Jets Training Camp- 8/18

Patriot Killa

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So just for a little data...Bortles has played four years.  His 4th best year he had 11 TD, 17 INTs, 58.9% Completion pct. and a QB Rating of 69.5.  

Bridgewaters' best year?  14 TDs, 9 INTs, 65.3% completion rate and QB rating of 88.7.

Nothing like the bright light of data to mess up some fat hyperbole :)

Having said all that, I think Bortles is better than most give him credit for but definitely prone to bad stretches that can kill a team.  And Bridgewater is probably not as good as his rep might suggest.  If anything, I'd put them at about the same level in terms of what I'd expect from them with a slight edge to Bortles because he did have that one very good season and Teddy hasn't shown his ceiling yet.

Right. So Bortles has had three years better than Bridgewaters best year, making it his 4th. Nothing like a little math to ruin your narrative. Thanks for playing though. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Add in a low pick ourselves. It’s really not too improbable.

It's not happening. Bridgewater isn't some massive upgrade over Bortles. They could have signed him to a FA contract in the offseason if they were considering replacing Bortles and thought Bridgewater was a potential upgrade. 

Why would they suddenly want to give up a draft pick for him? If Bortles got injured it would be another story but as is, it's nothing more than a pipe dream.

Macc's priorities list:
1. Coffee
2. Send thank you note to Chris Johnson
3. More coffee
4. Buy stock in Starbucks
5. Re-sign Buster Skrine
6. Follow Jamal Adams on Twitter
7. More extensions
8. Visit hospital for injured football players
9. Renew his lease on his New York home
10. BAP

He’s a Dunkin’ Donuts guy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

If Bowles had his way mccown would be our starter until he retires or even worse we might bring back fitz

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Based on what? He started Hackenberg last year in the preseason with hopes he’d win the job but he sucked and so did Petty. Bowles was proven right when McCown got hurt and Petty had to play. We all saw how inept Petty was.

This year Darnold has an excellent shot at starting from game 1.

Archived