### The Official Round One - 2018 NFL Draft Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I like Wynn but Jesus...

Belichick may very well be the greatest coach of all-time, but when are these dummies in the media going to stop blowing him as a GM?

He’s easily bottom 1/3 in the league in that department.

Bellichick is good at FA and coaching. 

He tries by design to outsmart himself at drafting.

His plan works. 

41 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Josh Rosen

Weaknesses:

• Durability
  • Has had at least one concussion
  • Has had shoulder, hand injuries
  • Poor intangibles
  • Questionable leadership traits
  • Quality of teammate
  • Different personality; could clash with teammates and coaches
  • Could have problems with the media

•  
  •  
  •  

Except his intangibles are off the chart. Look I’m happy with who we got but that’s one thing that is false.

56 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Josh Rosen

Weaknesses:

• Durability
  • Has had at least one concussion
  • Has had shoulder, hand injuries
  • Poor intangibles
  • Questionable leadership traits
  • Quality of teammate
  • Different personality; could clash with teammates and coaches
  • Could have problems with the media

•  
  •  
  •  

Josh Rosen is a great athlete and could be a great NFL QB, possibly better than Darnold .

But adjusting for all factors, he was behind Darnold on the board.  It could have worked out differently, and I would have been fine. 

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Nailed it. 

If Darnold was there, Rosen was not the pick for this team.  It was not to be.

The Jets want a QB who can move.  They are not running an drop back offense with the coaches and GM that they currently have.

That we ended up with Darnold and not Allen is a fantastic thing.  I would rather have Darnold over Mayfield, slightly.

I'm very happy Rosen is not in the division, as he was number one on my wish list. But part of me also thought it'd be really cool to watch Darnold-Rosen duels twice a year for the next decade. 

All things considered, this was a wonderful draft night for the Jets and a bad night for Miami and Buffalo.

8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I'm very happy Rosen is not in the division, as he was number one on my wish list. But part of me also thought it'd be really cool to watch Darnold-Rosen duels twice a year for the next decade. 

All things considered, this was a wonderful draft night for the Jets and a bad night for Miami and Buffalo.

Miami getting Fitzpatrick wasn’t bad. He’s good player. 

Bills got Trumaine Edmunds..my favorite edge rusher.

Patriots grabbed the Sony Michel/Isaiah Wynn duo.

i think the division played the draft pretty well besides the Bills grabbing Allen over Rosen lol..that is a blessing for us though.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Miami getting Fitzpatrick wasn’t bad. He’s good player. 

Bills got Trumaine Edmunds..my favorite edge rusher.

Patriots grabbed the Sony Michel/Isaiah Wynn duo.

i think the division played the draft pretty well besides the Bills grabbing Allen over Rosen lol..that is a blessing for us though.

Allen is terrible, so I'm glad Buffalo picked him.

And Miami still has an oft-injured, oft-mediocre Tannehill. 

That's all I'm saying. 

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Allen is terrible, so I'm glad Buffalo picked him.

And Miami still has an oft-injured, oft-mediocre Tannehill. 

That's all I'm saying. 

Oh no I agree man. I just hope Sam can become the next dominate QB in the league because the division is soon to be wide open

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Oh no I agree man. I just hope Sam can become the next dominate QB in the league because the division is soon to be wide open

The cherry on top of Allen/Tannehill being our competition for the foreseeable future is that the Pats gave away Jimmy G. for peanuts. Things are looking good, for once. 

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bump for entertainment 

I can't believe the number of people that were clamoring for Rosen over Darnold once the Jets were on the board... holy crap.  That's not even a hindsight thing, just surprising considering how widely Darnold was considered #1 going into the draft.

I won't lie, I was a big Rosen fan this time last year, but it seemed so matter-of-fact what they needed to do once Darnold was on the board.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I can't believe the number of people that were clamoring for Rosen over Darnold once the Jets were on the board... holy crap.  That's not even a hindsight thing, just surprising considering how widely Darnold was considered #1 going into the draft.

I won't lie, I was a big Rosen fan this time last year, but it seemed so matter-of-fact what they needed to do once Darnold was on the board.

I think a lot of us fell into the, Darnold wont be available category which created the clamoring for Rosen.  What I didnt realize, is the amount of people who were still butt hurt about getting Darnold over Rosen.  Crazy.  I was ecstatic we landed Darnold, just never thought we had a chance at Darnold.

I was going through the motions of getting good with selecting Baker Mayfield.  And I finally landed there but the Browns helped me out.  lol  Not saying they got it wrong, the kid looks great.  I just hate his guts out. 

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I was huuuuuge on Rosen. His throwing motion, footwork, pro style offense, etc made me love him as a prospect. 

