July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

As far as WRs the Gaslighters have the most widely considered greatest hands to ever play in Cris Carter, plus he’s considered top 10 overall on most lists...and Megatron, the biggest freak of nature to ever play, who is also on many top 10 lists for greatest of all time plus greatest hands of all time. Add in Ozzie at TE, There will be zero dropped balls on my team. 

I think Carter was hosed by the HoF for years.  He should have been a shoe-in.  That's a great WR lineup.  However, everything will balance out in this type of draft.  Will your OL be able to give Namath (on a bum knee no less) time to get the ball out against the top Front-7 units they face?  Only the Shadow knows...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think Carter was hosed by the HoF for years.  He should have been a shoe-in.  That's a great WR lineup.  However, everything will balance out in this type of draft.  Will your OL be able to give Namath (on a bum knee no less) time to get the ball out against the top Front-7 units they face?  Only the Shadow knows...

He’s going to play action twice every play with power I fake to Riggins up the gut then fake toss sweep to Bo when not running it down everybody’s throat?

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

He’s going to play action twice every play with power I fake to Riggins up the gut then fake toss sweep to Bo when not running it down everybody’s throat?

Only issue on your team is Lomas Brown. He can be great or awful. I’ve seen him get destroyed by guys and he admitted to giving up sack if he didn’t like the QB. 

22 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Only issue on your team is Lomas Brown. He can be great or awful. I’ve seen him get destroyed by guys and he admitted to giving up sack if he didn’t like the QB. 

I think the problem with Brown is he was dominant in obscurity and only played on great teams in the twilight of his career. Dude was a rookie in 85 and didn’t play on Super Bow teams until the 2000’s. LT was the only guy he couldn’t handle which imo, goes for every single other LT besides Munoz.

Just now, HessStation said:

I think the problem with Brown is he was dominant in obscurity and only played in great teams in the twilight of his career. Dude was a rookie in 85 and didn’t play on Super Bow teams until the 2000’s. LT was the only guy he couldn’t handle which imo, goes for every single other LT besides Munoz.

LT is LT

Brown said the hardest player to block outside of LT was Doleman and Dent. I’m sure blocking for Sanders must of been interesting lol

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

LT is LT

Brown said the hardest player to block outside of LT was Doleman and Dent. I’m sure blocking for Sanders must of been interesting lol

Yeah He didn’t really come into his own until the90’s.  His pro bowls and all pro life was basically 90-97. He got better over time..

18 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Btw, Munoz said the hardest player to block was Joe Klecko. 

I think these guys say that about everybody they are about to face.  Most of the quotes I see now say Bruce Smith.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000000825622/Anthony-Munoz-Bruce-Smith-was-one-of-the-most-difficult-players-to-block

Before his HOF induction he said Selmon, Smith and Fred Dean, but that he could probably name another 10.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

6x PB, 1x 1st team all Pro DE Neil Smith

GettyImages-223680.jpg

RB William Andrews.  Career cut short by a serious knee injury. In the 5 seasons before the knee injury he had 4 1,000 yd seasons.  the only non 1,000 yd season was the 1982 strike shortened season.

william-andrews-8.jpg

Wrong thread, again. 

That's cute.  Even pretty good.  My DL craps bigger than that.  Well except for Reggie.  

Let’s not pretend like there’s any kind of competition for who’s got the best defensive line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Can somebody fix the designation of Bobby Bell in the spreadsheet? He was a OLB, not a DE. Just want to make sure my roster is accurate...

You can set up your roster any way you choose.  The positions listed in the spreadsheet are basically irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Let’s not pretend like there’s any kind of competition for who’s got the best defensive line

If you don't look back past 1980, your DL is very, very good.  I will humbly point out I have arguably not one but both of the two best DTs of all time (you could put Merlin Olsen in the mix and say 2 of the top 3).  Atkins, my LDE is an older player, but almost always in the top-10 DL all-time lists (FWIW, Brandt has him #5).  I don't know what to tell anyone who didn't grow up watching Greene and Lilly in the 70s but I don't believe there is another DL in this draft that can compare across the entire line.  One man's opinion.

44 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I think Marshall Yanda was taken earlier. Dominator - pick 302

He was taken, but it wasn't me.  I think it was @Jetsfan80 .

40 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

DL/Passrush complete

OLB - Greene 160 sacks #3 all time

DE - O’Neil 132.5 sacks tied with LT #13 all time

DT - Suh 51.5 sacks

DT - Hampton space eater

DE - Doleman 150.5 sacks #5 all time

OLB - Hendricks 26 ints 

Nice, but your LBs are going to be towards the slower side.  I think of Greene and Doleman as basically DEs more than OLBs.  Not sure how much Stork played in a 4-3, but I don't see him as a sideline to sideline guy.  Who do you have in the middle?  No MLB yet?  That dude will have some ground to cover. 

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You do your line up. I have a bunch of players that played multiple positions 

+1

I have multiple guys that play on both sides of the ball. 

Let's just go Wild Wild West on this and put [mention=28612]Paradis[/mention] on the clock, since he's around.  F*ck it.  [mention=11582]HawkeyeJet[/mention] make your picks when you can.  
[mention=9582]T0mShane[/mention] and [mention=10224]HessStation[/mention] get ready, we're in the lightning round now.  

Lol just total disregard for the lock altogether? Let me know when he’s been OTC for an hour and I’ll pick

Archived