Chances Butler is available?

funaz

So far the draft has been pretty damn good. Mac has made some smart picks. Safe bet round 1. High value in polite. And best pass blocker in the draft.

If we can get Butler in the 4rth this draft would almost be perfect

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, funaz said:

So far the draft has been pretty damn good. Mac has made some smart picks. Safe bet round 1. High value in polite. And best pass blocker in the draft.

So if you look at the two teams picking ahead of the Jets- AZ and Niners, I doubt they go after a WR. AZ could take Butler just b/c of the value but they already took a WR (Isabella) and took Kirk last year and still have Fitz, they have P.Cooper, K.White, M.Dupree...just a lot of talented youg WRs that have yet to prove they can be legit starters. I don't see them going after another WR. 

The niners took Samuel and hurd with their last two draft picks, the odds of them going after another one is unlikely. 

I think the Jets will have Butler there for the taking. Whether they want him or not is a whole different question. 

Right now they have 4 WRs (not counting Montgomery, who can be considered a WR or RB) who are most likely a lock to make the roster (Enunwa, Anderson, Burnett, Crowder)...so there is room for a rookie WR to make the roster. Bellamy is not a lock for me, despite the fact that they just signed him. 

7 minutes ago, PepPep said:

So if you look at the two teams picking ahead of the Jets- AZ and Niners, I doubt they go after a WR. AZ could take Butler just b/c of the value but they already took a WR (Isabella) and took Kirk last year and still have Fitz, they have P.Cooper, K.White, M.Dupree...just a lot of talented youg WRs that have yet to prove they can be legit starters. I don't see them going after another WR. 

The niners took Samuel and hurd with their last two draft picks, the odds of them going after another one is unlikely. 

I think the Jets will have Butler there for the taking. Whether they want him or not is a whole different question. 

Right now they have 4 WRs (not counting Montgomery, who can be considered a WR or RB) who are most likely a lock to make the roster (Enunwa, Anderson, Burnett, Crowder)...so there is room for a rookie WR to make the roster. Bellamy is not a lock for me, despite the fact that they just signed him. 

Is Deontey going to make the opening day roster? If not get Butler

25 minutes ago, funaz said:

Just checked out highlights (not a college fan) - reminds me of plaxico burress. Would love if we could add him in the 4th!

1 minute ago, funaz said:

I love big wrs. They offer so much help to young qbs. Having a 6'5" target could only help Darnold

He drops a lot of balls though, has to get over that.

32 minutes ago, funaz said:

I really like Butler as a 4th, but it would be hard for me to pass on the two solid centers left in the draft. If we grab one of them, the argument could be made that this was the plan. Grab the DT and Edge in the draft made for those positions and grab the OL later when they believed they'd be there. I'm hoping that's the way they go. I'd be fine with Butler but would prefer the C or even Cajuste for the OL.  That kid is good. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Especially to his QB, a young one at that.  Still could be worth the pick here

I would still like the pick. Not sure where the drops are coming from but a lot of the time in the NFL the top WR's have the most drops because they're being targeted so much. Nice big target for Darnold that can stretch the D and be a big redzone target.

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Is Deontey going to make the opening day roster? If not get Butler

I think he does. But that still leaves room for a rookie and Bellamy to fight for the 6th spot. Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Burnett, Rookie, Bellamy or other. That's 6. 

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

OK - this explains why he's still out there. WR drops can be maddening. 

100% why he is still available. He has also shown he can make great catches. I think worth the risk.

I just hope this year's fourth is as much of a home run as last year's.  In fact, I think the fourth round has been very, very good to the Jets.  Herndon, Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes, Bilal Powell, Dwight Lowery, Brad Smith, Jerricho Cotchery, Jason Fabini.  Certainly better than the second or third rounders we've taken.

6 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I just hope this year's fourth is as much of a home run as last year's.  In fact, I think the fourth round has been very, very good to the Jets.  Herndon, Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes, Bilal Powell, Dwight Lowery, Brad Smith, Jerricho Cotchery, Jason Fabini.  Certainly better than the second or third rounders we've taken.

Leon Washington was a beast for us, loved him. I wish we could have kept him.

49 minutes ago, funaz said:

30%

Archived