Jets Training Camp- 8/18

Patriot Killa

16 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

They have one, only one can play at a time and 2 suck, one is up in the air, we don't have Rodgers, Brady, and Wentz. Im looking for a big trophy not a carousel.

Mcown, Hackenburg, Petty

McCown, Bridgewater, Darnold

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am done with him. BTW, this is a forum, where discussion occurs. But I will close it here,

As in this case, I find that when someone gets defensive about criticism, it's best to just walk away.  Nothing good comes from continuing that type of debate. 

I also urge people to consider that being ribbed for making hyperbolic statements isn't a mortal insult.  Sometimes when things are slow, that's all there is to do here.  Maybe things get lost in translation to the forum, but if you say something factually wrong, don't get angry when someone corrects you.  If it was meant as a joke, just  say so and move on.  But the nature of this place is everyone gets criticized (some way more than others of course).  It doesn't mean you have to go to war every single time.

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

QBs combined 15 for 15. Is it because they went against tougher defenses such as the Redskins and now against the Jets plush D, it's a cake walk? 

Discuss.

How come when you guys say sh*t like this it’s like “ oooh post of the week! Great observation! Oooh let me upvote this post!” But when I say sh*t like this it’s “ooh Tom, you suck, you’re a piece of sh*t hater, Tom, I’m gonna buttfumble this post and then mute you and then tell you I’m muting you because you suck, ooooh”? 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How come when you guys say sh*t like this it’s like “ oooh post of the week! Great observation! Oooh let me upvote this post!” But when I say sh*t like this it’s “ooh Tom, you suck, you’re a piece of sh*t hater, Tom, I’m gonna buttfumble this post and then mute you and then tell you I’m muting you because you suck, ooooh”? 

Don’t be jealous.  

Hater. 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oh stop being pussies, you did it too yourselves. Be more disciplined.

To be fair, I doubt it's the whole team that's doing it to themselves. Probably just a few of the same scrubs over and over.

The rest of the team should deal with it accordingly:

AdolescentClumsyGar-max-1mb.gif

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You are just a poor misunderstood soul!

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm muting you, and you suck.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Leonard williams is always doing something great in practice.  Im tired of hearing it.  Make a play on sunday or i dont want to hear about him.

Just shows how bad the OL is...

20 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Whomever the starter is, they need to play 2 1/2 quarters this 3rd preseason game.  

I think mccown is going to be the starter.  He needs to play against the giants.

We cant do what we did last year and run a rusty mccown out there week 1.

No... the worst of all ideas...

No reason to play McCown over Darnold or Bridgewater for that matter...

Darnold is ready, he is being prepared to be the starter, the growing pains will be worth finding out what we have now.  Bridgewater should not be traded and should be the back-up and ready to go for insurance.  McCown is an outstanding bench player to mentor Darnold.

Time to start accepting it.

I don't know if Bridgewater is that much better than Bortles. Maybe Jax didn't want to drop 5 million on the chance the Bridgewater was healthy enough and didn't want to risk a QB controversy. Maybe they thought Bortles would take the next step and he didn't. Not signing a guy coming off of a major injury isn't that surprising. Everyone of these long shots are indeed long shots. Jets didn't have to worry about ruffling McCowns feathers and didn't know who they were going to draft...

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

No... the worst of all ideas...

No reason to play McCown over Darnold or Bridgewater for that matter...

Darnold is ready, he is being prepared to be the starter, the growing pains will be worth finding out what we have now.  Bridge should not be traded and should be the back-up and ready to go for insurance.  McCown is an outstanding bench player to mentor Darnold.

Time to start accepting it.

Ray nice to see you!! :) 

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

You are a piece of work. YOU are the one that STARTED comparing stats. It was me that corrected you.

Yards should not be a measure of being a better QB (my opinion). You know which qb trailed in games, had to put the ball up late in games to catch up? Right, Bortles. Have you ever watched games where teams ahead go in a prevent defense? Yup, that is how many of those yards came for Bortles early in his career.

Never mind the stats of QBR, YPA and INT%, that favor Bridgewater

But you keep telling me that I am spinning in circles

K.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Post of the week.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hey stop your whining. lol

13 hours ago, nycdan said:

As in this case, I find that when someone gets defensive about criticism, it's best to just walk away.  Nothing good comes from continuing that type of debate. 

I also urge people to consider that being ribbed for making hyperbolic statements isn't a mortal insult.  Sometimes when things are slow, that's all there is to do here.  Maybe things get lost in translation to the forum, but if you say something factually wrong, don't get angry when someone corrects you.  If it was meant as a joke, just  say so and move on.  But the nature of this place is everyone gets criticized (some way more than others of course).  It doesn't mean you have to go to war every single time.

Based on the stats I was using to compare the two players, I didn’t say anything factually wrong. Listen, if you want to tell me that Blake Bortles is worse than Teddy Bridgewater based on some other set of stats, I’m going to need you to bring the receipts not just tell me that it’s so. I brought numbers and stats and facts. Scott just doesn’t like me and he’ll argue until he’s blue in the face, no matter how inconsequential the debate or how wrong he is. Fact is that TB and Blake Bortles are both average QBs in this league and neither one will be a Jet, so it’s silly to continue on. 

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I did, career stats:

Comp%

QBR

INT%

Y/A

1. You never provided the hard numbers. 

2. My statement was teddy’s best season would be Bb’s 4th best season.

3. You then chimed in with irrelevant to the discussion stats.

4. Bottom line is the Jags aren’t trading for a Qb that doesn’t offer an upgrade.

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

1. You never provided the hard numbers. 

2. My statement was teddy’s best season would be Bb’s 4th best season.

3. You then chimed in with irrelevant to the discussion stats.

4. Bottom line is the Jags aren’t trading for a Qb that doesn’t offer an upgrade.

K

Archived