Jets Training Camp- 8/18

Patriot Killa

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Point of reference, Bridgewater has had one full season of play. Hardly an object of comparison. If healthy, I would believe that most talent evaluators would rather have Bridgewater, than the dink-dunk machine that is Bortles. Again, health may be the issue.

Career QBR edge goes to Bridgewater as well interception rate along with Y/A. 

Nothing like a little perspective to ruin your narrative. Sometimes a little logic beats the player

And every single team had a chance to sign Teddy. If the Jags thought he was better than what they had, or had the potential to be, then they would have signed him. Seems like reality didn’t care for your logic. 

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And every single team had a chance to sign Teddy. If the Jags thought he was better than what they had, or had the potential to be, then they would have signed him. Seems like reality didn’t care for your logic. 

I am commenting on your false narrative of "stats" that you claimed incorrectly.

If you are now waffling into the subject of "every team had the chance to sign TB", we don't really know that. You would have to ask TB, as he controlled which teams he entertained talking to. It is quite possible that he thought his BEST chance of STARTING may have been with the Jets at the time of signing. Logic would seem to agree with that premise. But again, we don't know what teams contacted him, nor which teams he entertained offers from.

You are not doing great here.

Just now, Apache 51 said:

Sounds like HS basketball, I sucked at BB played to stay in shape for football a Baseball.

Oh man making the whole team do suicides by missing the front end of 1 and 1 after practicing for 2 hours.... Been there not fun ?

At this point whoever has been flagged the most has to sit for the first 3 series in the next game, that will get attention 

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am commenting on your false narrative of "stats" that you claimed incorrectly.

If you are now waffling into the subject of "every team had the chance to sign TB", we don't really know that. You would have to ask TB, as he controlled which teams he entertained talking to. It is quite possible that he thought his BEST chance of STARTING may have been with the Jets at the time of signing. Logic would seem to agree with that premise. But again, we don't know what teams contacted him, nor which teams he entertained offers from.

You are not doing great here.

But you’re saying most would think Bridgewater is an upgrade to Bortles. The Jags could have signed him to be the starter if that’s true. But it’s not. 

Its barely an upgrade and the stats for Teddy likely fall further with increased playing time. He’s a game manager. The Jags aren’t trading a pick for a minimal upgrade, but really it’s a wash. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

But you’re saying most would think Bridgewater is an upgrade to Bortles. The Jags could have signed him to be the starter if that’s true. But it’s not. 

Its barely an upgrade and the stats for Teddy likely fall further with increased playing time. He’s a game manager. The Jags aren’t trading a pick for a minimal upgrade, but really it’s a wash. 

Can you show me where TB had any interest in signing with Jacksonville?

You are the one that originally said that any 3 Bortles seasons would be better than any Bridgewater season. Well, based on career stats, that is hardly a truism. Certainly based on QBR. Now you are saying "barely an upgrade" and "its a wash".

Backtrack, backtrack, backtrack.

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

Oh man making the whole team do suicides by missing the front end of 1 and 1 after practicing for 2 hours.... Been there not fun ?

At this point whoever has been flagged the most has to sit for the first 3 series in the next game, that will get attention 

No sore vaginas allowed.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Can you show me where TB had any interest in signing with Jacksonville?

You are the one that originally said that any 3 Bortles seasons would be better than any Bridgewater season. Well, based on career stats, that is hardly a truism. Certainly based on QBR. Now you are saying "barely an upgrade" and "its a wash".

Backtrack, backtrack, backtrack.

No. You’re talking in circles. Bortles rookie year was so bad TD and interception wise it skews his stats. Year by year, Bortles has had three better years than TB. Period. More yards, more TDs. Period. On the whole, they’re about the same QB but Bortles is a better runner. Not sure why you want to argue about to lower third NFL QBs when the premise of TB going to Jax was never a realistic thing. 

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I really do not know how to react with the jets actually having 'options' at QB.  Like we have three options.....like not one, not two but three....options.....at QB.

They have one, only one can play at a time and 2 suck, one is up in the air, we don't have Rodgers, Brady, and Wentz. Im looking for a big trophy not a carousel.

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. You’re talking in circles. Bortles rookie year was so bad TD and interception wise it skews his stats. Year by year, Bortles has had three better years than TB. Period. More yards, more TDs. Period. On the whole, they’re about the same QB but Bortles is a better runner. Not sure why you want to argue about to lower third NFL QBs when the premise of TB going to Jax was never a realistic thing. 

You are a piece of work. YOU are the one that STARTED comparing stats. It was me that corrected you.

Yards should not be a measure of being a better QB (my opinion). You know which qb trailed in games, had to put the ball up late in games to catch up? Right, Bortles. Have you ever watched games where teams ahead go in a prevent defense? Yup, that is how many of those yards came for Bortles early in his career.

Never mind the stats of QBR, YPA and INT%, that favor Bridgewater

But you keep telling me that I am spinning in circles

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You are a piece of work. YOU are the one that STARTED comparing stats. It was me that corrected you.

Yards should not be a measure of being a better QB (my opinion). You know which qb trailed in games, had to put the ball up late in games to catch up? Right, Bortles. Have you ever watched games where teams ahead go in a prevent defense? Yup, that is how many of those yards came for Bortles early in his career.

Never mind the stats of QB, YPA and INT%, that favor Bridgewater

But you keep telling me that I am spinning in circles

Could you children please take this argument to another room?

I wonder how many pre-snap penalties on offense are solely on the O-line. They may kill our season. It’s not always easy to change scheme with the same personnel(besides center). Transition year AND still no talent is a bad combo for a rookie QB.

I’m really not opposed to Sam sitting first 1/4 of season while line “gels”(I know sh*t just stinks and doesn’t gel). Next game will be very telling. 

Archived