Jets Place 2nd Round Tender on Anderson

JetFreak89

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, genot said:

You must be kidding ME. Don't deny the obvious. Darnold had a bunch of games where he struggled to find open receivers. Including Anderson. That's why he was benched. Hope you don't believe the line that he was too hurt to play. When Darnold played well, Anderson played well. It's all about the Quarterback. I'm not into attacking people. You are. That's fine. I stand by what i've said. I'm not objective. I think Anderson is an elite deep threat receiver in the league. I'm glad we have him. When defense's play their safeties deep to protect against big plays downfield, that open things up for other receivers. Football 101

Yes that is football 101. The thing is most teams don't see Robbie(Mr Softee) Anderson as an ELITE Wr. He is a jag Wr who is easily replaceable. As for the personal stuff well I fight fire with fire my friend. Maybe you shouldn't make baseless accusations when your argument goes flat.

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yes that is football 101. The thing is most teams don't see Robbie(Mr Softee) Anderson as an ELITE Wr. He is a jag Wr who is easily replaceable. As for the personal stuff well I fight fire with fire my friend. Maybe you shouldn't make baseless accusations when your argument goes flat.

Lol. Oh, you've spoken to team officials about Anderson. Interesting .If he was a Jag WR, we would have never given him a 2nd round tender. Read what Matt Rhule said about Anderson. He was his college coach at Temple, and a contender for the head coaching job with the Jet's. maybe you'll learn something.

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Lol. Oh, you've spoken to team officials about Anderson. Interesting .If he was a Jag WR, we would have never given him a 2nd round tender. Read what Matt Rhule said about Anderson. He was his college coach at Temple, and a contender for the head coaching job with the Jet's. maybe you'll learn something.

Whatever. This is pointless. You and I disagree on this and we could keep going back and forth until doomsday and the result would be the same. I go by what I see and don't see anything special in a lightweight WR with speed. You do. To each his own.

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Whatever. This is pointless. You and I disagree on this and we could keep going back and forth until doomsday and the result would be the same. I go by what I see and don't see anything special in a lightweight WR with speed. You do. To each his own.

I agree with everything you said in your post. Except the part about Anderson.200.gif.bde4c848da08d8053c4c0f8b2b882caa.gif

some highlights from the article posted by genot:

“He’s battled to get where he is,” said Rhule, who coached Anderson at Temple. "There’s just not a guy that’s as competitive or as tough or as physical. I just appreciate him, I appreciate what he did for me, the way he did things when he was in college, so I’m happy he’s getting that reward now.”

“I don’t know a lot about how he’s been used, but what I do know is that he has an amazing skill set and the new staff, I’m sure that they’ll have a plan for it,” Rhule said. "But there’s not a lot he can’t do on the football field, I really believe in who Robby is athletically and most importantly competitively. He’s as dynamic a competitor as I’ve ever been around.”

Anderson is still a relatively inexperienced wide receiver, too – so to some extent he’s still learning on the job. He came to Temple as a defensive back, but switched to wide receiver after redshirting his first season under Rhule.

But even as recently as 2016, when Anderson was signed as an unrestricted free agent, it wasn’t entirely clear that he’d join the NFL as a wideout.

“I remember my wife and I were at a boxing match and we were talking to him on the phone – he was trying to decide between whether he was going to go to one team and play corner or go to the Jets or someone else to play receiver," Rhule said. “So you’re talking about a guy saying, ‘Hey, what side of the ball do I want to be on?’ That’s how versatile he is.”

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

“He’s battled to get where he is,” said Rhule, who coached Anderson at Temple. "There’s just not a guy that’s as competitive or as tough or as physical. I just appreciate him, I appreciate what he did for me, the way he did things when he was in college, so I’m happy he’s getting that reward now.”

“I don’t know a lot about how he’s been used, but what I do know is that he has an amazing skill set and the new staff, I’m sure that they’ll have a plan for it,” Rhule said. "But there’s not a lot he can’t do on the football field, I really believe in who Robby is athletically and most importantly competitively. He’s as dynamic a competitor as I’ve ever been around.”

Anderson is still a relatively inexperienced wide receiver, too – so to some extent he’s still learning on the job. He came to Temple as a defensive back, but switched to wide receiver after redshirting his first season under Rhule.

But even as recently as 2016, when Anderson was signed as an unrestricted free agent, it wasn’t entirely clear that he’d join the NFL as a wideout.

“I remember my wife and I were at a boxing match and we were talking to him on the phone – he was trying to decide between whether he was going to go to one team and play corner or go to the Jets or someone else to play receiver," Rhule said. “So you’re talking about a guy saying, ‘Hey, what side of the ball do I want to be on?’ That’s how versatile he is.”

We need CBs too.  Maybe he should play both ways.

12 hours ago, Freemanm said:

What exactly does this mean? CAn other teams still try to poach him with more $$?

If nothing else happens, he plays for us under the one year tender, for the stated amount, and next year he's an unrestricted free agent.

If another team offers him a contract, we have 7 days to choose whether we want to match that or not. If we do, he stays with us under that new contract. If we don't, he joins the other team and we get that team's second round pick in return.

So the only way we lose him is if another team offers him quite a bit more than we think he's worth.

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Thank's for posting the article, and not just the link. untitled.thumb.png.6da6b60f710bf8f1a0adf885c18813e5.png

6 hours ago, jamesr said:

If nothing else happens, he plays for us under the one year tender, for the stated amount, and next year he's an unrestricted free agent.

If another team offers him a contract, we have 7 days to choose whether we want to match that or not. If we do, he stays with us under that new contract. If we don't, he joins the other team and we get that team's second round pick in return.

So the only way we lose him is if another team offers him quite a bit more than we think he's worth.

Oh. Hopefully another team isn't willing to overpay for him, but it still makes me nervous. He's a good receiver, especially over the top. I also think he and Darnold bult some good chemistry last season. 

33 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Oh. Hopefully another team isn't willing to overpay for him, but it still makes me nervous. He's a good receiver, especially over the top. I also think he and Darnold bult some good chemistry last season. 

Makes me nervous too. It's a thin market for wideouts. I read Humphries might command from 10-15 Mill. He's good, but not nearly that good.

• 2 weeks later...

Robby looks more vulnerable now to an offer from another team the way the Jets are slingin' cash around. 

Paying Enunwa and Crowder each $9M... leaving Robby, who is still currently the best offensive skill player on this team, at $3M is not a good look.    @Sperm Edwardswas right... the Jets were in a better spot to extend Robby this off-season.

At least Trumaine at $17M is no longer the highest paid player on defense.  That was a horrendous look.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Robby looks more vulnerable now to an offer from another team the Jets are slingin' cash. 

Paying Enunwa and Crowder each $9M... leaving Robby, who is still currently the best offensive skill player on this team, at $3M is not a good look.  

At least Trumaine at $17M is no longer the highest paid player on defense.  That was a horrendous look.

geez you scared me bumping this thread - thought someone had made him an offer.

Archived