Jamal Adams following NFL lessons his father taught him

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh so he's just like a rich man's Jamal Adams except Vilma quietly won a Super Bowl in a system that utilized him properly.

Vilma was also a true leader.  Hell, he had to take the fall for Bountygate because the league decided to pick out the "defensive leader" and were like "Oh, that's Vilma.  Let's suspend him for a year."

In hindsight a defense with Abraham and Vilma wouldn’t have been too bad. Totally forgot about Vilma but his first few years here were really good. 

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
On 6/17/2018 at 6:34 PM, Dcat said:

As I said, I'm hopeful he can elevate his play on the field somewhat close to what his mouth tells us.  Right now his mouth and his play are miles apart. Also, you need to understand that any player who constantly runs his mouth like Adams is going to face the wrath of the fans when his play doesn't even come close to measuring up. So far, that is the case with Adams.  I don't see this year's or last year's other rookies doing that, and the fans are quiet about their performance.  You have to admit that Adams bring this on himself.  Not the brightest bulb TBH.

He talked like an all pro, then became an all pro. He talked like a pro bowler, then became pro bowl mvp. He talked it, then he went out and did it.

Yet you still bring that wrath. 

Oui, Oui! 

• Upvote 2

On 6/18/2018 at 9:55 PM, T0mShane said:

What if I told you that the Jamal Adams you watched this year is exactly the Jamal Adams that played at LSU and you’ve seen exactly everything that Jamal Adams is physically capable of doing on a football field.

Lmaoo tell me more 

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaoo tell me more 

84 tackles. One interception off of a tipped Matt Cassel pass in extreme garbage time. 29th ranked defense. Nine wins in two years. You can’t name a single play he’s made other than the one tipped-pass INT and the only reason you’re aware of that is because I just mentioned it. Todd Bowles was at least aware enough to hide Adams in coverage inside an ultra-conservative defense which he won’t have this year, so you hotboys doing a mid-May fellatio fest on The Prez might want to wait a bit until he shows he’s able to do something more than Rontez Miles was able to do sufficiently in the NFL. 

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

84 tackles. One interception off of a tipped Matt Cassel pass in extreme garbage time. 29th ranked defense. Nine wins in two years. You can’t name a single play he’s made other than the one tipped-pass INT and the only reason you’re aware of that is because I just mentioned it. Todd Bowles was at least aware enough to hide Adams in coverage inside an ultra-conservative defense which he won’t have this year, so you hotboys doing a mid-May fellatio fest on The Prez might want to wait a bit until he shows he’s able to do something more than Rontez Miles was able to do sufficiently in the NFL. 

You know how I know when you are worried that you may be wrong on a subject? The lady doth protests too much, methinks.

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You know how I know when you are worried that you may be wrong on a subject? The lady doth protests too much, methinks.

I wake up in a positive mood, start going about my day, pour out some Cheerios and mix up a Collagen Peptide/Apple Cider Vinegar cocktail, and then I open up my phone to see I’m tagged in multiple threads with sh*tposts designed to antagonize me. 

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I wake up in a positive mood, start going about my day, pour out some Cheerios and mix up a Collagen Peptide/Apple Cider Vinegar cocktail, and then I open up my phone to see I’m tagged in multiple threads with sh*tposts designed to antagonize me. 

Mission. Accomplished.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Lmaoo damn you let me down @T0mShane I expected something more mockdraftable not copping pleas about Todd Bowles defense hiding him.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You missed that ferocious tackle on that mascot.  Shame on you!

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

He talked like an all pro, then became an all pro. He talked like a pro bowler, then became pro bowl mvp. He talked it, then he went out and did it.

Yet you still bring that wrath. 

Oui, Oui! 

we'll see if he improves his coverage this season because it wasn't good for most of the games.  I'm encouraged by the Pats game last year, so fingers crossed he can live up to all the hype.  Until then, we'll just wait and see.  I'd love to be chirping his status like you are, but he's just not there yet.  Sorry.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

we'll see if he improves his coverage this season because it wasn't good for most of the games.  I'm encouraged by the Pats game last year, so fingers crossed he can live up to all the hype.  Until then, we'll just wait and see.  I'd love to be chirping his status like you are, but he's just not there yet.  Sorry.  

No need to be sorry. That is a fair subjective position. 

I was only busting ur balls alitte when it revolved either Macc or things that was clearly out of Jamal's control. 

I cant hate on you simply having a different opinion. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Adams finally snagged his first career interception this year and has yet to allow a touchdown in addition to improving his catch rate allowed by slightly more than 15 percentage points. All that has culminated in an impressive 53.6 passer rating allowed in coverage, 10th among safeties. To put it simply, Adams can do it all. He’s the only one at his position to rank in the top-10 in run-stop percentage and passer rating allowed. And even with all that success in the fundamental areas for a safety, Adams is bringing more to the table in an unexpected way: pass-rushing

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/18/2018 at 5:30 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I will be here.  I like Adams.  I just did not particularly like him at 6. I don't think anybody ever called him terrible, but he can't run particularly fast  and to be a safety worth 6, he should be transcendent.  I like Adams attitude okay, and I don't mind his mouth, but if his leadership was worth so much we would not have had to clean out the locker-room and Wilkerson would not have been late to meetings. 

you are implying that Adams or anyone for that matter has the ability to change anyone. That is just not true. Great leaders lead those who want to be led and sniff out those that aren't ready to take the next step.

It's not his job as a leader to change people. 

As for his on field performance, if you watch the games and can't tell Jamal Adams is a great ascending player, I can't help you.