Brett Favre says he used to take a month's worth of painkillers in 2 days

joewilly12

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Hi no still wrong and dumb. Next time try google.

Pride goeth before the fall. You’ve become an absurd caricature of what you once were. You can’t even admit you were wrong about Tylenol being the drug Favre was overusing. Think about that. Sad. Hope you can come back to us. Good luck in your journey back to the light. We are rooting for you.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

True I knew a guy who ate too many marshmallows and asphyxiated. Drugs!!!

Vicodin is a painkiller that has hydrocodone and acetaminophen in the pill, the amount of Tylenol  comes in different doses per prescription. That's why it's so  dangerous to the liver. There are other painkillers that do not have any Tylenol at all in them.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Pride goeth before the fall. You’ve become an absurd caricature of what you once were. You can’t even admit you were wrong about Tylenol being the drug Favre was overusing. Think about that. Sad. Hope you can come back to us. Good luck in your journey back to the light. We are rooting for you.

I said that the acetaminophen in the vicodin he was taking was a lot. Which is true. You said they're two different things. Which isn't. This means I'm wrong how?

14 hours ago, jgb said:

This explains the bad choices (wiener pics and orange Crocs)

Crocs are addictive.  My older brother bought me a pair of crocs about 10 years ago or more that were one size too small.  I wore them and they soon expanded to fit my feet.  I am wearing them now....in my house....I  wear the same pair all summer in the back yard and at times in the house in the winter.  They have some holes worn near the big toe...  I've bought other crocs or croc like things but none of them are comfy like my old green and white paint spattered crocs.

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

what could have been in 2008 if we didn't foolishly trade for a guy who never wanted to be here.

We would have won the super bowl the next year if favre was still our qb instead of an immature kid who could not rise to the occasion.  The exact thing the rex jets needed was a vet qb those years not some wet behind the ears fail kid.

Never understood opioid addiction.  Popped a few vikes in my youth, snorted perks from time to time with a couple beers.  Fun, but never felt any desire to keep using them. OxyContin didn’t really get popular till after my partying days, so I have no frame of reference there.  Had surgery in December, got a script, never touched them.

10 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Never understood opioid addiction.  Popped a few vikes in my youth, snorted perks from time to time with a couple beers.  Fun, but never felt any desire to keep using them. OxyContin didn’t really get popular till after my partying days, so I have no frame of reference there.  Had surgery in December, got a script, never touched them.

But it's not about the opioids... it's the aecetamidaphin that's the killer!!!! According to @Miss Lonelyhearts

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Crocs are addictive.  My older brother bought me a pair of crocs about 10 years ago or more that were one size too small.  I wore them and they soon expanded to fit my feet.  I am wearing them now....in my house....I  wear the same pair all summer in the back yard and at times in the house in the winter.  They have some holes worn near the big toe...  I've bought other crocs or croc like things but none of them are comfy like my old green and white paint spattered crocs.

They also prevent STDs.

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

But it's not about the opioids... it's the aecetamidaphin that's the killer!!!! According to @Miss Lonelyhearts

