### The Official Round One - 2018 NFL Draft Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I go out my way not to give Belicheat credit, but even I have to laugh at that statement. The bottom 3rd? That's the same 3rd that we're in. This is a guy who's drafted 2 franchise QB's, a legit pass rusher, numerous Linebackers, Found a no name CB who in one play because a SB legend and ultimately a pro bowler and drafted numerous legit lineman from Logan Mankins to Cameron Fleming to Nate Solder, Drafted Gronk and basically gave away Jamie Collins. 

Dude isnt the best GM, but saying he's in the bottom 1/3 is a joke. 

Look at his draft history over the last decade.

The media blows him for all of the trade downs and “manipulating the draft” and then damn near half of his picks don’t even end up making the f*cking roster.

You can’t tell me that the Pats wouldn’t be in better shape if they actually moved UP in the draft using all of that capital and surrounding Brady with legit weapons other than Gronkowski instead of adding a bunch of Duron Harmon’s, Dominique Easley’s and Ras-I Dowling’s to the roster.

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Bone on bone is NOT good . Ouch

I don't know about that.  I once romped with a girl in Hua Hin who had quite the pronounced tailbone.  Bone on bone was very OK.  You just need to be a bit of a contortionist.

1 minute ago, Il Mostro said:

I don't know about that.  I once romped with a girl in Hua Hin who had quite the pronounced tailbone.  Bone on bone was very OK.  You just need to be a bit of a contortionist.

No I was talking about the kn.......OH! ! ! Nevermind

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Look at his draft history over the last decade.

The media blows him for all of the trade downs and “manipulating the draft” and then damn near half of his picks don’t even end up making the f*cking roster.

You can’t tell me that the Pats wouldn’t be in better shape if they actually moved UP in the draft using all of that capital and surrounding Brady with legit weapons other than Gronkowski instead of adding a bunch of Duron Harmon’s, Dominique Easley’s and Ras-I Dowling’s to the roster.

His draft history over the past decade. 

Jerod Mayo

Rob Gronkowski

Jimmy Garappolo

Devin McCourtey

Malcolm Butler

Nate Solder

Dont'a Hightower

Chandler Jones

Jamie Collins

Cameron Fleming

Shaq mason

You can put that up against the bottom 3rd of the GM's in the league and I promise you....he outperformed the bottom 3rd. The Media keeps Belicheats balls in their mouth, im not denying that. Everything he does they call it "genius". But as a GM he's done a damn good job. He's found two franchise QB's outside of the first round. The Jets, a team in that bottom 3rd havent found a franchise QB since 1965. 

3 minutes ago, King P said:

Penny over Guice?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No sh*t.

You could insert 3-4 names there. 

I don't mind Penny, but he is the next Terrence West. Serviceable, but doesn't possess the natural vision and mobility to put him into round 1-2. Ridiculous. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

His draft history over the past decade. 

Jerod Mayo

Rob Gronkowski

Jimmy Garappolo

Devin McCourtey

Malcolm Butler

Nate Solder

Dont'a Hightower

Chandler Jones

Jamie Collins

Cameron Fleming

Shaq mason

You can put that up against the bottom 3rd of the GM's in the league and I promise you....he outperformed the bottom 3rd. The Media keeps Belicheats balls in their mouth, im not denying that. Everything he does they call it "genius". But as a GM he's done a damn good job. He's found two franchise QB's outside of the first round. The Jets, a team in that bottom 3rd havent found a franchise QB since 1965. 

What a cherry picking piece of work

The Chad Jacksons of NE's skeleton closet are just as long, if not longer

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

No sh*t.

You could insert 3-4 names there. 

I don't mind Penny, but he is the next Terrence West. Serviceable, but doesn't possess the natural vision and mobility to put him into round 1-2. Ridiculous. 

I originally wanted to put more names on there (Michel, Chubb, Freeman) but I didn't wanna pile on him because I do like Penny.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What a cherry picking piece of work

The Chad Jacksons of NE's skeleton closet are just as long, if not longer

You have everything from solid starters to pro bowlers to all pros to future hall of famers on that list. 

It is what it is man. 

Go look at the last 10 years for the Jets and you'll see what a bottom 3rd in GM picks looks like. 

Just now, King P said:

I originally wanted to put more names on there (Michel, Chubb, Freeman) but I didn't wanna pile on him because I do like Penny.

Sure, who doesn't? He's a decent back, who is best used as #2. A Powell if you will... but Guice? Jones... Chubb? Cmon.

6 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

This guy is explosive. The Army Coach who has been in football for many years said this player was the most amazing running back he has ever seen. 

Guys as dynamic as Penny translate well to the NFL.  Hunt is a good example of this.  

Just now, Il Mostro said:

Guys as dynamic as Penny translate well to the NFL.  Hunt is a good example of this.  

respectfully disagree. The very things that made Hunt special, are the things that Penny lacks IMO. 

Archived