I think we really loved him because he was the total opposite of the QB’s we’ve drafted before. None of them were “pro ready”, none of them were that polished as a pure passer so we wanted the guy that gave us comfort in not turning out like his opposites.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

What I didnt realize, is the amount of people who were still butt hurt about getting Darnold over Rosen.  Crazy.  I was ecstatic we landed Darnold, just never thought we had a chance at Darnold.

I hear you. People were going crazy. I was disappointed for about 10 minutes and then I realized that we got the consensus best prospect.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I hear you. People were going crazy. I was disappointed for about 10 minutes and then I realized that we got the consensus best prospect.

I figured there was a 0% chance he fell to the Jets.  When he did, I remember someone tagging me assuming I'd be upset and I really couldnt have been happier.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I figured there was a 0% chance he fell to the Jets.  When he did, I remember someone tagging me assuming I'd be upset and I really couldnt have been happier.

The Jets did good on this one with luck that they were given. most importantly, it was something like picking a QB for the next 12-15 years after giving up three 2nd round picks.  No pressure lol.

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Jets did good on this one with luck that they were given. most importantly, it was something like picking a QB for the next 12-15 years after giving up three 2nd round picks.  No pressure lol.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

And it's hard to get it right.  Not everyone has my success hit ratio in the draft.  It tough business. 

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

No fewer than 12 former Jets, including four draft choices, made the final 52-man rosters for the Alliance of American Football, a developmental league that kicks off Feb. 9. The former Jets picks are QB Christian Hackenberg, CB Dexter McDougle, LB Dylan Donahue and LB Trevor Reilly. Other ex-Jets are K Nick Folk, QB Matt Simms, WR Jalin Marshall and RB Zac Stacy.

:lol: Mac the Knife b/c ALL his picks GET CUT!

On 2/1/2019 at 8:55 AM, Patriot Killa said:

I was huuuuuge on Rosen. His throwing motion, footwork, pro style offense, etc made me love him as a prospect. 

I think we really loved him because he was the total opposite of the QB’s we’ve drafted before. None of them were “pro ready”, none of them were that polished as a pure passer so we wanted the guy that gave us comfort in not turning out like his opposites.

I watched lots of Rosen's games this year.  They better build a wall of All Pros in front of him on their Oline.

Not that athletic, at least for what you have to be at the NFL level, also, surprisingly, not that accurate, even with a  clean pocket (which was rare).  I don't see him winning anything.  I realize that he was in a horrible situation this year with personnel and a coach almost as unprepared as Bowles, but I see AZ having to draft a QB in a few years.

19 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I watched lots of Rosen's games this year.  They better build a wall of All Pros in front of him on their Oline.

Not that athletic, at least for what you have to be at the NFL level, also, surprisingly, not that accurate, even with a  clean pocket (which was rare).  I don't see him winning anything.  I realize that he was in a horrible situation this year with personnel and a coach almost as unprepared as Bowles, but I see AZ having to draft a QB in a few years.

There are rumors Kingsbury want Murray as their QB, so it would be interesting to see if they did that and what Rosen would fetch in a trade.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

There are rumors Kingsbury want Murray as their QB, so it would be interesting to see if they did that and what Rosen would fetch in a trade.

That would be great for the Jets if this is true, and I wouldn’t be surprised.  No way do they get a 1 back for Rosen.  He’ll be the quintessential “draft QB in 1st, waste 5 years hoping he’ll get good” I think.  But you know how political it gets, GM admits to busting on a 1st Rd QB pick early it’s usually his job, unless his name is Elway.  To show how awful the face saving can get Sanchez was actually given an extension when he could rarely throw for more than 200 yards in a game.

Kingsbury had nothing to do with drafting Rosen and might be able to sell them that he can’t do what his offense wants.

6 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

That would be great for the Jets if this is true, and I wouldn’t be surprised.  No way do they get a 1 back for Rosen.  He’ll be the quintessential “draft QB in 1st, waste 5 years hoping he’ll get good” I think.  But you know how political it gets, GM admits to busting on a 1st Rd QB pick early it’s usually his job, unless his name is Elway.  To show how awful the face saving can get Sanchez was actually given an extension when he could rarely throw for more than 200 yards in a game.

Kingsbury had nothing to do with drafting Rosen and might be able to sell them that he can’t do what his offense wants.

It's amazing (though i shouldn't be surprised) how many people have "written off" Rosen. He's not worth a 1st? That's laughable, of course he is. A 1st rnd QB (not known for his scrambling ability) -- who played in an even worse offense than the Jets -- struggled?  omg, call in the beat writers. 

Jets fans are some the worst for needing to validate ourselves through the detriment of others. 

Archived