Jets Training Camp- 8/18

Patriot Killa

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Whomever the starter is, they need to play 2 1/2 quarters this 3rd preseason game.  

I think mccown is going to be the starter.  He needs to play against the giants.

We cant do what we did last year and run a rusty mccown out there week 1.

I think whoever Bowles starts against the Giants is going to be the starter for the season. I have a feeling it’s going to be Darnold.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think whoever Bowles starts against the Giants is going to be the starter for the season. I have a feeling it’s going to be Darnold.

If that is the plan then fine.  I dont agree but i dont make the decisions.

If darnold is out there starting against the giants then he is ur day 1 starter.  

Worst case is starting darnold against the giats then starting a rusty mccown against the lions.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Right. So Bortles has had three years better than Bridgewaters best year, making it his 4th. Nothing like a little math to ruin your narrative. Thanks for playing though. 

Point of reference, Bridgewater has had one full season of play. Hardly an object of comparison. If healthy, I would believe that most talent evaluators would rather have Bridgewater, than the dink-dunk machine that is Bortles. Again, health may be the issue.

Career QBR edge goes to Bridgewater as well interception rate along with Y/A. 

Nothing like a little perspective to ruin your narrative. Sometimes a little logic beats the player

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He looks like he has some skill, let's wait and see how he plays against a real NFL D the next pre season game the 3rd the only thing close to a real game for 3 quarters this will give us a very slight indication of that but not until he plays against all #1's will we know. He has 3 years to prove he is the real deal, so let's be patient.

Archived