with me.  We agree to disagree.  I could be wrong, but I don’t think so after what I saw.

You’re right about Goff, shows how incredibly critical good coaching is, although he was taken to school tonight....when it mattered most.  He might never be back in the big game.

Goff has great talent all around him too.  I’ll take Darnold over Goff any day of the week.

• 1 month later...

Crazy to look back at this and see so much Rosen love and Sam hate. Honestly though if you have time today read through some of these pages the responses are hilarious. My personal favorite was right before the pick someone posted "I need a klonopin" I about fell outta my chair lmfao Jets get on the clock around page 10

Crazy to look back at this and see so much Rosen love and Sam hate. Honestly though if you have time today read through some of these pages the responses are hilarious. My personal favorite was right before the pick someone posted "I need a klonopin" I about fell outta my chair lmfao Jets get on the clock around page 10

This is great to do.
We have some of the best Jets minds in the world on this board, but thread histories like this show why it’s a good idea not to get all fired up about the big issues of the day.
There are a lot of really bad opinions here as well. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is great to do.
We have some of the best Jets minds in the world on this board, but thread histories like this show why it’s a good idea not to get all fired up about the big issues of the day.
There are a lot of really bad opinions here as well. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Absolutely. So much panick and a year later idt there's one person on this board who would take Rosen over Sam. 

47 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I am so thankful I was out draft night.  Watching on my phone but couldn't post my idiotic thoughts in that thread.  It really is an historical record of mass dumbassery LOL.  

I'm an idiot, I wanted Rosen.   I wanted no part of Sam with all of his turnovers.  

My #1 was always Baker, and with what he has now, I think he puts up 4500 yards and 30+ TDs in his second year, easy.

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

You’re welcome.

Archived