### The Official Round One - 2018 NFL Draft Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, Il Mostro said:

Guys as dynamic as Penny translate well to the NFL.  Hunt is a good example of this.  

I watched Hunt in the Mac and i like him a lot but Penny has another gear on him. The Bowl game against a good Army team he just ran rabid on them !!!    

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

How the hell has no team drafted Lamar yet? 

Because he is very inaccurate with his throws. This is not College. You won't be running all the time and not get caught. Vick tried and got injured.  Vince Young tried and we seen where that went. You got to have some kind of accuracy. He needs a lot of work and will get drafted in the 2nd round. 

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Because he is very inaccurate with his throws. This is not College. You won't be running all the time and not get caught. Vick tried and got injured.  Vince Young tried and we seen where that went. You got to have some kind of accuracy. 

He can throw accurately, need to correct his base and footwork, but his talent is too good to pass on him for these later teams. He doesn't need to be that accurate either since the kid is so fast.

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

His draft history over the past decade. 

Jerod Mayo

Rob Gronkowski

Jimmy Garappolo

Devin McCourtey

Malcolm Butler

Nate Solder

Dont'a Hightower

Chandler Jones

Jamie Collins

Cameron Fleming

Shaq mason

You can put that up against the bottom 3rd of the GM's in the league and I promise you....he outperformed the bottom 3rd. The Media keeps Belicheats balls in their mouth, im not denying that. Everything he does they call it "genius". But as a GM he's done a damn good job. He's found two franchise QB's outside of the first round. The Jets, a team in that bottom 3rd havent found a franchise QB since 1965. 

Forgot about Jones and McCourtney, but are we honestly throwing guys like Mason and Fleming into the conversation?

Mayo has been out of football for a while now, Garoppolo has only started 7 games in his career, etc.

Collins has been a straight up bust since going to Cleveland, Solder is a solid LT but probably 4th best at his position in the NFC East...

Basically you have Gronk, Jones (who they didn’t think enough of to keep, even though he’s a monster), McCourty and Hightower as their big hits over the last 10 years. Despite averaging around 9-10 picks in every draft.

Fantastic coach, completely mediocre GM.

So I know this thread has long passed the Darnold discussion, but I couldn't post during the draft extensively, and damn it I feel like sharing my thoughts.

I shared my concerns with Darnold many times.  No need to rehash that.  

The bottom line, whether he was my favorite or not, he's without question the best QB prospect the Jets have had in my 30 years or so as a fan.  He was widely considered the #1 QB prospect in this draft.  Those things are enough for me to come away from tonight happy and optimistic.

Archived