Long old off season, OTA dates.

BurnleyJet

Finally, the light at the end of the long 2017 Jets tunnel. Soon the warm sunshine of hope will surround me for the 1st time in 10 years. 

Bowles...... don’t screw it up!?

Thanks for the info. Any idea which are open to the public?

2 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Are rookies involved in OTA? Or is there some rule that they have to stay away until training camp or at least end of school year?

Rookies cannot attend OTA until after their school's final exams.  I don't think that will be an issue for Darnold, since USC graduation was this weekend.  He should be good to go.

Edit:  Rule changed this year -- all rookies can now attend OTAs.

34 minutes ago, Lith said:

Rookies cannot attend OTA until after their school's final exams.  I don't think that will be an issue for Darnold, since USC graduation was this weekend.  He should be good to go.

I thought they were going to change that after the fiasco with Stanford's draftees last year ?

35 minutes ago, Lith said:

At his graduation he handed USC a diploma. 

Just now, Thai Jet said:

I thought they were going to change that after the fiasco with Stanford's draftees last year ?

You are right.  I just read that they changed the rule for this year.

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I wasn't sure. I'm glad because it's unfair to those kids and they have no control over it.

I remember Gholston being affected by this rule. Not that it would have made much difference........

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I had so much hope for him but he was a total bust.

I've always thought he is the biggest Jets bust ever given where is was taken and his actual production which was about zero.

6 minutes ago, billo83 said:

I've always thought he is the biggest Jets bust ever given where is was taken and his actual production which was about zero.

You'll get no argument from me. Goes to show that the draft is a huge crap shoot.

11 minutes ago, billo83 said:

6th overall, got in the field, did nothing.

Gack should thank him, if not for Gholston, then the 2nd rounder that never played a snap and never got hurt would be the obvious kick for biggest bust.

Archived