The whole reason that most people who develop opioid problems shift to perc 30s and oxys and heroin instead of massive amounts of vicodin is because of the acetaminophen. That sh*t rips your insides out at 4500mg a pop. I've done that much hydrocodone before. It's about four 30s. And yeah, it's a lot, but it's not gonna take down a doberman or anything. Even now, going in cold without any tolerance at all to speak of, the first time would not be any more debilitatingly intoxicating than getting medium drunk, and after a couple times a day for a couple days it would be pretty close to perfectly functional. I could not take fifiteen vicodin es in less than half an hour because I would throw them up and feel like I had a bleeding ulcer. And on top of gutting you all by itself it basically turns a year of drinking into the equivalent of a decade as far as liver function. Yes, of course the dope is bad (call me crazy but I'm pretty sure I said that the first time), but you're not talking about the kind of volume where there's immediate risks of sudden serious effects or even long-term damage on the order of what the aceteminophen is doing in conjunction with the alcohol.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The whole reason that most people who develop opioid problems shift to perc 30s and oxys and heroin instead of massive amounts of vicodin is because of the acetaminophen. That sh*t rips your insides out at 4500mg a pop. I've done that much hydrocodone before. It's about four 30s. And yeah, it's a lot, but it's not gonna take down a doberman or anything. Even now, going in cold without any tolerance at all to speak of, the first time would not be any more debilitatingly intoxicating than getting medium drunk, and after a couple times a day for a couple days it would be pretty close to perfectly functional. I could not take fifiteen vicodin es in less than half an hour because I would throw them up and feel like I had a bleeding ulcer. And on top of gutting you all by itself it basically turns a year of drinking into the equivalent of a decade as far as liver function. Yes, of course the dope is bad (call me crazy but I'm pretty sure I said that the first time), but you're not talking about the kind of volume where there's immediate risks of sudden serious effects or even long-term damage on the order of what the aceteminophen is doing in conjunction with the alcohol.

don't need to read this thesis to summarize: "I am desperately backpeddling because my ego won't allow me to admit a dumb goof on an anonymous messageboard."

On 5/22/2018 at 7:36 PM, Gas2No99 said:

Lethally Razor Sharp Wit like @T0mShane MUST be dulled so as to not kill off the rest of the internet and its simple drones who can only take so much snarkiness. 

Don't encourage his addiction and stop capitalizing everything.  We're trying to help him

22 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Coulda been the Ravens sh*tting in our mouths for three hours!

We had much more talent to throw to than Miami and we wouldn't have had a first Rd bye with good QB play.

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We would have won the super bowl the next year if favre was still our qb instead of an immature kid who could not rise to the occasion.  The exact thing the rex jets needed was a vet qb those years not some wet behind the ears fail kid.

Yeah, he couldn't even get us to the playoffs with much easier sched in 2008 and no Brady be around but we would have won the SB ?.  Oh and he couldn't get a more talented Vikings team to SB and only won one all the years in GB but no sure we win a SB with him ????

By the way, Brett favre was great in 2009. Maybe the best year of career but that guy didn't want to play for us. We got go through the motions Brett in his effort to play out his one yr for us and get to Minnesota so he could stick it to GB.  Of course GB got the last laugh with Rodgers being better than favre and winning a SB the next year

7 hours ago, jgb said:

don't need to read this thesis to summarize: "I am desperately backpeddling because my ego won't allow me to admit a dumb goof on an anonymous messageboard."

Again, what am I wrong about? You didn't know that there's acetaminophen in Vicodin. It's okay. You shouldn't feel dumb about it. For many other reasons, sure, but not because of that. Next time just make sure you're right when you try to correct somebody. Or just stick to buttfumbling stuff.

4 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Again, what am I wrong about? You didn't know that there's acetaminophen in Vicodin. It's okay. You shouldn't feel dumb about it. For many other reasons, sure, but not because of that. Next time just make sure you're right when you try to correct somebody. Or just stick to buttfumbling stuff.

Again, when you have to twist someone's words you fail. The issue isn't about whether acetaminophen is in vicoden or not. It's that blaming the acetaminophen for the dangerous nature of an opioid like vicoden is like blaming the water in a double scotch on the rocks for alcoholism. This ridiculous "debate" has grown tiresome. I'll let you have the last word. Surprise me and make it cogent and persuasive.

If there are people not rooting for Teddy, I don’t want to know them. His situation is a perfect example why I no longer blame players for holding out. Vikings dumped him like a dorm room couch after that injury.

On 5/23/2018 at 3:28 AM, jgb said:

aecetaminophen = Tylenol

vicodin = Hydrocodone

Whole different league.

The AMA reduced amount of acetaminophe in the pills now cause folks who were taking 500MG tabs and had high # of pills each day were having liver issues. Now you cant get more than 325 MG of acetaminophe as additive in a pain pill.

Archived