Pre-combine Fanspeak Mock: Bosa slips to 3!

19andOhWait

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If Bosa falls to 3 it isn't going to be because someone takes Allen over him. 

No way a team takes a guy who had 17 sacks in the SEC, has no character red flags, and projects to have ideal measurables over someone with 17.5 career sacks coming off an injury. 

I understand Bosa is a great prospect but Allen is a very clean prospect. If Bosa gets nitpicked I think Allen could absolutely go before him.

47 minutes ago, derp said:

No way a team takes a guy who had 17 sacks in the SEC, has no character red flags, and projects to have ideal measurables over someone with 17.5 career sacks coming off an injury. 

I understand Bosa is a great prospect but Allen is a very clean prospect. If Bosa gets nitpicked I think Allen could absolutely go before him.

it’s all about the measurables with the pass rushers, more than any other position. it’s still not that crazy to think that a guy like rashaan gary blows up the combine and goes #1

3 hours ago, derp said:

Bosa has 17.5 (college) career sacks.  Total. 

Allen has 17 sacks last year alone. (31.5 sacks over his college career).

Bosa dropping is a VERY real possibility. 

10 hours ago, TheGoose said:

Bosa has 17.5 (college) career sacks.  Total. 

Allen has 17 sacks last year alone. (31.5 sacks over his college career).

Bosa dropping is a VERY real possibility. 

My post was unclear but that’s what I was getting at.

Its SO unlikely that Bosa slips to #3. 

He would have to have a freak injury OR someone will have to fall in love with a QB, trade up to #1, then the Niners would have to fall in love with Q.Williams and take him #2 overall. I mean, none of this is going to happen. 

I mean, Darnold slipping to #3 last year was unlikely. But that was a completely different situation. It was the year of the QB with Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Rosen all considered potential 'franchise QB' prospects. You had Nelson coming out as one of the best O-line prospects EVER, and you had Chubb as a top 5 defensive prospect along with D.Ward. Not to mention the once in a generation talent S.Barkley. So the odds of Sam falling to #3 were much much higher due to so much top tier talent and so many 'Franchise QBs'.   

Bosa and Allen went 1 and 2 when I drafted so I stuck with an offensive draft:

3: R1P3

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
68: R3P4

G CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE
93: R3P29

C ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M
105: R4P3

TE ZACH GENTRY
MICHIGAN
140: R5P2

RB BENNY SNELL JR.
KENTUCKY
217: R7P3

OT CHUMA EDOGA
USC

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, PepPep said:

Its SO unlikely that Bosa slips to #3. 

He would have to have a freak injury OR someone will have to fall in love with a QB, trade up to #1, then the Niners would have to fall in love with Q.Williams and take him #2 overall. I mean, none of this is going to happen. 

I mean, Darnold slipping to #3 last year was unlikely. But that was a completely different situation. It was the year of the QB with Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Rosen all considered potential 'franchise QB' prospects. You had Nelson coming out as one of the best O-line prospects EVER, and you had Chubb as a top 5 defensive prospect along with D.Ward. Not to mention the once in a generation talent S.Barkley. So the odds of Sam falling to #3 were much much higher due to so much top tier talent and so many 'Franchise QBs'.   

I wonder if Bosa taking most of last year off could have some impact.  if Q and JA both blow the doors off at the combine, and Bosa comes out a little less exciting, the order can shake up.  Bosa looked great but it was for all of 3 games.  Teams have a lot more film of the other two going off for a full 2018 season.  Maybe some will say it's a complete non-issue, but others might, if it's really close, go with the guys who played hard to the final whistle of their bowl games.  I don't blame Bosa at all for doing what he did (and I think we may see Zion Williamson do the same), but he can't cry foul if it drops him a slot or two in the draft when all is said and done. 

In any case, we're going to get an excellent prospect so no complaints here no matter how it plays out.

This is gonna be a crazy draft. Murray is very much like Wilson, how is a QB needy team not intrigued? 

The most desperate team in this draft is the Redskins. That's a decent team outside of the QB position. They are falling behind badly now with Dallas & Philly with Alex Smith injury and now you have the Giants in position to get Haskins. 

They have GOT to get a QB! Someone else spoke about this before & it is something that could play out, highly unlikely but crazy things happen at the draft because of the hype machine, but could you imagine if the Jets could trade back twice? The 2nd trade back with the Skins. I think 15 is a sweet spot in this draft that has all of 2/3 players showing up in the top 3 that are not QBs. 

Loading up on draft picks before Sams 2nd year could transform this organization for years. Gonna be a fun draft to watch.

The Fanspeak mock draft simulator is pretty good I notice a lot of people quote it or share their mocks from it. 

Dont know if any of you have seen the mock draft simulator on thedraftnetwork....its very well done and truly kills the fanspeak version. I believe its thedraftnetwork/mock-draft-machine

Check it out and have fun!

Archived